NHL 2023/2024

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yea it's all over now, Tampa won't win three in a row. Cooper is saying that the OT goal shouldn't have stood because the Avs had too many men on the ice, but nothing to do about that now.
Weird that it’s not reviewable. That infraction seems to be the least subjective.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Weird that it’s not reviewable. That infraction seems to be the least subjective.
I'd love to know the reason why you're able to challenge some things but not others. I mean you're breaking the rules just as much when you make a hand pass as you do when you're too many men on the ice, but only the former is reviewable.

Is it because they simply don't want too many reviews/long stoppages?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'd love to know the reason why you're able to challenge some things but not others. I mean you're breaking the rules just as much when you make a hand pass as you do when you're too many men on the ice, but only the former is reviewable.

Is it because they simply don't want too many reviews/long stoppages?
Dunno. Makes sense though.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This seems like six men on the ice to me. Four sets of eyeballs didn’t see this…

:lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This seems like an overreaction to me, understand the disappointment for TB but I don’t think it was a major mistake really

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This seems like an overreaction to me, understand the disappointment for TB but I don’t think it was a major mistake really
Not an official catching it or the level of infraction was minor? It’s been called in these playoffs on plays like this.

That said, Avs were playing better than us in OT & were always to score. I don’t think we could have won save for a fluke goal.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bolts also changed during that sequence and at one point had 7 men on the ice

Honestly, i understand the Cooper's anger, but there's nothing to it imo. MacKinnon was out of the play

edcunited1878

Those are very nit picky penalties and when there's so much action in Avs offensive end, to deny them a game winning goal because Colorado marginally had 6 men on the ice...nah.

Cooper knows Tampa was very fortunate last night and he's trying to detract from the fact that Colorado were very much good for their win based on overall performance.

choccy77

Love how the refs clearly decided that they would favour Tampa in this game.

So technically in game 6, they will call everything down the middle

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Yessss!

Silver lining to an overall shitty day!
Yea I thought about that tragedy of a decision a few times when they showed the crowd, such a strange feeling seeing them go nuts for a sports team on a day like that.. But then again I guess the escapism is one of the things that makes sports so great.

choccy77

Did you see the footage inside Tampa arena on the ice?

Was pretty quality move re how they played the game on the ice using live motion technology.

choccy77

Sounds interesting. Got a link?
Here it is

@FOS: The Tampa Bay Lightning are using tracking tech and on-ice projection to simulate the Stanley Cup Final for their fans, while it’s being played in Denver

(via @CorkGaines)

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So many cool guys on the Lightning. Many of them used to come into a restaurant I managed in Tampa from 2014 to 2017, sat in regular areas (never in private dining), they were not recognized the vast majority of their times in the restaurant, & always tipped extremely well.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
So many cool guys on the Lightning. Many of them used to come into a restaurant I managed in Tampa from 2014 to 2017, sat in regular areas (never in private dining), they were not recognized the vast majority of their times in the restaurant, & always tipped extremely well.
Bit of a shot in the dark here but was it a Mexican place?

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Tampa aren’t really getting anywhere here. Could definitely have had a PP instead of that goal though. .

And that’s just pure frustration from 27..

No, funky restaurant, culinary elements from everywhere, James Beard nominated chef. It was awesome, best in the Tampa Bay Area for years.
Nice. I know Hedman really appreciates being able to go out and not be bothered too much by fans while still having a full house and a great atmosphere during pretty much every game.

Add the weather and it sounds like a pretty decent place to play imo.