NFL Thread 2019

Charlie Foley

Garap has something like 6 throws whole game
Six!!! Mad
Yes. But our worst performance of the season offensively was at home vs Seattle when they packed the box and we had too many players out to pass effectively.

I guess I meant more generally. Speaking tonight, your run D just isn’t very good. But last week for example, we blew them up early on passing, then when they focused on stopping that, we just ran over them.

Sylar

Yes. But our worst performance of the season offensively was at home vs Seattle when they packed the box and we had too many players out to pass effectively.

I guess I meant more generally. Speaking tonight, your run D just isn’t very good. But last week for example, we blew them up early on passing, then when they focused on stopping that, we just ran over them.
Your lot Vs chiefs will be a good sideshow in 2 weeks during the Shakira show

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Looking forward to this Super Bowl. Finally got some new blood. High-powered offense with an amazing young QB up against a physical team with a very good defense to go along with a well-balanced offense. Goes without saying if it turns into a shootout, the Niners are fecked.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Looking forward to this Super Bowl. Finally got some new blood. High-powered offense with an amazing young QB up against a physical team with a very good defense to go along with a well-balanced offense. Goes without saying if it turns into a shootout, the Niners are fecked.
Can’t wait!

I don’t think we are fecked if it goes into a shootout.

I think the Niners can win and have found a way to win in many ways this season - including shoot outs. Jimmy G is not always asked to air it out but he has show he can carry this team to a win when he does.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Throughout the season I have felt that the Niners team has been like the Eagles from two years back . Very strong in the trenches , great depth and overall probably the most balanced team in football. Fought off a lot of injuries through the season and just like the Eagles they destroyed their NFC championship opponents. Now they play a team with a clearly superior QB This is the closest SB I can remember in a while

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Surprised to see the Chiefs open as the favourites tbh.

Should be a great Super Bowl - rooting for the Niners to win it all, and Mostert for SB MVP.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Jimmy G only threw 8 times!!

SB will be a good matchup.

muller

Jimmy G only threw 8 times!!

SB will be a good matchup.
if your gameplan is working, don't change it.

I remember playing in the britbowl quarters a few years ago, team we were playing could not stop our bubble screen hitch options, or some simple double slants. We got about 20 yards on the ground and I caught 22 passes for 250 yards or something stupid. We kept hitting them over and over with the same 2 or 3 plays and then the Z guy ended up with 3 catches for 180 yards when they eventually kept biting and we just played over the top.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Good thing for the Niners is that they were up so much last night and what they did was working, Shanahan probably hasn't even shown 25% of his playbook right now. Their D is great and they can beat you in so many different ways.

On the other hand, Andy Reid rarely loses if he has two weeks to prepare for a game. Andy Reid doesn't win Super Bowls though. Something's gotta give in Miami.

Charlie Foley

Can’t believe we’re in the Super Bowl. Start of the season I was hoping for a 6th seed wild card, anything over 9 wins I’d have been buzzing. When we beat the browns in week 5 I felt like there was something special. We’ve won games in so many different ways with so many people counting us out at every turn. Even our losses except the weird Falcons game bolstered our credentials as much as anything: poor play call on our last possession cost us in a tight game against a strong Ravens team, and down to the bare bones with injuries and players just back and rusty, lost an absolute war against Seattle we should have won, which only made our deserved week 17 win that much sweeter. We have been playoff bullies since then

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m hyped for the Super Bowl now, it’s gonna be a hell of a game.

I fancy the 9ers to do it give their strength on D, but it could be a straight up shootout.

Think I might have to wear my Sanders jersey even though it’ll be the “wrong“ colours for the night. Although I don’t think he played last night did he?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

I fancy the 9ers to do it give their strength on D, but it could be a straight up shootout.

Think I might have to wear my Sanders jersey even though it’ll be the “wrong“ colours for the night. Although I don’t think he played last night did he?
Played 75% of the snaps... 1 target, 0 receptions.

You can quickly forget about the receivers if your QB only completes 6 passes :lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Can you believe that the 49ers have the most electric TE in the game and they just trashed a no. 2 seed by throwing just 1 pass to him?

The 49ers D is great, but the variety and depth and versatility of their offence doesn’t get the recognition it deserves.

I also fancy the 49ers. Only because they can run the ball very well but also pass when needed so the Chiefs D (which kind of like the Pats has been overhyped because of stats vs bad offences or offences they can play to) can’t just go all in on stopping the run.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Played 75% of the snaps... 1 target, 0 receptions.

You can quickly forget about the receivers if your QB only completes 6 passes :lol:
:lol: I didn’t remember seeing him in the first half so checked the stats and saw all 0’s - I just overlooked the lack of passing!

Charlie Foley

Can you believe that the 49ers have the most electric TE in the game and they just trashed a no. 2 seed by throwing just 1 pass to him?

The 49ers D is great, but the variety and depth and versatility of their offence doesn’t get the recognition it deserves.

I also fancy the 49ers. Only because they can run the ball very well but also pass when needed so the Chiefs D (which kind of like the Pats has been overhyped because of stats vs bad offences or offences they can play to) can’t just go all in on stopping the run.
Kittle is such a great blocker too.

Charlie Foley

Sanders is the man. Right up there with Bernie and the Colonel.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Good thing for the Niners is that they were up so much last night and what they did was working, Shanahan probably hasn't even shown 25% of his playbook right now. Their D is great and they can beat you in so many different ways.

On the other hand, Andy Reid rarely loses if he has two weeks to prepare for a game. Andy Reid doesn't win Super Bowls though. Something's gotta give in Miami.
Poor Andy. He gets back to another Super Bowl, only to run into the best young offensive coach in the league with a defense stocked with 1st round talent at his disposal.

My initial pick would be the 49ers, and I’ll be rooting for Shanahan, but Andy deserves one ring at least.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Reid will be the seventh head coach to appear in the SB with two teams. Of those seven, four lost in their only appearance before moving to a new team. Does Reid match Vermeil, or go the route of Fox, or perhaps Shula?

Shula - 68 Colts (L), 71 Dolphins (L), 72 Dolphins (W)
Vermeil - 80 Eagles (L), 99 Rams (W)
Fox - 03 Panthers (L), 13 Broncos (L)
Reid - 04 Eagles (L), 19 Chiefs (tbd)

Parcells won twice with the Giants and lost once with the Patriots.
Holmgren won once then lost once with Green Bay, and lost once with Seattle.
Reeves lost three times with Denver and once with Atlanta.