NFL Thread

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah obviously, just not a fan of the “next score winner” format.
You want a time limit instead? I can't really argue but my main gripe with OT rules is that a team can win without the other team having possession, so at least that didn't happen.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You want a time limit instead? I can't really argue but my main gripe with OT rules is that a team can win without the other team having possession, so at least that didn't happen.
I think they should have a extra quarter and whoever is leading at the end wins, like extra time in football. If no leader play another.

Isn’t it like that in Basketball?

Phil

Yeah seeing that no call again, it's the worst I've ever seen given the circumstances. Feel for the Saints, Rams got lucky with the refs, again.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think they should have a extra quarter and whoever is leading at the end wins, like extra time in football. If no leader play another.

I've no idea mate I don't follow it, but yea that would be the best option I agree.

Carolina Red

Staff

You’d get a lot of push back against that due to the nature of collision sports vs. contact sports.

Playing an entire extra half of football vs basketball is a whole other thing entirely for the body.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Refs cost me 400 euros

I'm fine why do you ask? :mad::mad::mad:

On an unrelated note, someone knows a good sorcerer who knows how to lay out some serious curses? Asking for a friend

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You have got to be taking the piss
Why would I be doing that because I don't find a field goal impressive?

its very hard. have you tried it?
I've tried kicking a football yes. Did it in my teens. It's not the hardest ball-related thing I've done. Also just because a thing is hard doesn't mean I should be impressed by it. When you've done it for years it shouldn't be very hard anymore.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
If it's rigged they'd much rather have Brees vs Brady for the hoopla and history.
Narrative suits Brees vs Brady but the Los Angeles market has a bigger pull than a narrative. Notice how the Rams are immediately good after moving to LA. I guarantee the same will happen with Raiders when they move to Vegas.

Deleted member 101472

Kicks are just so unimpressive. Kick straight for X meters. Wow.
I remember thinking this, always been able to ping a cross field pass fairly accurately so assumed I could kick from field goal range no problem when I went to mess around with a few mates. It’s incredibly hard.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

I've tried kicking a football yes. Did it in my teens. It's not the hardest ball-related thing I've done. Also just because a thing is hard doesn't mean I should be impressed by it. When you've done it for years it shouldn't be very hard anymore.
Which was the hardest?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

but its actually very hard. even in 2018 the best in the world at 63% from 50+ yards. and zeurlein just hit two of them in clutch spots

HTG

Supports
Bayern
ive been to arrowhead. it sucks because its surrounded only by parking and the baseball stadium in any direction. forget drinking at a bar and then walking to the game or whatever. its in the middle of nowhere
Were you still in Kansas anymore?

ArseHat

Am I right in saying you wouldn’t be impressed by a penalty kicked directly in the top corner (in a shootout or stoppage time) to win or go to the World Cup or Champions League finals? Not having a go, just curious.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Really pleased for Talib, Anderson and Wade to be at the Super Bowl, I'll definitely be hoping for a Rams win whoever wins the AFC Championship.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Absolutely horrendous no call on that hit on Lewis. Unreal.
I have no idea how that is a no call. How many officials do they have? At least 2 whose job it is to monitor that exact situation. Plus, my understanding is that as a team they can all discuss together to come up with the right call.

Usually I give NFL officials huge credit, between the technology and teams they get so many things right. But that will go down as one of the worst mistakes in the history of the modern game. And at that moment? Good lord.

As the guys discussing on Sportscenter said: that team of officials will NOT be going to the Super Bowl.

Carolina Red

Staff
I have no idea how that is a no call. How many officials do they have? At least 2 whose job it is to monitor that exact situation. Plus, my understanding is that as a team they can all discuss together to come up with the right call.

Usually I give NFL officials huge credit, between the technology and teams they get so many things right. But that will go down as one of the worst mistakes in the history of the modern game. And at that moment? Good lord.

As the guys discussing on Sportscenter said: that team of officials will NOT be going to the Super Bowl.
They don’t need to officiate again if that’s the level they’re gonna perform at in a conference championship game.

High school officials wouldn’t mess that call up. And that’s saying ALOT.