NFL Thread 2019

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Totally different era. So let's give Eli a longevity and passing era award!
The only argument against Eli is his crappy rating. Everything else (rings, stats etc) looks pretty good. Of course it won't help his case that he bowed out with a whimper.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
One of 5 players with 2 SBs....makes a powerful HoF argument!
Each of which except for Plunkett, I believe are already in the HoF, which bodes well for Eli eventually getting in as well. Certainly won't be anywhere near a first balloter like his brother though.

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think he meant 5 with exactly two Super Bowl wins - those being Starr, Griese, Staubach, Elway, Plunkett (along with Peyton, Ben, and Eli who aren't yet eligible).
Ah, got you.

Surprisingly low given a few teams won three or more (in an era). You'd think more players would have caught the start or end of such an era and ended up with two.

(Edit. He's in good company?)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Ha, we apparently won Best Thread of 2019 :cool: One of the few places on here with sensible sports talk going on.

Let's keep up the good work in the offseason guys.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ha, we apparently won Best Thread of 2019 :cool: One of the few places on here with sensible sports talk going on.

Let's keep up the good work in the offseason guys.
Nice!!

I agree that this is one of the best threads (apparently the best) where you get actual debate & discussion without resorting to stupidity or insults. Unless the discussion is about GOAT Brady :p

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Kubiak is expected to be named Viking's new OC and Adam Zimmer is rumoured to be the most likely DC.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah I was reading we are going to try and get the NFL to agree to let us wear the all white ‘94 throwbacks, but they made an exception for week 17 and are unlikely to allow it
Any variation of the Niners' uniforms bar the all black are classic.

I've always said Man Utd have missed the trick not taking advantage of the giant gold bow tie emblem they're emblazoned with with an all white kit featuring gold and red highlights.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Defo a great thread. Like that on the whole it’s good and fair chat and not the usual slag off oppo fans (unless it’s us Pats fans :( )

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Finding some nice views on Twitter:

I am just leaving this here for the people who are concerned about 49ers passing game:
Jimmy Garoppolo 329/476 69% 3978 yd 8.4 ypa 27 td
Patrick Mahomes 319/484 65% 4031 yd 8.3 ypa 26 td

KC went down double-digits twice, at home, came back against the 29th & 24th pass defense; SF is 1st pass defense. Not going to score as easily against us
Really excited for Sunday night!

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Not first ballot but Eli will probably get in eventually. Kurt Warner got in
I think Eli makes it as well, but there’s a big difference between Warner and Eli. Warner was a 2-time regular season MVP (Eli none) and has the same number of Pro Bowls (4) and was a 2-time 1st team All-Pro (Eli none) in roughly half the number of starts. Plus was the QB for the greatest show on turf, one of the most explosive offenses in NFL history.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think Eli makes it as well, but there’s a big difference between Warner and Eli. Warner was a 2-time regular season MVP (Eli none) and has the same number of Pro Bowls (4) and was a 2-time 1st team All-Pro (Eli none) in roughly half the number of starts. Plus was the QB for the greatest show on turf, one of the most explosive offenses in NFL history.
Agree with you and @Eboue, but there were questions around Warner's overall resume. Yet he made it in eventually... I think the same will happen for Eli.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A lawyer for the Archdiocese of New Orleans calls the effort to publicize the emails as the “proverbial witch hunt with respect to decades-old abuse.”
Old sexual abuse doesn’t matter guys.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Old sexual abuse doesn’t matter guys.
Lawyers? ... :rolleyes:

And if the Saints (allegedly) helped the church to hide some form of (alleged) abuse, that's ok because they tried to do it in secret (allegedly).

"Through their attorneys, the Saints dispute that the team helped the church in concealing criminal activity, and that the emails were intended to be private and shouldn’t be “fodder for the public"."

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Defo a great thread. Like that on the whole it’s good and fair chat and not the usual slag off oppo fans (unless it’s us Pats fans :( )
Yall are alright. However the Pats fanbase here in Florida is like a bunch Glastons where you can talk about any topic outside of sport and they’ll find a way to invoke the Patriots.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The Vince Lombardi trophy is in JD sports in the Arndale today. My mate just sent me pictures. Rushing down to see it now.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Nice and shiny. Will look great in the hands of Mahomes.

TheReligion

Abusive
I want to purchase an NFL jersey for lounge wear and using for the gym. Would one be suitable for training in and can anyone give me good suggestions of what and where to pick one up?

muller

I want to purchase an NFL jersey for lounge wear and using for the gym. Would one be suitable for training in and can anyone give me good suggestions of what and where to pick one up?
Depends on the quality and type. Gameday ones are often pretty rigid - fine for lounging (once broken in), but wouldn't recommend for the gym! However, the cheaper ones - that dont have stitched on numbers and are thinner are ok - again, not one i'd wear to the gym - but everyone's different!

NFL Europe has never let me down before, fanatics too has been good in the past.