NFL Thread

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Cowboys elected not to bring Linehan back further undermining Garrett (not that I'm complaining) after his comments but also again showing everyone the head coach has zero control/power there.
:lol:

Didn't Garrett say that Linehan would be back earlier this week? Jerry needs to stop the charade, step down from his box and get on the sideline for matches.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Picks: Rams & Chiefs though it's difficult for me to bet against Brady.
Rams 30-24 Saints
Chiefs 38-31 Patriots

Curious to see how the Rams run the ball with the Saints missing Rankins, their massive run stuffer, and if Anderson can make another impact to assist Goff & Gorley. Saints have a banged up OL as well which could be a problem with the Rams DL prowess, and I can envision Donald & Suh wrecking havoc. I would anticipate the Rams secondary playing better than the regular season game with Talib active in today's game thus allowing Peters to play the other receiver coverage. Rams are fully healthy today with Gorley apparently fully fit. If the Saints defense can control the Rams running game and force Goff to make plays downfield, and the OL can hold off the pass rush, it's conceivable Brees comes through in the clutch and sends the Saints to Atlanta.

Chiefs will have defensive backs available that did not play in that early season game at Foxborough, according to reports I've heard this past week. Berry will play but will he be limited with that heel injury is a concern. Fully anticipate Mahomes to show he's not human and make a few ridiculous plays, perhaps a passing of the AFC torch occurs tonight. Patriots are fully healthy today. Both defenses are terrible so I expect a shootout just like the regular season game. I can see Gronk having a big game in what could he be his final NFL game, and if Brady performs like last weekend it could be another SB appearance for the GOAT.

Nugget: In 2009, the Saints lost to Carolina, Dallas, and Tampa Bay while earning the top NFC seed at 13-3. In 2018, the Saints lost to... yes, those same three teams while earning the top NFC seed at 13-3.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought the AFC game was the early one :(

Hopefully our offense is balanced between run/pass & Michel is able to make another contribution. I’m expecting a high scoring game with KC making the most of home-field advantage to get the win.

Saints to win against LA.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That was a perfect pass by brees, dropped...

Think this one will be close. Saints by less than a TD

Chiefs will blow out the patriots

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Drop in the endzone might bite them in the back :mad:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They can’t handle Mike Thomas. No one can these days.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
:lol:

Didn't Garrett say that Linehan would be back earlier this week? Jerry needs to stop the charade, step down from his box and get on the sideline for matches.
Yes, whether he meant it or not. Rumors are Moore will get the OC gig (:lol:) and Kitna the QB coach role. Another case of if you ever played for Dallas and want to coach, you may get a call from Jerrah.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Everything to play for in the second half, Rams get the football as well.

Rams done well to get out of that half just three behind. Presuming Brees doesn’t get them in FG range