N'Golo Kante | Chelsea Player

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Ah yes, Pogba comes back and takes Fred's place, says something about the ability of Pogba rather than Fred, but of course if you think Fred is a better option than Pogba carry on...

I love it when people use the 'crap' opposition argument! Means they are well and truly out of proper reasoning behind their points. Those 'crap' opposition happen to be in a European competition but of course they aren't Lille so they're not 'elite'!!

I didn't ignore the stats where Kante was better than Fred, I even said he had more interceptions, but that was the only one, so not too much to focus on really!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Is that the sound of straws being clutched right now? :lol:
Comparing Lille with a club champions of their respective league, so a champions League qualifier in Astana, who have only been a club for ten years or so...wow.
How about AZ Alkmaar v Lille, that's a better comparison or does that not suit your agenda?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Is that the sound of straws being clutched right now? :lol:
Comparing Lille with a club champions of their respective league, so a champions League qualifier in Astana, who have only been a club for ten years or so...wow.
How about AZ Alkmaar v Lille, that's a better comparison or does that not suit your agenda?
Well that only seemed fair because both were the 4th ranked teams in the group. If you want to compare AZ to the comparable 2nd ranked team in the group, that'd be Ajax.

You seem to have a strange problem with comparing to apples to apples. It's very odd.

Robbie Boy

He had gastroenteritis; bit harsh this. He was absolutely brilliant vs. Belgium in the semi.
Brilliant? I can't profess to vividly remembering the game so I checked out 3 sites that gave performance ratings from the match. On all three he scored a 7 which was the average score for most of the French team. Also, Pogba scored higher than him on all three as did a-few others. Seems you may be over stating his performance. Overall, I don't think he was anything special in the World Cup.

I think he had two fantastic seasons since moving to England and the rest have been good.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He wasn’t good at the World Cup. He got hooked off in the final he was so bad.
Yeah, that's just completely wrong. He was instrumental for France in every single game bar the final where he had a stomach bug and wasn't himself. He was even voted the 3rd best player here.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Brilliant? I can't profess to vividly remembering the game so I checked out 3 sites that gave performance ratings from the match. On all three be scored a 7 which was the average score for most of the French team. Also, Pogba scored higher than him on all three as did a-few others. Seems you may be over stating his performance. Overall, I don't think he was anything special in the World Cup.

I think he had two fantastic seasons since moving to England and the rest have been good.
I watched this match extremely closely with my mate who's French and had put a hopeful bet in on Belgium to win the whole thing. Pogba was great on the day but I thought Kante was the most important player - he was instrumental in keeping Hazard quiet and simultaneously allowed France to generally be comfortable in midfield despite being 2v3.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yeah, that's just completely wrong. He was instrumental for France in every single game bar the final where he had a stomach bug and wasn't himself. He was even voted the 3rd best player here.
Why do people keep saying this.

Speaking a week on from France's 4-2 win against Croatia in the Russian capital, Deschamps told reporters: "I do not know what happened with N'Golo in the final. It was horrible for him.

"N'Golo is a real ray of sunshine, a true joy. When he came off, I asked him if he was OK. His quiet reply was: 'No, no, do not worry - I am fine, coach.' Everybody loves N'Golo - he is a little phenomenon."
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...champs-kante-had-a-horrible-final_331231.html

Champ

Well that only seemed fair because both were the 4th ranked teams in the group. If you want to compare AZ to the comparable 2nd ranked team in the group, that'd be Ajax.

You seem to have a strange problem with comparing to apples to apples. It's very odd.
Funny, you're now comparing teams to their positions in groups which have no relation to each other! Very strange to be complaining about comparing apples to apples and not heeding your own advice?!?

Honestly, just quit flogging a dead horse, it's obvious that my statement earlier regarding Fred and Kante was correct, but if you feel otherwise than that's fine, please don't try and create evidence out of nothing to try back up your wild claims, it's getting tiresome, desperate, slightly worrying and the games nearly on...

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's s fantastic world class player in one particular system of playing. Playing as a ball winner as part of 4 2 3 1, lowish block and quick transition, counter attack.

He won loads of big titles in this system. Good club player at best in any other system.

So it's not surprising he doesn't look special playing recently. Sarri and Lampard play nothing like a system he suits.

I was surprised how useful he was last season at times.

He's not a lone DM that is for sure, despite the BS in most football media about it.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Funny, you're now comparing teams to their positions in groups which have no relation to each other! Very strange to be complaining about comparing apples to apples and not heeding your own advice?!?

Honestly, just quit flogging a dead horse, it's obvious that my statement earlier regarding Fred and Kante was correct, but if you feel otherwise than that's fine, please don't try and create evidence out of nothing to try back up your wild claims, it's getting tiresome, desperate, slightly worrying and the games nearly on...
Shoot, you got me. It's obvious that Fred's two goals in the Europa league against 10 men Club Brugge proves he's had a better season.

