NFL Thread 2019

Hephaestus

Forget actual height, the real buzz of the combine is Kyler’s hand size. Whether or not it’s under 9” is a big deal apparently.
Makes sense considering hand size impacts ball security and the two best undersized QBs in the NFL both have huge hands despite their height (Wilson and Brees) and Mayfield's hand size was just over 9"

Reckon this cements his place in the top ten now, he's only half an inch shorter than Wilson and has bigger hand size than Mayfield.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Witten back with the Cowboys next season.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They’re saying only a 3rd for Rosen, who the Cards just traded up to take him at #10, if this buzz around Kyler is real. Pats might be interested?

Gruden is reportedly smitten with Kyler. Safe to say he’s not lasting past #4 I think.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
What will they do with Carr and his heavy contract in that case? Good luck trading that away...

Some absolutele athletic freaks in the draft this year, it seems. The 40-yard dashes of some D-linemen have been nothing short of impressive (Sweat, Gary, even Williams for a 300-pounder). DK Metcalf ran a 4.33 dash but did a slower 3-cone drill than fecking Brady :lol:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
From all I‘m reading, the Cards are actively shopping Rosen and everyone in the league seems to be sure, that they are going to pick Murray. The Niners won’t believe their luck.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Giants not tagging Collins.

Ravens not tagging Mosley and releasing Weddle.

What am I missing here?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Giants not tagging Collins.

Ravens not tagging Mosley and releasing Weddle.

What am I missing here?
I guess Collins is not good enough in coverage to justify the pricetag. Wasn’t that impressive the last two years.
But I have no idea about Mosley. He’s incredibly consistent and reliable.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What will they do with Carr and his heavy contract in that case? Good luck trading that away...

Some absolutele athletic freaks in the draft this year, it seems. The 40-yard dashes of some D-linemen have been nothing short of impressive (Sweat, Gary, even Williams for a 300-pounder). DK Metcalf ran a 4.33 dash but did a slower 3-cone drill than fecking Brady :lol:
There are some very scary human beings in this draft. I don't remember anything like it.

One is literally scary who, even though he's on video hitting a woman and just blew out his knee, could still go in the 1st round because he's just that much of an athlete for his size.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
"Well, he better hope Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good," Casserly said. "This was the worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback, and I've been doing this a long time. I've probably been doing it longer than you're alive.

"Anyway, leadership -- not good. Study habits -- not good. The board work -- below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas and raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do. Now, people say, we're going to compare him to [Patrick] Mahomes, we're going to run an offense like Mahomes, we're going to run an offense like Baker Mayfield. Well, you can't. ... Those guys are much different. Those guys, you never question about their ability on the board, you never question about their leadership ability, their work habits, they were outstanding in those areas. This guy is not outstanding in those areas. It showed up in the interview."
NFL Network analyst Casserly on Kyler Murray.

Hephaestus

That said, Cardinals were apparently impressed during their interview...

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Keenum has been traded to Washington.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
AB himself reacted on the news on Instagram that it’s “fake news”. Would be weird given how reliable Rapoport usually is, but even weirder if he really goes to fecking Buffalo of all places after all his talk about wanting to win.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If he ends up at Buffalo :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If he ends up at Buffalo :lol:
He has deleted his comment now. Fecking hell if it will be Buffalo :lol: He'll soon know how blessed he was with Big Ben if he gets a season with Josh Allen.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This is Elway's last stand imo. If he fecks it up with Flacco he may be out.
Will depend on whether he drafts a good long term prospect but yes, the QB position needs fixing properly and now or he's toast, the fans are beyond restless.

Phil

AB himself reacted on the news on Instagram that it’s “fake news”. Would be weird given how reliable Rapoport usually is, but even weirder if he really goes to fecking Buffalo of all places after all his talk about wanting to win.
Isn't it the case that they have no choice or knowledge of the trades anyway? I remember reading that's how it works a few times, particularly with Graham to Seahawks.

Even so that's a big feck you from the Steelers and I'm laughing.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I think he’ll retire if they actually trade him to Buffalo.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Turns out Brown can’t really stop it unless he refuses to show up. And would then consequently get docked financially.

But if Steelers trade him, he is officially under contract with the Bills.

And per Rap, that’s one of the key issues in the pending deal - what happens if Brown doesn’t show up in Buffalo.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Also apparently Bell seems to be hinting that he’s joining the Chiefs on Instagram?

Totally forgot about him in all of this Brown shenanigans.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Turns out Brown can’t really stop it unless he refuses to show up. And would then consequently get docked financially.

But if Steelers trade him, he is officially under contract with the Bills.

And per Rap, that’s one of the key issues in the pending deal - what happens if Brown doesn’t show up in Buffalo.
Must suck trying to trade for a player you're unsure of whether he'll even show up because your organization sucks as well.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Hopefully this doesn’t mean we’re definitely going to lose Flowers, but it’s looking unlikely he’ll stay :(

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Weddle has signed a 2-year deal with the Rams. Getting more and more stacked on D.