NFL Thread 2019

TheReligion

Abusive
Depends on the quality and type. Gameday ones are often pretty rigid - fine for lounging (once broken in), but wouldn't recommend for the gym! However, the cheaper ones - that dont have stitched on numbers and are thinner are ok - again, not one i'd wear to the gym - but everyone's different!

NFL Europe has never let me down before, fanatics too has been good in the past.
Thanks for the reply! I was looking at the Nike ones which are around £60-75 (if that's any help?).

Also can you recommend any cool ones and players to get? I only dip in and out of the NFL if I'm honest so my knowledge is limited. Just like the style and figured it would be good to lounge and train in!

muller

Thanks for the reply! I was looking at the Nike ones which are around £60-75 (if that's any help?).

Also can you recommend any cool ones and players to get? I only dip in and out of the NFL if I'm honest so my knowledge is limited. Just like the style and figured it would be good to lounge and train in!
Choose a team that you like the style of if that's the case, and go for that.

New and exciting players - and most popular - Jackson with the Ravens, Mahomes with the Chiefs - but yeah. World's your oyster - just see what style you like. If I was just getting into it, and wanting to follow in more detail, interesting teams...

49ers. Lot of history. Shiny QB, lots of media coverage. in SB. Beautiful kits.
Chiefs or Ravens - exciting football, young qbs, success coming their way.
Patriots - coming to the end of a 20 year long coach and qb partnership - lots of uncertainty, exciting to watch the rebuild. Similar to united in that everyone hates us because we've been succesful.
Raiders - Just moved to vegas. Lots of politics and a crazy HC. In vegas. Did i mention vegas? Good for a trip..

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

New and exciting players - and most popular - Jackson with the Ravens, Mahomes with the Chiefs - but yeah. World's your oyster - just see what style you like. If I was just getting into it, and wanting to follow in more detail, interesting teams...

Patriots - coming to the end of a 20 year long coach and qb partnership - lots of uncertainty, exciting to watch the rebuild. Similar to united in that everyone hates us because we've been succesful.
Raiders - Just moved to vegas. Lots of politics and a crazy HC. In vegas. Did i mention vegas? Good for a trip..
The main reason certainly :)

TheReligion

Abusive

Thanks for taking the time with all of the. Much appreciated!

Sandyman

@muller @Utdfrom2002

Rivalries aside who has the most sexy jersey? Can you agree on that one..
Well did you check the NFL store? If you don't care about the team, check the site. There are 32 teams with various colour combinations, maybe even some retro/classic ones.

Personally I love the green of Eagles and the Green-yellow combo of Packers. Chiefs, Falcons have a red scheme if that's your colour.

Sandyman

It won’t be like that for much longer. Also Pats are equally as hated for their fans. It’s more than being obnoxious about winning, but think of a whole fan base consisting of GlastonSpurs.
Belichick is not going anywhere.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Patriots fans in the UK are mostly (not all so don’t go crazy you lot) just bandwagonners who support them because they have been stupidly successful. The whole fan base is also perfectly described above as a bunch of Glastons.

The Patriots are also known cheats.

49ers, Dolphins and Raiders are all popular over here for various historic reasons.

Become a Browns fan. No glory hunting there.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Anyone but the Patriots and you will be welcomed

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Patriots fans in the UK are mostly (not all so don’t go crazy you lot) just bandwagonners who support them because they have been stupidly successful. The whole fan base is also perfectly described above as a bunch of Glastons.

49ers, Dolphins and Raiders are all popular over here for various historic reasons.

Nah he should be a Chargers fan. They could use another one.

mav_9me

Or Jets fan

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Don't know whether to laugh or cringe at this story.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Great to see how Cousins watches tape and studies the movement / throwing motions of the great QBs, and even better to see how Brees is explaining it all to him - the QB who put him out of the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 years. I love the companionship in the NFL - all in the same boat after all, but ultimate competitors on the field when it counts.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Great to see how Cousins watches tape and studies the movement / throwing motions of the great QBs, and even better to see how Brees is explaining it all to him - the QB who put him out of the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 years. I love the companionship in the NFL - all in the same boat after all, but ultimate competitors on the field when it counts.
I’ve always liked that about the NFL, I mean can you imagine an equivalent of Von Miller’s pass rush summit taking place in the Premier League? Working with opponents to help each other get better. It’s great.

How do the players know the plays given they're all from various teams (who have different codes for each type of play?)?

Do they just learn a simplified playbook in the days leading up to the Pro Bowl?
I wondered the exact same thing myself as I was watching it.

As well as thinking how the hell did Lamar Jackson not know about the 4th & 15 attempt in place of the offside kick?!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I wondered the exact same thing myself as I was watching it.

As well as thinking how the hell did Lamar Jackson not know about the 4th & 15 attempt in place of the offside kick?!
I think they learn a simplified playbook, yeah, but not sure.

Also, might be crazy to say about a QB in the NFL who needs to memorize so much and process things so quickly, but Lamar doesn't seem very... bright, for lack of a better word, whenever I hear him on the sideline :lol: Phenomenal athlete though.