NHL 2023/2024

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Insane ending on Long Island. With 2sec to go of the game McDonagh sends both Varlamov and a defender up into the stands with a spinorama move to get an open goal, only to see his shot be saved on the line by Pulock. the cnut.

Tampa didn't deserve to get anything from the game but it would've been so sweet to see that go in.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The Habs toddler big three has been good in a playoff setting. I can't wait to see the additions of Farrell, Norlinder and Guhle, also Poehling is developing. It's crazy to think that they drafted two of the best USHL players of the last decade with the 14th overall and a 4th round pick.

JPRouve

Scout
My salty self is still triggered by these divisions talks.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Habs toddler big three has been good in a playoff setting. I can't wait to see the additions of Farrell, Norlinder and Guhle, also Poehling is developing. It's crazy to think that they drafted two of the best USHL players of the last decade with the 14th overall and a 4th round pick.
The Habs are potentially 60 minutes away from the Stanley Cup finals but apparently we're pretty far removed from future success, eh? @Cheimoon :D :D

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The Habs are potentially 60 minutes away from the Stanley Cup finals but apparently we're pretty far removed from future success, eh? @Cheimoon :D :D
I'm just happy I didn't jinx things, as @JPRouve would have been at my front door. Not that he could come in, we're still not allowed external visitors, And he'd have to quarantine first. But vengeance would have been swift-ish!

(Of course, this could still be the jinx that jinxes them all, but anyway!)

JPRouve

Scout
At this point it would be disappointing if the Habs didn't reach the final but there is so much promises due to the fact that some of the cornerstones of this team are very young and there is a bunch of prospect joining them. The situation is a bit weird because Montreal's depth chart is stacked, despite the fact that the likes of Price and Weber are close to the end, the next generation is already there.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
If they carry this all the way, I should make sure I'm in Quebec when it happens. Somewhere, anywhere!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
At this point it would be disappointing if the Habs didn't reach the final but there is so much promises due to the fact that some of the cornerstones of this team are very young and there is a bunch of prospect joining them. The situation is a bit weird because Montreal's depth chart is stacked, despite the fact that the likes of Price and Weber are close to the end, the next generation is already there.
I think we had a conversation about the prospect pool last year or the year before, maybe the season Kotkaniemi was taking his first steps in the league. When everyone was talking about tanking for Lafrenière before and during Pens playoff qualifier series, I was more interested in the character building experience Suzuki and Kotkaniemi were gaining, and it looks like the Habs are benefitting from that now. The team is set up really to capitalise on this run, whether we make the final and win it all or or drop the next two games and do neither.

If they carry this all the way, I should make sure I'm in Quebec when it happens. Somewhere, anywhere!
I spent nearly 2 years living in Montreal several years ago. It's a fantastic place to be during the playoffs, particularly if the Habs are in it. I haven't experienced anything like that kind of atmosphere in a city anywhere else. I can only imagine what it'd be like if the team actually achieved the unthinkable.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I spent nearly 2 years living in Montreal several years ago. It's a fantastic place to be during the playoffs, particularly if the Habs are in it. I haven't experienced anything like that kind of atmosphere in a city anywhere else. I can only imagine what it'd be like if the team actually achieved the unthinkable.
My partner is from the province, about an hour from Montréal, and we've lived in its suburbs for a year, so I've been there many times. I have never been there during play-off frenzy though - although one year at a visit some buses had 'Go Habs Go' on them, but that's rather low-key. :) The Habs have very successfully promoted themselves as 'Quebec's team' though, so their support is super strong all over the province, also where my partner's parents are; so I hope we'll at least be able to be there the moment they win the cup (if, etc.).

Where'd you live in Montréal btw? I was in Brossard - I could almost see their training arena in Dix30 alongside the 10 from my house.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
My partner is from the province, about an hour from Montréal, and we've lived in its suburbs for a year, so I've been there many times. I have never been there during play-off frenzy though - although one year at a visit some buses had 'Go Habs Go' on them, but that's rather low-key. :) The Habs have very successfully promoted themselves as 'Quebec's team' though, so their support is super strong all over the province, also where my partner's parents are; so I hope we'll at least be able to be there the moment they win the cup (if, etc.).

Where'd you live in Montréal btw? I was in Brossard - I could almost see their training arena in Dix30 alongside the 10 from my house.
I lived briefly in the village and then the rest of my time in Old Montreal. I was quite a young lad then. The period I spent in Montreal and the two years I spent living in Ireland (Dublin) are literally the fondest memories I have from the last 10 years. My coworker who spent a lot of time showing me around grew up in Brossard. Sounds like a cool place :)

I hadn't really paid much attention to hockey before moving to Quebec. Proper fell in love with the game.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Maybe my leafs aren’t as shit as I thought :wenger:

sidsutton

I signed my kids up to the Habs hockey summer camp there this summer. They can't wait.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I signed my kids up to the Habs hockey summer camp there this summer. They can't wait.
:)

Are you from around Sutton QC btw? We went hiking there last summer - gorgeous area.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Fun scenes in Montreal. They lifted the curfew and loosened the restrictions just in time eh! :)

Nice goal to finish it, too:

JPRouve

Scout
This a weird and probably upsetting new facts for the Leafs fans, the Canadiens have one more Clarence Campbell trophy than the Leafs. Also Clarence Campbell passed away in Montréal on June 24 1984.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Feck me, they actually did it. Montreal are in the finals.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Cole Caufield is just ridiculous.

Or should I say Goal Caufield

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Bergevin has changed a lot over the years btw!

Cole Caufield is just ridiculous.

Or should I say Goal Caufield

:lol:

I can't believe the speed of decision-making in hockey. Also for that last goal yesterday - the no-look assist at top speed, perfectly placed for Lehkonen. Soccer's got nothing on that - but got the benefit that I can actually follow the action instead. (I had no idea what Caufield was doing until I saw it slowed down in the replay.)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bergevin has changed a lot over the years btw!

:lol:

I can't believe the speed of decision-making in hockey. Also for that last goal yesterday - the no-look assist at top speed, perfectly placed for Lehkonen. Soccer's got nothing on that - but got the benefit that I can actually follow the action instead. (I had no idea what Caufield was doing until I saw it slowed down in the replay.)
Yeah 100%. It's impressive to watch how quickly they process information and execute incredibly difficult moves at such high speeds.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Pretty appropriate right now:

And no, I don't believe in jinxes. :cool:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If Montreal can pull something out of the bag tonight in Tampa, it would cap off a truly mental day of sports.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Especially now they're 4-1 down with 6 min left in the 3rd period...

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
More of that please Champa Bay

Zlaatan

Parody Account
McDavid deservedly wins the Hart trophy and Ted Lindsay award. The Hart was unanimous, 100/100 votes which perhaps isn't all that surprising given the season he's had but still pretty crazy. 2nd player in history to do it with Gretzky (of course) being the first.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
2-0 down within minutes under a ton of pressure. Not a good start for the Club de hockey Canadien! They've picked up since and could've had one or two themselves, but they'll have to put one of those chances away soon, cause Tampa isn't going to keep letting this happen.

...and of course Danault scores while I write this. 2-1!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Montreal starting the second period like the first and now they're 4-1 down. Well!