N'Golo Kanté

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

Have we even been in for him? Would be a shame to see him move unopposed to Chelsea as Rice seems like a natural successor to Matic and would give us great balance in midfield.
He and His family are big chelsea fans , if we are to believe the media

Highfather_24

Have we even been in for him? Would be a shame to see him move unopposed to Chelsea as Rice seems like a natural successor to Matic and would give us great balance in midfield.
Is he worth the quoted 70-80M though? I'm not convinced of his quality on the ball when pressed.

Ollie Derbyshire

Is he worth the quoted 70-80M though? I'm not convinced of his quality on the ball when pressed.
If he came to us for that price, he would be slaughtered on here after a couple of games. He’s pretty average in my opinion, there must be others we can get for a lot less who would do the same job.

Edit: Declan Rice would be slaughtered, Kante I’d still take no doubts for a reasonable fee

Last edited:

Superden

If fred was world class hed be kante. No brainer for me. If hes available.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
No, he'll be 30 this year and he is a player that has relied on having an engine through his peak years.

Too many miles on the clock, we won't be getting anywhere near the player he was when he was at Leicester and his first 2 years at Chelsea.

Ollie Derbyshire

No, he'll be 30 this year and he is a player that has relied on having an engine through his peak years.

Too many miles on the clock, we won't be getting anywhere near the player he was when he was at Leicester and his first 2 years at Chelsea.
Still be better than any of Matic, McT or Fred I think

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
We're doing well in games where we have less possession and we're just fine playing counterattacking football. Our biggest problem is when we have more of the ball and I don't see how Kante helps us in this aspect but to deteriorate the situation with his "terrible decision-making on the ball".
I think we're very poor at creating counter attacking opportunities. Good when we have them, sure, but we're not good at winning the ball in the right positions consistently to launch those attacks. There's very few teams you can't counter attack against, and not all top teams need to be strong possession sides in my view.

Clermontois

Supports
France
We sold Hazard but apart from him, which of our "best players" have we sold? Genuinely curious.
Rudiger is your best defender over the past two or three years, Kurt is not far behind while the Christensen is one of the worst but the first it seems are being sold first.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is he still as good as he was in the back to back title wins with Leicester and Chelsea ? Seems his star has faded a lot ever since Sarri came, and also seems to had multiple injuries during this period ?
No.

hes supposed to be this immense defensive midfielder but Chelsea still ship plenty of goals every game.

he was always overrated personally, read the game well and his acceleration and stamina helped him always be in the right place but he’s far too limited on the ball.

He’s getting injuries now and coming towards the back end of his career on a huge wage at Chelsea, I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to move on him ASAP.

prateik

He was incredible for Leicester in their league winning year.. ran non stop.. kept winning the ball and did it cleanly as well.. was mental how good he was at it..

Nowhere near the same player. Doesnt have a lot more to his game either.. Apparently he is on pretty high wages. Wont be easy to shift. Watch Chelsea get £50m for him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Is he still as good as he was in the back to back title wins with Leicester and Chelsea ? Seems his star has faded a lot ever since Sarri came, and also seems to had multiple injuries during this period ?
Not even close – and unlikely to regain that kind of form, considering the type of a player that he is/was. He still would've been an interesting option, considering his proven partnership with Pogba, if not for the money (both fee + his salary).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No he's been nowhere near that level since that title winning season. He would be a horrible signing

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is 29 and his game is built around hard work. I pass

Status
Not open for further replies.