NFL Thread

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
@Rado_N exciting young QB and a revolutionary offensive mastermind as HC, you're set for the next decade :cool:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Keenum experiment didn't last too long did it. Can't imagine Flacco at 34, will last much longer. They would be better off drafting a QB.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol:

I thought of you as soon as I saw the news. I'm sure I saw an article on ESPN saying this move puts the Broncos into "win now" mode. And what the hell would they be winning?
I read an article the other day that was titled something like "3 QB options the Broncos should run away from". Guess who featured.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
To be fair to Flacco, there wasn’t much talent on the Ravens offense. Not one skill position player who is actually impressive. So he had very little to work with lately.
But yeah, trading for a player without any mobility at all, is not an inspiring move. At least they’ll be able to get rid of him without dead money.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I can only assume Elway doesn't like being GM and is trying to get fired.
I don't know if Elway is fire-able at the moment. The Broncos are going through a major internal war between Pat Bowlen's kids and the three trustees who took over after he was diagnosed with Alzheimers a few years back.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Brutal :lol:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ceived-move-by-john-elway-to-chase-glory-days

There are three kinds of bad ideas in this world: typical bad ideas, truly terrible ideas and John Elway's quarterback ideas.

The Flacco-Broncos trade unites a fading, mediocre quarterback with a fading, mediocre roster. It isn't just a dreary alliance with no feasible path to success, but an expensive one.

The Flacco trade comes only one year after Elway signed Keenum, a longtime third-stringer who had a career year for the Vikings (who, tellingly, made little effort to retain him), to a two-year, $36 million contract. It comes three years after Elway spent a first-round pick on Paxton Lynch, a big guy with a strong arm who was as tough under pressure as a soap bubble.

There were other regrettable quarterback ideas along the way: thirsty try-hard Trevor Siemian, living statue Brock Osweiler, All-Nepotism Team MVP Chad Kelly. Elway has also fired coaches, coordinators and even position-level assistants, and he had a sudden falling out with longtime majordomo Gary Kubiak in January. Elway's coaching ideas are almost as bad as his quarterback ideas, but that's a topic for another time.
Lolzy!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't know if Elway is fire-able at the moment. The Broncos are going through a major internal war between Pat Bowlen's kids and the three trustees who took over after he was diagnosed with Alzheimers a few years back.
He can't keep getting away with fecking up the most important position in the team. The fans are turning on him in droves and unless this is in conjunction with drafting the next Mahomes (which I don't think exists in this draft class) then Ellis is going to be under immense pressure to get rid of him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Still can't get over this trade,has anyone written a piece to explain why Elway thinks it's a smart idea

DavelinaJolie

A 4th for Flacco seems fair, but the Broncos don't have enough around him to make it viable I guess.

Glad the Ravens got something for him and are clearing 10 mill in cap space.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I wonder why they didn't go for Foles . I don't think Foles is great but still think that he is a better option than Flacco and could give you multiple years if it worked

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The funny thing, now that I think about it, is the Ravens found success this past season losing Flacco and going to an athletic QB who was prolific in college but had question marks regarding transitioning to the pros.

So Elway sees this and, instead of learning from it and drafting Kyler, does the complete fecking opposite. Genius.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Among 36 QBs with a minimum 1,000 pass attempts since 2013, Flacco ranks 35th in passing yards per attempt (6.5), 35th in touchdown percentage (3.5), 34th in TD-INT ratio (110-80) and 34th in passer rating (82.3), per NFL Research.

Elway: "he's our man".

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
After news of the trade broke, the Broncos odds for winning the Super Bowl next year went from 100/1 to 125/1.

bucky

It's just ridiculous. What planet is Elway living on?
On the plus side, shouldn't it be the last mistake he makes? I mean, if this doesn't work out that should surely be it for him, shouldn't it?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
On the plus side, shouldn't it be the last mistake he makes? I mean, if this doesn't work out that should surely be it for him, shouldn't it?
I reckon so, I said this to Raoul earlier:

He can't keep getting away with fecking up the most important position in the team. The fans are turning on him in droves and unless this is in conjunction with drafting the next Mahomes (which I don't think exists in this draft class) then Ellis is going to be under immense pressure to get rid of him.