Foot: Right
Current club: Chelsea FC

Contract expires: 30.06.2023
Date of last contract extension: Nov 23, 2018
Outfitter: adidas​

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Mirror is reporting it, its from BBC gossip section.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can't see i happening... but if it's over his wages, I'd say sack useless board members to fund his pay. I know who I'd rather have

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The Mirror clutching at straws. He looks really out of place going forward in the Chelsea side tbh. I'd happily have him if it were true though.

slored1

Would be a fantastic signing. He is still a fantastic midfielder and a giant upgrade on Fred/Matic/McTominay.

gajender

As a DM? Yes please.

They can have Lingard, Pereria, Rojo, Jones and Mata + £10m
He is not a DM though and I don't think we need him we are quite unbalanced in the midfield currently he would only add to that.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So has he actually declined or do Chelsea still have this weird idea of not using him as a DM?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I was just thinking last week when watching Chelsea that he doesn't seem to be the player he once was. Defensively didn't look great, where he used to be a brick wall.

Chelsea have probably spotted that he's losing his abilities and are looking for the first sucker...up steps Woodward.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The role Matic plays for us he isn't suited to play that .
Next to Pogba in a double pivot? Didn’t they win a World Cup together? Bin that silly passing out from the back to the DM, it doesn’t work for us anyway. Matic isn’t much more press resistant than Kante anyway.

Jibbs

No matter how great he is... we don't need him here. We need a younger version of him next year, and that is Ndidi.

gajender

That was undoubtedly his best position. Recycling possession is what he does best
He has hardly ever played as a DM through out his career he needs to be paired with one to get the best out of him .

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Not the same player as the one that won back to back PL titles. On the decline and almost 30 now. He isn’t getting back to his title winning form, the only way is down from here and the club don’t want to be getting tied down to another player on 200k a week that they can’t get off the books. These types of signings are not the way forward, have the fans not learned anything since SAF retired?

gajender

Next to Pogba in a double pivot? Didn’t they win a World Cup together? Bin that silly passing out from the back to the DM, it doesn’t work for us anyway. Matic isn’t much more press resistant than Kante anyway.
They had a pretty specific Setup in the World cup with Matuidi tucking in and honestly the way France played is ok in the Knock out competition and with their individual talent it worked but I won't like us to play like that at all .

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Am I the only person who wouldn’t want him. I think even in his prime he was a little overrated and he’s miles off that level now. Not progressive enough on the ball which is clearly what Utd are lacking in the middle more than anything. Thiago was the one and we missed him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Am I the only person who wouldn’t want him. I think even in his prime he was a little overrated and he’s miles off that level now. Not progressive enough on the ball which is clearly what Utd are lacking in the middle more than anything. Thiago was the one and we missed him.
Add me to the don’t want list.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
We get kante and we improve a lot instantly... we also probably get stuck with a long expensive contract for a player whose mobility is key to his game

Personally I'd prefer zakaria but to be honest if we are looking at sancho and telles id be more than happy to wait a year and see if zakaria or cammavinga were available

Kante would for sure improve us though

That said I also see reports of jorghino to psg as well so rather than a genuine link its probably more Chelsea touting them both about to balance the books as they can probably afford to loose either of them

gajender

Well we can pair him with two and let him do exactly what he did at Leicester
Leicester was an outlier and I don't think tactics they adopted would actually succeed at a Club where you need to take initiative against most teams in the league, and Unless we had someone like Thiago who could sit deep and still be creative it would put lot of pressure on Bruno to be lone creative spark for the team because as good as Our front three are they mostly like to be the one to finish rather than create.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
A lot of you are thinking of Kante from two seasons ago. He's never been a defensive midfielder, more of a box to box type, now a days he's a crock who looks spent and I hardly think he's an upgrade over Fred.

MiracleInMadrid

Too late in the window to be realistic, I think.

But he would transform our midfield completely. If we ever want Pogba to succeed, we need someone with the kind of defensive alertness and workrate Kante possess. Even if he only get back to 80-90% of his former level, he would be a great addition if the price isn't high enough.

AJ Bullet

Would love to have his little smiley face here but seems a bit late in the day for this to happen now. Chelsea would be mad to let him go as well plus its not like they need the cash.

Irrational.

Would love to have his little smiley face here but seems a bit late in the day for this to happen now. Chelsea would be mad to let him go as well plus its not like they need the cash.
I suppose so. Why we didn't beat Chelsea to his signature baffles me. They got an absolute bargain without any competition.

dinostar77

Chelsea look like they will be willing to sacrifice him as they need to get money in for a move for Delan Rice in order to stay wihin FFP.

His wages are far too high at 300k. Hes 29 and his game is based on athleticism which will start to decline. Italy would be best for him. I dont see Utd being in for him. Probably his agent trying to drum up interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.