NHL 2023/2024

choccy77

Avs have been fantastic all year tbf. Just hope Tampa get it done game 3 to keep it interesting.

They did a job on NY, but this lot are class above
Tampa have been awful in these last two games, their turnovers are under 10 level bad.

Not sure how they will bounce back from 7-0, if they don't come out as a different team, it will be over really quickly.

RedDevilQuebecois

Man, this is a far lengthier review for an offside than any VAR check I have seen in football.

edit: It's finally called offside, but that linesman had premium seats to somehow make the original call as onside.

choccy77

Man, this is a far lengthier review for an offside than any VAR check I have seen in football.

edit: It's finally called offside, but that linesman had premium seats to somehow make the original call as onside.
Was offside though.

1st goal will be everything in this game.

I doubt Tampa could rebound from it.

choccy77

I can't work out what is up with Tampa, but it just seems like this 3 in a row sutuation has rattled them completely.

Even the Coach seems a bit out of it this series and the mistakes whilst less tonight, are still way apparent.

sport2793

I do think the last game was more due to TB being bad than the Avs being far and away better and so it's good to see TB putting up more of a fight today.

RedDevilQuebecois

I do think the last game was more due to TB being bad than the Avs being far and away better and so it's good to see TB putting up more of a fight today.
I have to say that's a rather pathetic display by Colorado tonight, especially coming from Kuemper when they have Francouz being a better goalie. I thought the series against St. Louis would have taught the Avs a thing or two.

sport2793

I have to say that's a rather pathetic display by Colorado tonight, especially coming from Kuemper when they have Francouz being a better goalie. I thought the series against St. Louis would have taught the Avs a thing or two.
Honestly, today was just a reversal of game 2 as the Avs just made some real silly mistakes. They were not as sharp with their forecheck aggression and ability to keep the puck in the offensive zone, which led to multiple odd man rushes. Kuemper was awful too and they should consider benching him.

choccy77

Was surprised by the result, the quality of the series so far has been down to mistakes rather than great plays.

If both sides eliminate all those stupid errors, the rest of the series could be good, but Tampa need to win the next one for sure to level series.

They could build a legacy if they go 3 in a row, so they have so much to fight for.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Fell asleep early in the third, now I wake up to Kucherov sustaining an injury on a cheap shot? Great.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We have a final on our hands.

As much as I’m rooting against the Lightening here, a sweep or a gentleman’s sweep would have been so boring.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

As much as I’m rooting against the Lightening here, a sweep or a gentleman’s sweep would have been so boring.
I’d never heard that before, gentleman’s sweep. Love learning new shit.

choccy77

Let's see... if Avs wake up and play as they have been, they could likely take the next 2 games.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I figured TB would get that home-ice bounce in Game 3 and likely get the win, but I had Colorado going back to Denver up 3-1. We shall see if Game 4 proves my inkling correct.

sport2793

Deserved win for Avs and great goaltending from both sides today. Ultimately TB just ran out of gas.

RedDevilQuebecois

Looks like that Colorado became increasingly more comfortable as the game went on, especially after the 2-2 goal from Cogliano. Despite the possibility of a lucky bounce for the team getting in the ropes, it was pretty much like one-way traffic for Colorado in OT. On Kadri's overtime goal though, it was the first time in 12 years that I was like "WTF? Did that go in?"

Deserved win for Avs and great goaltending from both sides today. Ultimately TB just ran out of gas.
I was not sold on Kuemper after last game and after Hedman's goal tonight, but he really bounced back indeed.

Last edited:

sport2793

Looks like that Colorado became increasingly more comfortable as the game went on, especially after the 2-2 goal from Cogliano. Despite the possibility of a lucky bounce for the team getting in the ropes, it was pretty much like one-way traffic for Colorado in OT. On Kadri's overtime goal though, it was the first time in 12 years that I was like "WTF? Did that go in?"

I was not sold on Kuemper after last game and after Hedman's goal tonight, but he really bounced back indeed.
Ya Kadri himself said he wasn't aware the puck had went in and assumed that Vasilevskiy made the save.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ultimately the avs are just better. This is done

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Need Tampa to take game 5 to make this a slightly interesting finals.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
So Detroit just sent fans into a minny frenzy, former great and absolute legend Sergei Federov (who has been successful GM and Head Coach for CSKA Moscow and recently linked to the Red Wings coaching vacancy) was just included in a video posted by Detroit of current and former players congratulating Moritz Seider on his Calder victory.

Given that there was a fair bit of acrimony between Sergei and the Illitch family who own the Red Wings this is a pretty big thing and has some fans thinking it is foreshadowing him coming back as a coach.

For some context, Federov once signed a deal with the Carolina Hurricanes for a ridiculous amount of money that Detroit had no option other than too match, he then also turned down a contract before departing in the early 00's, he eventually signed for Anaheim on less money. Despite being a hall of famer and one of the best all around centres ever, his number remains unretired. It seems to be accepted that this is a last feck you to him from former owner Mike Illitch.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Need Tampa to take game 5 to make this a slightly interesting finals.
Tampa are dead. They're getting crushed again in the altitude of Denver

Fatigue is what decided this series

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Tampa are dead. They're getting crushed again in the altitude of Denver

Fatigue is what decided this series
Us not having Point has turned our power play into somewhat impotence. He is the lynchpin.

I do agree that fatigue is deciding this series, much the same way as fatigue decided our series with the Rangers.

Best team is winning right now & deservedly so.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Yea it's all over now, Tampa won't win three in a row. Cooper is saying that the OT goal shouldn't have stood because the Avs had too many men on the ice, but nothing to do about that now.