NFL Thread

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
When will the Giants be good again :(

roseguy64

Anybody listen to NFL or NCAA related podcasts? I listen to The Herd, Rich Eisen but any Pats fans here should listen to Patriots Unfiltered (previously PFW in Progress).

Anyway the reason I bring it up - does anybody know of any good Draft related podcasts?
Started listening to Patriots Unfiltered about halfway through the season. Via reddit I think.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The Chiefs GM has contacted Mahomes' agent to inform him he's not allowed to play any basketball anymore. It was a stupid pick-up game a week after the season ended, fecking hell. I'd tell them to go to hell if I was Mahomes and there wasn't any such clause in my contract.

The Cards have signed Alford to a 3-year contract. A good deal if you ask me, they've needed a decent CB next to Peterson for quite a while. If they nail the draft and bring in a creative mind to use DJ in the right way, I could see them becoming quasi-relevant again next year.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The Chiefs GM has contacted Mahomes' agent to inform him he's not allowed to play any basketball anymore. It was a stupid pick-up game a week after the season ended, fecking hell. I'd tell them to go to hell if I was Mahomes and there wasn't any such clause in my contract.

The Cards have signed Alford to a 3-year contract. A good deal if you ask me, they've needed a decent CB next to Peterson for quite a while. If they nail the draft and bring in a creative mind to use DJ in the right way, I could see them becoming quasi-relevant again next year.
How can he be signed before free agency? Can players be picked up if they are cut from now until then?

Assuming that's the deal.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
How can he be signed before free agency? Can players be picked up if they are cut from now until then?

Assuming that's the deal.
He was released by the Falcons earlier this week, so yeah, can be picked up in that case.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Any news on Gurley? Was he really fit?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What websites or tools do people use for draft research/analysis?

Don't know an awful lot about this year's pool of players outside of Kyler Murray and a few Michigan boys.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Looks like Kyler Murray is all in now.

Should be fun, assuming you’ve ever wondered how the love child of Doug Flutie and Michael Vick would play.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You think so? I'm not that big into this combine and draft process and I for sure don't know who is the better of these guys. What do you think?
Just that every mock I've seen has Haskins the top QB prospect and I think Murray's size will be the caution taking him as the first QB overall. I'm no draft expert by any means but just my hunch. I have massive doubts about Murray's transition as a starting QB - unless fitting into a spread system that will allow him to consistently get open downfield looks to counter his massive lack of height (he's also a twig by NFL QB standards). I don't see him anywhere near the 5'10 to 5'11 some/OU claim. Height ain't the be all, end all but if this dude is a legit 5'7 to 5'9 and in that 185 to 195 range I have doubts if he'll survive a consistent beating from large defenders.

Not sold on Haskins either. Weakest QB class I can recall in recent memory. That Jones kid might end up the steal of the draft, and saw one mock that had him sneaking into the late first round to New England. Although, with the questionables of the other two perhaps Jones is taken much higher than expected, be it a panic move or a reasonable selection.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Brown has requested a trade from Steelers... him & Bell both leaving would be huge.

Kazi

Brown has requested a trade from Steelers... him & Bell both leaving would be huge.
Huge for the Steelers, yes. Won’t have a WR & RB on ridiculous money, can spend elsewhere and finally have a proper Super Bowl push. Oh, and the less drama bit will help too.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Huge for the Steelers, yes. Won’t have a WR & RB on ridiculous money, can spend elsewhere and finally have a proper Super Bowl push. Oh, and the less drama bit will help too.
They take a massive cap hit on Brown regardless.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Can Pittsburgh refuse to trade him? With that cap hit it seems like the best option is to refuse his request.

Plus as @HTG points out - at Brown's age and with his big contract there's no way that the Steelers could get value in a trade.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn’t want him anywhere near the Texans, as good as he is he’s a fecking drama queen and wants out at the first moment possible when they have another valid #1 option in JuJu. Pathetic.

Bell, on the other hand... yes please :drool: