N'Golo Kante (appreciation thread)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was the best player on the pitch by an absolute mile. What an absolutely fantastic player he is, Chelsea could lose their entire team to injury and I'd still feel they're able to compete purely because of Kante.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The most obvious answer is usually the right one.

Is it possible that Kante was fully fit, had the worst game of his career, got subbed off early for the first time ever and then a newspaper decided to do a cover up story? I guess so.

Seems more likely he wasnt 100% and the manager gambled, like has happened many many times.
Thing is, I just prefer calling a spade a spade. Kante was bad in the final, for whatever reason. And if he had the shits, then that's on Deschamps too for playing him anyway.

Nevertheless, Kante was bad in the final. Le Parisien can write whatever they want too.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Thing is, I just prefer calling a spade a spade. Kante was bad in the final, for whatever reason. And if he had the shits, then that's on Deschamps too for playing him anyway.

Nevertheless, Kante was bad in the final. Le Parisien can write whatever they want too.
Of course he was bad in the final. If you don't care why then that's fine of course. Same for Ronaldo in 1998 or Diego Costa in 2014 I guess.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
We should have offered to double the wages Chelsea offered when they signed him. There are so few players like him.

gajender

He has improved on the ball after moving to Chelsea as well I believe Sarri played important role in that regard.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He was outstanding last night. We couldn't get the ball off him and he kept taking it off ours. Ran the show for them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He could have simply said he wasn't match fit without referring to having the shits. Or Deschamps could have come out and say that he was at fault for playing an unfit Kante.

It's not hard. Am I supposed to take Le Parisien at their word?
Are you serious ? That was a WC final, in all likelihood the only he'll play in his career. He wouldn't be the first nor the last player to attempt playing in a game of this magnitude without being 100% fit.

hocane

He played as a box to box player yesterday.
Interesting to see that Lampard chooses not to play him as a purely dmf.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The player to get the best out of Pogba

hehehe

Shinjch

A top player. One of the few players who can single-handedly transform a team.

justboy68

I was more pissed off that we didn't sign him than I can remember for any other missed signing in recent years. In fact I'm still pissed off about it now. Played a massive role in winning back to back titles in different teams. One of which being fecking Leicester!

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
He played as a box to box player yesterday.
Interesting to see that Lampard chooses not to play him as a purely dmf.
He always has been. For both title wins in england he was never the sitting mid. The only time he has was for france. Though they won the world cup so...

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Decent player bordering on great defensive midfielder.

Very overrated for me though, wasn't he voted like 8th best player in the world in the Ballon d'Or or something? He's not that good.

On saying that he would be perfect for us right now but, as mentioned, will never happen.

flappyjay

release clause in England?
Yeah every now and then clubs insert them but they always seem to suit the buying club more. I remember demba ba moving from Newcastle with a release clause of just 7m and at the time he could have easily been sold for 20m. Back when 20m was a lot.

koop

Makelele, Essien, even Obi Mikel to an extent and now Kante. Fair to say Chelsea have done well in that department over the years

Irrational.

Unbelievable player. Chelsea don't deserve him. Why we didn't do everything in our power to buy him baffles me to this day. He must be a manager's, as well as a teammate's dream.

3KDré

Unbelievable player. Chelsea don't deserve him. Why we didn't do everything in our power to buy him baffles me to this day. He must be a manager's, as well as a teammate's dream.
I am sure we probably tried, but I think the London factor played a big part and I think it still does.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a great little player but I wonder what he'd be like when his energy runs out. Park was a better player than him technically and once his stamina went he fell off the cliff.

I suppose eventually he can adapt to become a purely defensive player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe the best cm in the league. World class
I'd love to see a midfield three of him, Bernardo, and Pogba. Two absolute energiser bunnies and one goalscoring enigma.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's a great little player but I wonder what he'd be like when his energy runs out. Park was a better player than him technically and once his stamina went he fell off the cliff.

I suppose eventually he can adapt to become a purely defensive player.
The main quality of Kanté isn't his energy, it's his vision and anticipation during transitions. Energy and speed are only added perks, I assume that later in his career he will mainly play like Makélélé which is the role that he has with France.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
The main quality of Kanté isn't his energy, it's his vision and anticipation during transitions. Energy and speed are only added perks, I assume that later in his career he will mainly play like Makélélé which is the role that he has with France.
How highly do you rate him ? I know hes loved over in france. That was evident from the wc celebrations.