NFL Thread 2019

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
New season, new thread.

Important dates:

February 19 — First day for clubs to designate franchise or transition players.

February 26-March 4 — NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis, Indiana. Top draft prospects work out for scouts and coaches, and interview with teams’ top decision makers in another important part of the pre-draft process.

March 5, 1 p.m. PT — Deadline for clubs to designate franchise or transition players.

March 11-13 — Teams are permitted to contact and enter into contract negotiations with agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents when the new league year begins on March 13.

March 13, 1 p.m. PT — New league year begins. This marks the deadline for submitting qualifying offers to restricted free agents with expiring contracts. It is also the start of free agency when 2018 contracts expire and free agents can officially sign with new teams. Teams must also be under the 2019 salary cap by this time.

March 24-27 — Annual League Meetings, Phoenix, Arizona.

April 15 — Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workouts programs (teams that changed head coaches in the offseason can start on April 1).

April 19 — Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.

April 25-27 — 2019 NFL Draft, Nashville, Tennessee. Currently the Seahawks hold four picks in the 2019 draft having earlier traded three picks to acquire players, sending their second-round pick to Houston as part of the trade for Duane Brown, their sixth-rounder to Green Bay for Brett Hundley and their seventh to Oakland for Shalom Luani.

May 3-6 or May 10-13 — Teams can hold post-draft rookie minicamps on one of these weekends.

July 15, 1 p.m. PT — Deadline for a team that designated a franchise player to sign that player to a multi-year contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract prior to the 2019 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club’s last regular season game.

Late July — Training camp begins.

August 31, 1 p.m. PT — Teams must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players.

September 1 — Teams may establish a 10-player practice squad.

September 5, 8-9 — Regular season Week 1.

Phil

I support it.

Flacco sucks, Brown is a bitch etc

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Kaepernick settled for an undisclosed amount.

“It’s not about the money, it’s for a good cause”

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Who fecking cares you bunch of fannies? Last season is done, so no need for the other thread.

freeurmind

weak willed
Kaepernick settled for an undisclosed amount.

“It’s not about the money, it’s for a good cause”
Did Kaep really say it wasn't about the money? Cus I can't see any other reason he would sue.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-noy-rams-didnt-try-one-wrinkle-in-super-bowl

Basically what I was afraid of before the game started. Such a strange gameplan for the Rams.
Pederson created the appropriate blueprint of how to beat the Pats - you go at them and never relent by playing it safe. McVay did just the opposite and it cost him the game. He tried to basically play the field position game against Belichick with the expectation the Pats would eventually make a mistake, which is a pretty good recipe to lose the game.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
What is the recent sudden (over)use of the word 'wrinkle?'

It appeared in the New Year and now every talking head and flog is using it.

Kazi

The problem is with the coaches being too proud to change what’s worked for them all season

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Did Kaep really say it wasn't about the money? Cus I can't see any other reason he would sue.
Kap sued because he felt he was being locked out of the NFL through collusion.

He clearly had a point given they have settled for what has been estimated to be in the $60-80m range.

He was suing because he felt what they were doing was wrong - that was his primary motivation.

With regard to money, he pledged to donate $1m to various charities that were linked to his Know Your Rights campaign and delivered on his promise - even when he was being locked out of the league.

So money is not his prime motivator.

freeurmind

weak willed
Obviously winning the Super Bowl wasn't enough of a happy ending for Kraft.

mu4c_20le

DM has photos of everyone arrested ... why would he go to such a low end place :houllier::lol:

Andrew~

DM has photos of everyone arrested ... why would he go to such a low end place :houllier::lol:
Why was Hugh Grant running around with random street hookers when he was married to Liz Hurley? Rich people are just weird.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
In other random craziness, the rumors of the Cards taking Kyler #1 continue to abound.

All started originally from Kliff bigging up an opposing QB when he was still at Tech...

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Just played a season of Madden 17 with the Jets, who were the worst rated team, on All-Madden difficulty. This was the first season with them.

Finished the reg. season with 12 wins.

I've broken the TD record with the 72 rated Gino fecking Smith. 55 TD's and a passer rating of 129.4

My 1st receiver is the 80 rated rookie Enunwa, and he broke the reception record with two games to spare.

My 2nd receiver is a 78 rated FA, Riley Cooper. He got over 1,000 yards rec.

I also have 17 of the first round draft picks for this draft (and 6 of next year's first rounders too), through traded in the pre-season and signing FA's. Including (currently): 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16. The rest I can't see, and I have 25 (the max allowed) picks for this draft in total.

Now I have two questions - am I the GOAT? And which exec. should I send this info to in order to get a gig?

My receivers. Both Tye and Cooper were FA's.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Just played a season of Madden 17 with the Jets, who were the worst rated team, on All-Madden difficulty. This was the first season with them.

Finished the reg. season with 12 wins.

I've broken the TD record with the 72 rated Gino fecking Smith. 55 TD's and a passer rating of 129.4

My 1st receiver is the 80 rated rookie Enunwa, and he broke the reception record with two games to spare.

My 2nd receiver is a 78 rated FA, Riley Cooper. He got over 1,000 yards rec.

I also have 17 of the first round draft picks for this draft (and 6 of next year's first rounders too), through traded in the pre-season and signing FA's. Including (currently): 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16. The rest I can't see, and I have 25 (the max allowed) picks for this draft in total.

Now I have two questions - am I the GOAT? And which exec. should I send this info to in order to get a gig?
Try using proper sliders from operation sports.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Forget actual height, the real buzz of the combine is Kyler’s hand size. Whether or not it’s under 9” is a big deal apparently.