Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Boeser tops off all star weekend with MVP

And a star is truly born

Next up: Calder Trophy ;)

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Or Larkin gets back to an All Star game, or Andreas Anthanasiou makes it. Those two are fecking lightning.
Larkin isn’t the fastest and his “record” is fake...he was given a head start the year he won it for whatever reason

Deleted member 101472

Just read more about Brock Boeser, he's had quite the life and overcame a lot of personal/family issues. His accuracy is the best in the league at the moment.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Vegas are having one hell of a season. The most successful expansion team in sports history at this rate. The Lightning are actually looking like they will have a good shot at the Cup again this year. Got the mid season blip behind them and Hedman is back. Go Bolts !

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Trade deadline is just over 12 hours away

Few teams have already made moves, interested to see if any big dominoes fall

Deleted member 101472

Bruins gave up way too much for Rick Nash.

Strong rumors of Ottawa trading Karlsson which is pretty insane.
Ottawa doing a full rebuild and Karsson on form is the best defenceman in the league by a fair margin. If they trade him its because they are getting picks and players in return that should see them back in the playoffs in a few years

Jagga7

Ottawa doing a full rebuild and Karsson on form is the best defenceman in the league by a fair margin. If they trade him its because they are getting picks and players in return that should see them back in the playoffs in a few years
It's really poor management. They were in the ECF last year and now they're going in full rebuild mode, they won't ever draft another Erik Karlsson again.

Vegas apparently in the running for him, what an incredible first season it would be for them!

Tribec

Well, I got my tickets today for next season's Oilers opener against the Devils in Sweden... Just need to try and get the pre season game in Germany on Wednesday now and I'll be happy.

Connor McDavid is tearing up the points chart right now, after such a poor season by the team, and his slump post illness in November, it's amazing just how good he is.

Deleted member 101472

Well, I got my tickets today for next season's Oilers opener against the Devils in Sweden... Just need to try and get the pre season game in Germany on Wednesday now and I'll be happy.

Connor McDavid is tearing up the points chart right now, after such a poor season by the team, and his slump post illness in November, it's amazing just how good he is.
My god he is so good to watch

Tribec

My god he is so good to watch
I don't think I've enjoyed watching anyone as much as him since perhaps the days of Gretz and Mario were fighting it for the scoring title. Pure hockey magic, I've not seen him live yet, so hopefully come October I'll have a much better appreciation for him.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots

Greatest pure goal scorer in NHL history, and especially to be doing it in this day of age against these goalies. What a player who will most definitely go down as a legend.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Sedins last home game ever last night. Sat lower bowl behind the bench and had a perfect view of them scoring both their goals ....1 in the 2nd period and the other being the OT winner. Never ever ever ever has the arena ever been buzzing like it was yesterday. Standing O’s after standing O’s. Even video recorded the entire sequence from the OT puckdrop till they scored and celebration afterwards, just don’t know how I’d be able to post it here.

Wow, what legends to the city and province. The classiest people in hockey. One final game in Edmonton tomorrow but man that send off home was something else. Dank (#22) scoring his 22nd goal of the season 33 seconds into the 2nd period assisted by Edler (#23) and Henrik (#33). And then the OT goal scored by Dank again at the 2:33 mark again from Hank and Edler. Un fecking believable. Still can’t believe it.

Tribec

Dreadful news regarding Humboldt Bronco's, the whole hockey world is thinking of them. It's unthinkable that something like this would happen.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Dreadful news regarding Humboldt Bronco's, the whole hockey world is thinking of them. It's unthinkable that something like this would happen.
Yea, just dreadful. There’s been huge support from Canada, North America, and the entire hockey world. There’s a gofundme with over $4m raised; if you’re able to please do so. 24 year old female trainer who was in the bus passed today as well, just terrible.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
...as hard as it is with that event, on the side was a refreshing 1st day of playoff hockey to get your minds off of. Vegas 1st ever win at home too.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Doughty gets a 1 game suspension for no reason. Honestly an every game play you see time and time again, and was completely harmless...Vegas, fix ? :nervous:

Kadri with a reckless hit against Wingels. He’ll get suspended. If Doughty got 1 game, guessing 2 for Kadri. But that would also mean the NHL is consistent so can go either way really :lol:

Tribec

Doughty gets a 1 game suspension for no reason. Honestly an every game play you see time and time again, and was completely harmless...Vegas, fix ? :nervous:

Kadri with a reckless hit against Wingels. He’ll get suspended. If Doughty got 1 game, guessing 2 for Kadri. But that would also mean the NHL is consistent so can go either way really :lol:
Not sure what Kadri was thinking, if at all with that hit. Yeah take some retribution for sure, but do it when things are fairly even, don't hit a game on the ice. I'd be inclined to give him 3 games for that. It wasn't "dirty", but it was nasty.

Jagga7

Penguins defeat the Flyers in game 6 to take the series. Such a crazy entertaining game, I absolutely love play off hockey!

Tribec

In other hockey news, Team GB beat Slovenia 3-1 in Group 1A of the World Championships. Huge win for GB, after promotion last season they beat the top seed in the tourney, and a team who got through the group stages at the Olympics only a couple of months ago. Who knows a couple more wins and next year we could be playing the big boys in the World Championships..

Tribec

Oh my god, I don't believe it Team GB have won Group 1A, never in the history of hockey World Championships have any nation gone back to back gold medals up to the World Championships. We'll be smashed all over the place in the top flight, but it will be worth it after all we've not been in the top flight since 1994.

As for the game that sent us up, 15.8 seconds left and we sneak a goal to tie the game which gave us the point we needed to win the goal.

Back to the NHL, can the Oilers #makeitfive first overall picks with the lottery tonight?? We seem to be great at winning this rather than actual games.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Please Lord of Lottery give the habs the n°1 spot.

Deleted member 101472

The Winnipeg fans might just have a claim for the best atmosphere in sports.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
North American sports you mean. But sure. After game 3 i was ready to bet on the jets to win the cup simply because it felt like they could never lose at home with that crowd

4 amazing series so far anyways :drool::drool::drool:

Deleted member 101472

The NHL is hands down the best sport to watch as a neutral. The speed of the game takes some beating. Stanley Cup hockey is absolutely awesome.
It can get pretty tiresome on tv, but a fast paced game live is just as entertaining as a 4-3 game of football.

Deleted member 101472

Washington capitals finally break their unlucky streak. Tampa going to beat them in 4 though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You jinxed them. On the verge of back to back home defeats.
It seems so :lol:

Still think they'll win game 7, think they're better than the preds.

Caps finally slay their dragon. Will lose to tampa in 5

Vegas to win the cup :drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I hope Tampa finally wins one, and please not the VGK or Caps.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Caps destroyed tampa in game 1 :eek: total domination

I'm still taking the jets for the cup though, clear best team in the league

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Caps destroyed tampa in game 1 :eek: total domination

I'm still taking the jets for the cup though, clear best team in the league
Boston beat the Lightning more convincing in game one of last series, and Tampa bounced back with four wins on the trot.

The Jets might be playing well but they didn't even win their division so to declare them the clear best team in the league is a stretch.