NHL 2023/2024

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
End my weekend with a final nail in the playoff coffin.

Let's ruin my sporting season ha ha

Honestly though,loved my first season as a hockey fan tbf

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Stamkos missing an open goal from 2m is still the best thing Tampa's PP has done all night. Brutal.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What a perfect start for everyone’s favourite team.

That series is going to be a blood bath :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The Leafs - 1 win away from winning the series.

What could go wrong…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Looks like he tore something in his groin. No weight whatsoever on Brayden Point's right leg as he was going off.
We’ll find out what’s exactly wrong next week or later. It will be classified as the ubiquitous ’lower body injury’ for a while.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Props that BP actually gave it a go. Gutted for him. He’s potentially been our best player this series.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is there anything better than game sevens in hockey? I wasn’t breathing properly for the last ten minutes.

RedDevilQuebecois

Leafs are quite possibly the biggest choke artists in North American sports. Every year the hype then a collapse.
No wonder why people make open comparisons between them and the Dallas Cowboys.

That being said, I hope Edmonton and Calgary find their way through so we can finally watch a Battle of Alberta.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
No wonder why people make open comparisons between them and the Dallas Cowboys.

That being said, I hope Edmonton and Calgary find way through so we can finally watch a Battle of Alberta.
Perhaps some comparison can to be made on the hype and fanfare (Toronto is the Dallas of Canada in hockey?). But Dallas has won five NFL titles since 1971 and lost in the Super Bowl three other times. Leafs haven't drank from the Cup in 55 years and haven't sniffed the Finals since the same year, that's more Detroit Lions territory on the field. Dallas is half-way to that 55-year mark in contrast.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Name me a better duo than the Leafs and first round exists

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Get in Lightning! Really impressive to win that series after being down 3-2 and closing it out in an away game.

However I'm not that confident going forward, they don't have the same swagger that they had during their two cup runs, the intensity isn't there anymore and they look a bit tired to me. Now with Point gone on top of that (most likely anyway) I can't see how they're going to get through the Panthers, let alone go all the way and most likely beat an Avalanche team that just looks unstoppable.

Anyway, new games tonight. Let's go Rangers!

RedDevilQuebecois

Now that Edmonton finally got the first hurdle out of the way, I really hope that Calgary will prevail over Dallas tonight. People just want to see the Battle of Alberta in the next round, and I can promise you that such series WILL be extreme if you know that regular season matches are always feisty between both teams.

edit: I wasn't looking to discuss much about the Leafs doing Leafs things again (5 years in a row of losing a winner-takes-all game of the first round; no round won since 2004), but this is just too funny from their super fan Steve Dangle. :lol:

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

No matter the outcome at the end of this series, Shesterkin leaves me cold. He has not done enough timely saves in my book.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Absolutely fantastic move, pretty sure my neighbors heard me after that one.

What's your take on his PP goal? I'm was really surprised it wasn't called off.
He didn’t appear to be in the blue, but he definitely made contact with the goalie at the critical moment. I wouldn’t have been arsed if it had been given.

What I loved was the Panthers’ player who collected a pass with a trap flick off his skate right into his stick without breaking stride. That was fecking filthy.

RedDevilQuebecois

I know it's only one game, but the Oilers ain't getting past the Flames with that kind of atrocious goaltending from Mike Smith and then Mikko Koskinen. I swear I will never understand how some teams out there absolutely suck at finding a reliable number 1 goalie by any means.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

Between Chris Lee and fat feck Jon Moss, I don't know who is the worst of the worst referees out there. He denied a legit goal because he blew the whistle way too early when the goalie had zero control of the puck.