Robbie Boy

I watched this match extremely closely with my mate who's French and had put a hopeful bet in on Belgium to win the whole thing. Pogba was great on the day but I thought Kante was the most important player - he was instrumental in keeping Hazard quiet and simultaneously allowed France to generally be comfortable in midfield despite being 2v3.
If you say so. I watched the game and barely remember it let alone Kante's performance.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't understand why people have such a hard time understanding that a player will lie to their coach about their health so they can get to play in a world cup final, is it really that inconceivable? Deschamps didn't know because Kante never told anybody on the team. What I can tell you is that I watched every single game, and he was always the top 3 most important player in every single one of them besides the final. Croatia wasn't the issue for Kante, it was quite simply health. The refusal for some to accept that is really hard to understand, and I've already had that back and forth so that's all I'm going to bother saying on the matter.

Champ

Shoot, you got me. It's obvious that Fred's two goals in the Europa league against 10 men Club Brugge proves he's had a better season.
Yeah, that and basically every other stat, performance and other tangible forms of evidence, which makes me feel very much vindicated, so carry on chirping. :p

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Xhaka is having a better season than Kante, never mind Fred
Yes and Tammy Abraham is having a better season than Rashford, as long as we're saying things that are patently ludicrous. Last I checked Kante didn't get stripped of the captaincy, antagonize the whole fanbase, and get dropped for being a dickhead.

Yeah, that and basically every other stat, performance and other tangible forms of evidence, which makes me feel very much vindicated, so carry on chirping. :p
Except for all the ones I listed that you ignored. Carry on.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't understand why people have such a hard time understanding that a player will lie to their coach about their health so they can get to play in a world cup final, is it really that inconceivable? Deschamps didn't know because Kante never told anybody on the team. What I can tell you is that I watched every single game, and he was always the top 3 most important player in every single one of them besides the final. Croatia wasn't the issue for Kante, it was quite simply health. The refusal for some to accept that is really hard to understand, and I've already had that back and forth so that's all I'm going to bother saying on the matter.
How do you even know that Kante never told anybody? He told you that?

Champ

Yes and Tammy Abraham is having a better season than Rashford, as long as we're saying things that are patently ludicrous. Last I checked Kante didn't get stripped of the captaincy, antagonize the whole fanbase, and get dropped for being a dickhead.

Except for all the ones I listed that you ignored. Carry on.
Deluded :lol: :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's a shadow of his former self and has been injury stricken this season, if Chelsea were willing to sell that in itself says to stay away
Chelsea bought Makelele from Real when he was 30. Who else was in for Bruno which Sporting was willing to sell?

Eddy_JukeZ

That bid Real made for him has to be nonsense.

Casemiro has had a fine season and he can't displace Casemiro from the team.

And I doubt Zidane wants Casemiro and Kante in midfield at the same time.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Pray to god he doesn't come back to Chelsea 100% fit right away for the last games. Say what you want for some people who surprisingly don't like him, he's the glue that holds them together. Would love him at United to cover for Pogba and Fernandes. Team would be imperious.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
Doesn't hold a candle to a complete midfield general like Arturo Vidal

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's missed a fair few games this season through injury. Anyone got the stats on amount of goals Chelsea have conceded with him in and out of the team.

Champ

I wonder if there's any substance to the rumours that Lampard doesn't see Kante as part of his future plans?
According to some sources he is definitely on the market...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I wonder if there's any substance to the rumours that Lampard doesn't see Kante as part of his future plans?
Will be interesting to see how they handle this, 29 year old who relies on physical attributes and earns around 300K per week.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Kante does not suit Lampard's system of play, so wouldn't be that surprising. Doesn't fill well in to a 3 man midfield who want to keep possession.

Can't think of many teams who could go for him, Inter maybe but not sure they have the money, he would suit Atletico system really well also I think, swap with Partey maybe.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I can believe it, he's almost 30 games down on what he played last season due to injuries, last season was obviously mismanaged by Sarri so wasn't great then and you could actually argue that it's now not since the 16/17 title winning season that Kante has been at his best. Hard to turn that around now. If Chelsea get a good offer why wouldn't they sell?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
People keep saying it because it was painfully obvious for everyone that was watching that he was physically struggling in the final. He was at the peak of his powers, had a great tournament, and all of a sudden looked off the pace. It was clear something was seriously affecting his energy levels, irrespective of his characteristically self-deprecating response to Deschamps upon coming off.

Champ

Kante does not suit Lampard's system of play, so wouldn't be that surprising. Doesn't fill well in to a 3 man midfield who want to keep possession.

Can't think of many teams who could go for him, Inter maybe but not sure they have the money, he would suit Atletico system really well also I think, swap with Partey maybe.
Yeah, can see him at Atletico,
Can't believe anyone would give him another chance in the premiership, he seems like a crocked horse now.