NHL 2023/2024

MarylandMUFan

DC is just losing it's shit over the Caps. The arena was so loud for game 3, the loudest sporting event I have ever been to. Just amazing and a long time coming for this team and this city. I really hope they can get the 2 wins they need to bring the Cup to DC.

Deleted member 101472

Please let Vegas win tonight, going to be at game 5 and it’ll just be spectacular if it’s tied 2-2

Skåre Willoch

Wow, this is awesome. As fun as the whole fairytale with Vegas has been, Ovi deserves this. Oshie and Backström were both amazing last night. Get the 4 wins and lift the cup, lads!

Marty1968

Come on Vegas, at least win the next one. Land in Las Vegas at 7:30pm Thursday night so can catch game 6 (I know they would be playing away but the atmosphere would still be awesome in the sports bars) if they manage to take it that far.

MarylandMUFan

While the Caps version of a 3-1 series lead is never safe, I can't help but be giddy over this. Been going to games since 1985 and have been trough some really tough loses (surrounded by opposing fans in the arena). The city is collectively losing it's shit over this. They moved the Mystics (WNBA) game up to 4:00pm on Thursday so it wouldn't interfere with the watch party (people going to the arena to watch the game on the big screen while the team is on the road). The Mystics game is now sold out because people are hoping that the Caps will allow them to stay in the arena after the WNBA game.
The support has really been surreal: https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...4503d041eaf_video.html?utm_term=.3a11c5a9b539

Deleted member 101472

Yeah if Washington are going to win it, I hope it’s game 6 so their fans get the best experience possible.

ArseHat

Congrats to the Caps and happy for Ovi in particular. He definitely deserves to lift the cup. You can see how much it means to him (thought he was burst a blood vessel), probably the most elated dude on the planet at this moment.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Bravo Ovie, bravo !!!

What a run by the Caps and him + the Conn Smythe being the cherry on top :drool:

Zen

Ovi didn't disappoint either - best trophy celebration since Messier. What a man.

Not sure how they are picking the Conn Smythe recently...have Crosby x2 and Ovi truly deserved it over their Kuz and Malkin? Fair few important goals from Ovi though to be fair, but Kuz was brilliant too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ovi didn't disappoint either - best trophy celebration since Messier. What a man.

Not sure how they are picking the Conn Smythe recently...have Crosby x2 and Ovi truly deserved it over their Kuz and Malkin? Fair few important goals from Ovi though to be fair, but Kuz was brilliant too.
Think the Conn Smythe were fine. Kessel, Murray and Malkin and Guentzel and Kuznetsov and Holtby could have also won it and it would have been fine as well. Great team victories and there wasn't a case of any of those other guys clearly being better than their captains who were the heart and soul of the team and were a big reason for everybody else to perform as well as they did

Also, woman flashing the caps on their lap and Burakowski first noticing her and then making sure everybody else sees her too :lol:

Anyways, great win, well deserved. They really were the best team in the playoffs. Ovi's joy was a thing of beauty

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We seriously need a 24/7 reality show following Ovie for the next 3 months :lol:

Apparently the other caps have been unable to keep him from hoisting the damn cup all the fecking time :lol:

He was pictured doing it during the Nationals game :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I've heard fantastic stories of what the Cup endures during the summer tour with the winning side. There was an amazing story about the Stars celebration at a house party thrown by the band Pantera. Apparently there was plenty of debauchery with the cup and one incident of the cup supposedly tossed from a balcony into a pool - though it hit the side of the pool first and dented the cup.

MarylandMUFan

They are on one epic bender. The parade will be awesome on Tuesday but I have to miss it (I am a chaperone on my daughters last middle school field trip).
One great thing about winning this is getting to follow the cup all Summer as it goes from player to player.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Crazy 1st round for my Canucks

...Canadiens and Yotes both reached by taking off the board centres (drafted according to need). Zadina fell to 6th right before our pick arguably the best scoring forward/winger in the draft but nbd. We’ve needed a true future dman for quite some time and Quinn Hughes dropped to us. Surprised the Wings took Zadina considering they have more of a need for D than we do but I guess they couldn’t go wrong with him dropping that far. Zadina being the 2nd highest rated winger and Hughes being the 2nd highest rated dman.

Consensus for the most part was:

Dahlin 1
Svechnikov 2
Zadina 3
Hughes 4

Nux essentially traded into the top4 to get Hughes without having to give up any assets. What a steal, super stoked! True puck mover with excellent all around ability; finally won’t have a static PP anymore whenever he makes the team. Comparables being Letang and Werenski.

The draft is next year in Vancouver as well and coincidentally enough Quinn’s brother - Jack - is the consensus #1 overall pick. Wouldn’t that be something if we could land him as well and have a new generation of brothers lead the team after the Sedins retired :)

Tribec

Obviously pleased by the Oilers draft policy this year, quality over quantity. Interesting that we've stacked up our netminding department, with the trade to the Habs post draft. Bouchard is a steal at 10 and something we need depth wise, McCleod is another who fell down the rankings but we won't complain.

The only disappointment was that we failed to land Liam Kirk in the last round, with the Yotes grabbing him. I know I'm being a bit biased as he's English, but he's going to blossom further if drafted next week in the CHL import draft, and though I don't think he'll be anything other than a 3rd or 4th line winger, he's constantly gone beyond what is expected of him in his senior career over here. A good indicator for him will be next year's World Championships, up against seasoned NHLer's after a year in North America.

Jagga7

Confirmed at 7 year deal 11 AAV. Tavares, Matthews and Kadri probably the best centre core in the league now.

Tribec

The Leafs are going all in for this coming season, not sure on what cap space they'll have with Matthews and Mariner all needing new deals. Scoring was not the problem though last year it was D and the goalie, can't see that changing to be honest.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know that it's the NHL but

And Pacioretty has been traded to Vegas for Tatar, Suzuki and a 2019 2nd round.

JPRouve

Scout
It's probably best to send Kotkaniemi back to Finland in order to let him develop physically and hone even more his craft but the kid already looks like an NHLer.

Jagga7

It's probably best to send Kotkaniemi back to Finland in order to let him develop physically and hone even more his craft but the kid already looks like an NHLer.
Very likely he will be on the team. He's been impressive in pre season and Montreal don't exactly have a plethora of centres!

JPRouve

Scout
Very likely he will be on the team. He's been impressive in pre season and Montreal don't exactly have a plethora of centres!
He has been amazing and technically he is an NHLer but physically he needs to be stronger in order to reliably take a place in the top 3 line and his skill set is probably more suited for a top 2. I see him start the season with Montreal and then go back to Assat.
As for the lack of centres, it's not an issue. The canadiens would be in better shape next year with a top 5 draft pick, on top of Poehling, Kotkaniemi and Suzuki. At this point they have plenty of centers in the organization, they are just young.

Skåre Willoch

Heading over to watch Maple Leafs @ Bruins in december! Hopefully a great game. Both teams should be very good this season.

JPRouve

Scout
From an entertainment standpoint Montreal made an incredible turnover, from very dull to very exciting in a single off season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
From an entertainment standpoint Montreal made an incredible turnover, from very dull to very exciting in a single off season.
They've been extremely fun to watch.

They've become a much faster team. It's quite clear the impact Tatar, and especially Domi have had on the team. The chemistry between Gallagher and Tatar has been electric so far.