NHL 2023/2024

RedDevilQuebecois

Wicked shot by Connor McDavid to end the Battle of Alberta in overtime!

That was another crazy game where goalie apps have shown error messages (lol) and where controversy changed history in a number of ways. Calgary was denied a goal for what was deemed a kicking motion, but I have to say that it was hair-pulling to an extent depending on your POV.

Anyway, Edmonton will wait for the winner of the Colorado/St. Louis series. The hockey fan in me hopes that we will have Connor McDavid vs. Nathan MacKinnon in the Western Conference final.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Bit sad to see that series end as it's been really entertaining but happy to see McDavid and Draisaitl finally getting to experience some playoff success, they really deserve it after carrying that franchise on their backs for this long.

RedDevilQuebecois

Watching McDavid and Draisaitl in action during the Battle of Alberta was just delightful. They combined 29 points together in the series.

That cover for the video though. :lol:

Last edited:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I just invested my heart and soul into this last season with LFC so I don’t know if I should get my hopes up with my NY Rangers. They are the one team that will rip your soul year after year but here we go.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who are the neutrals in here rooting for? Avalanche seems to be least objectionable team to me.

No-one outside of NYC likes the Rangers, no-one wants the Lightening to win because who the feck wants to a have another dynasty, and feck the Oilers because, well just feck 'em innit.

RedDevilQuebecois

It may be a matter of Tampa being rusty, but the New York Rangers are showing to be quite one hell of a unit out there.

I've been growing in the last 2 years as a very big fan of Harnarayan Singh calling hockey in English for CBC/Sportsnet. He will definitely be the main man from coast to coast someday.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It may be a matter of Tampa being rusty, but the New York Rangers are showing to be quite one hell of a unit out there.

I've been growing in the last 2 years as a very big fan of Harnarayan Singh calling hockey in English for CBC/Sportsnet. He will definitely be the main man from coast to coast someday.
That was a veritable ass whooping from the first intermission on.

RedDevilQuebecois

Hockey Canada should be really ashamed of themselves for choosing the way of hush money. Our sports federations are in the shit at the moment with scandals about abusive coaches and now this.

I hope those feckers will have their names exposed in the open. If some people think that what Habs prospect Logan Mailloux did was bad, they better explain to me why there has been not much of a bigger outrage on this.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

We all know that Colorado have a very, very good team this year. But I have to say that I'm bitterly disappointed with the Oilers in this series.

Mike Smith has been an utter embarrassment when it mattered the most, especially after Edmonton tied the game 2-2 as he allowed that softie. That is the epitome of his entire career as a total enigma.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I've only seen parts of game 1 and 2 but feels like the Bolts really stepped it up a notch last night, such an important win.

Also feels like the 15th time of the post season where the Rangers get outshot 2 to 1 and the game could still go either way, completely insane how that continues to work for them.

RedDevilQuebecois

Wow! Would you believe it? Artturi Lehkonen has scored the overtime clincher to win a Conference Final for the second straight year.

Colorado are in the Stanley Cup Finals. Have to say that it is very a disappointing display by Edmonton when I expected this to go at least 6 games, but it is what it is with Mike "Walking Meme in Goal" Smith.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Wow! Would you believe it? Artturi Lehkonen has scored the overtime clincher to win a Conference Final for the second straight year.

Colorado are in the Stanley Cup Finals. Have to say that it is very a disappointing display by Edmonton when I expected this to go at least 6 games, but it is what it is with Mike "Walking Meme in Goal" Smith.

He is excellent in the playoff his style fits the more phyisical, tighter nature of elimination games.

RedDevilQuebecois

Only noticed it just now, but PK Subban did this the last Jackass movie.

Having seen him play when he was with the Habs, you DON'T want to be in the firing lane of one of his shots. Poor Ehren. :lol: