NFL Thread 2019

JoaquinJoaquin

So obvious the NFL and the officials fixed it for Kansas City to win.

There is no way not one referee saw the most blatant offside call of all time and threw no flag, that was a joke of a call.

As well as the OPI on Kittle but then no call on the blatant DPI on Sanders, it spoils what was a great game because it makes it feel like it was absolutely fixed.

Flags kept going out against 49ers all the time and were letting KC back into it
So it had nothing to do with the horrendous play calling in the second half?

MarylandMUFan

He is 10 times the player elway was
Holy cow. As a former Broncos season ticket holder during the Elway years, this may be the most ridiculous statement I have seen in a long time. Up until the mid-90's his best receiver was Vance Johnson and his best tight end was Clarence Kay. The late 80's was spent with Dan Reeves calling 2 runs totaling 3 yards then Elway having to create something on 3rd down. Over and over and over again. I could not imagine how much he would have won if he had the 49ers team and coaching staff to play with.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Elway is the 2nd most overrated QB of all-time

redshaw

Were some areas in the upper tiers closed off or just unsold tickets? Was surprised to see empty seats for s Super Bowl but considering the prices maybe not.

Was quite a good atmosphere though.

lsd

The Oracle
I guess I'm used to watching hype jobs flop on the big stage I felt Mahomes would be the same as Cam,Goff and Lamar .

He looked nervous at times and the 49rs defence were magnificent and had him under so much pressure .

However he took it and came back at them and won the game for the Chiefs . He deserves all the hype he gets and is the real deal

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Were some areas in the upper tiers closed off or just unsold tickets? Was surprised to see empty seats for s Super Bowl but considering the prices maybe not.

Didn’t see the areas you were referring to, but there’s never empty seats/unsold tickets at a Super Bowl. Many attending are actually corporate sponsors (not actual fans) which usually make for subdued atmospheres.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I guess I'm used to watching hype jobs flop on the big stage I felt Mahomes would be the same as Cam,Goff and Lamar .

He looked nervous at times and the 49rs defence were magnificent and had him under so much pressure .

However he took it and came back at them and won the game for the Chiefs . He deserves all the hype he gets and is the real deal
Mahomes is like a cross between Russell Wilson and an elite Aaron Rodgers. He’s got the ability to make something happen when a play breaks down a la Russ and blessed with the arm of a Rodgers or Marino. Amazing player.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Mahomes is like a cross between Russell Wilson and an elite Aaron Rodgers. He’s got the ability to make something happen when a play breaks down a la Russ and blessed with the arm of a Rodgers or Marino. Amazing player.
Early days, but Mahomes comfortably has enough talent to be the best ever. He’s shown he can pretty much do anything that all of the greats in the past have done and I can’t think of anyone in the past who checks every one of the things that tend to make QBs great. Mahomes literally has it all and each attribute at such a high level.

The only thing now missing is rings (multiple) and longevity. If he for example has a career as long as Brady’s, he IMO would comfortably sit atop the all time QB rankings, if he can remotely remain at as high a level as he’s shown. He could even drop a level and still be up there.

I’ve said it before, his potential is astronomical to the extent he could rewrite the script on what is considered a “great” year or career. Think about what pace he was on this year before his injury.

That’s why I was rooting for the chiefs because this guy is generational and seeing someone like that succeed is just a good story.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I don’t want to start a Rodgers vs Mahomes debate but @Rado_N if you recall we discussed earlier this season if Mahomes has more talent then Rodgers. I think that question is firmly answered.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I don’t want to start a Rodgers vs Mahomes debate but @Rado_N if you recall we discussed earlier this season if Mahomes has more talent then Rodgers. I think that question is firmly answered.
i think this question was already answered within the first season of play we saw from Mahomes.

altodevil

I might be the biggest Rodgers homer on this forum, but I have to agree. A bit more experience, and he'll be the best to ever play.

As it stands I would still pick '04 Peyton or '11 Rodgers as the apex of quarterback ability.

MarylandMUFan

Those "seats" in the upper endzone were press tables so you can't really see the people. Every other row of seats is covered up to create press tables and that's where the press sit so it actually looks like empty seats but there are folks there. Similar to what they did for the super bowl in New Orleans:
https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/...10.350460187.1580744993-2122486522.1580744993

Sylar

And he's only turned 24. Insane

Chiefs need to build a team to help him. Packers failed and wasted Rodgers prime years without keeping a strong D. And as good as Mahomes is he needs more than one target deep to continue adding rings

baskinginthesun

If anything this game proved that Pats were better off letting Jimmy G go.
You can question a lot of things about the tacticts, the refs, but you also have to admit that Garropolo was quite poor in that last quarter.
The entire 9ers team was awful in that 4th quarter. I think Mostert was the only one that made a couple of first downs.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He is 10 times the player elway was
He's really not.

He might END UP being the better of the two (though even with two excellent seasons behind him, that's no guarantee) but so far, Elways' ability and legacy are miles better.

Maybe not a perfect comparison, but Elway was similar to Bryan Robson for us..... a great player that at times carried 'ok' teams to much greater achievements than would have otherwise been possible.

edcunited1878

The hype and buzz around Mahomes is nothing short of over the top, but that's what the NFL PR machine (i.e. ESPN) wants everyone to buy into. Fact is, Mahomes had a poor game by his standards. MVP should have been his teammate, Damien Williams...hands down.

altodevil

The ten times is clearly a tongue-in-cheek exaggeration. He's way above and beyond Elway in quarterback ability however.

Elway was never the best QB in the league. He had talent, yes, but he was nowhere near as good as his legacy suggests.

Still better than Brady but it's marginal.

altodevil

http://pfref.com/tiny/gAi40

The guy is overrated. He had talent, he had a nice career, but he's not close to the ability of mahomes.

It's like saying Kevin McHale is better than Anthony Davis.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The hype and buzz around Mahomes is nothing short of over the top, but that's what the NFL PR machine (i.e. ESPN) wants everyone to buy into. Fact is, Mahomes had a poor game by his standards. MVP should have been his teammate, Damien Williams...hands down.
No way. Mahomes was the right choice.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"