Nice sack Lamine Diaby-Fadiga after stealing Kasper Dolberg's watch

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Mostly, I'm just here to see the watch. What are we thinking? A Patek?
A Patek for £62k only gets you an ugly looking thin
I read and re-read that title about 5 times until I realized it was about the football club Nice...

Will be a decent pick-up for whatever club willing to take a punt on him, hopefully, he's learned a lesson.

Dolberg having a 70k watch being bang average is the biggest crime here.
No, the biggest crime is the theft of a luxury item?

Would you be angry if someone stole your car, or would you say fair play, I should be driving a £200 car.

The most shocking thing here is that he isn't being locked up.

SwedishFish

A Patek for £62k only gets you an ugly looking thin

No, the biggest crime is the theft of a luxury item?

Would you be angry if someone stole your car, or would you say fair play, I should be driving a £200 car.

The most shocking thing here is that he isn't being locked up.
Calm down, I wasn't being serious. If Dolberg doesn't want to press charges then why should he be? They resolved it and don't have to spend time on a court case.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The victim blaming in this thread is mental :lol:

He's probably on about 30k a week, so what if he wants to spend 2 weeks wages on a watch? It's his money. I'm sure if it was you lot it would all go to charity right? :rolleyes:

ariveded

Thank you. Its a good decision and this would have happened 100% had it been an ordinary man.

Just because he is footballer, and probably in the top 10% percentile, shouldnt corrupt our decision making process...

Siorac

I'm not sure Dolberg needs to press charges for that player to be locked up if the justice system wants it.
Not sure how it works in France. In Hungary, a thief cannot be punished if he 1) admits the deed before the prosecution decides to press charges, and 2) compensates the victim in a way that is acceptable to the victim - unless he is a recidivist criminal, or if he committed the crime as part of a criminal organization.

I imagine that having admitted stealing the watch, he also returned it, in which case the issue should be resolved.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The victim blaming in this thread is mental :lol:

He's probably on about 30k a week, so what if he wants to spend 2 weeks wages on a watch? It's his money. I'm sure if it was you lot it would all go to charity right? :rolleyes:
No, but I wouldn't be so stupid as to wear it somewhere where I'll probably be leaving it unattended for a few hours. This is a young person being clueless and learning a hard less (too fecking bad, son). Of course in a perfect world he shouldn't have to worry about someone stealing his property but this isn't a perfect world and such naivety gets punished like this everyday. See whatever country you live in's travel advisories to certain other nations that warn tourists not to flaunt wealth, etc. to avoid being robbed.

For example:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/jamaica/safety-and-security

The motive for most attacks on tourists is robbery. There are mobile police patrols, but you should take steps to protect yourself and your belongings. Be vigilant at all times, even if you’re staying with friends and family. Don’t walk alone in isolated areas or on deserted beaches, even during the day. Take particular care when withdrawing money from ATMs. Don’t carry large amounts of cash or wear eye-catching jewellery.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
BBC

Can't remember many top flight clubs sacking a player. Harsh? or justifiable?

Sidenote: Had no idea Dolberg left Ajax. Surely a better club should have been in for him? (us perhaps)
100% justified - you can't tolerate a thief at the club.

Nico87

Are clubs legally entitled to keep a players registration if they sack them for gross misconduct?. The player getting to move on a free transfer after something like this is more of a reward than a punishment if not.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
No, but I wouldn't be so stupid as to wear it somewhere where I'll probably be leaving it unattended for a few hours. This is a young person being clueless and learning a hard less (too fecking bad, son). Of course in a perfect world he shouldn't have to worry about someone stealing his property but this isn't a perfect world and such naivety gets punished like this everyday. See whatever country you live in's travel advisories to certain other nations that warn tourists not to flaunt wealth, etc. to avoid being robbed.

For example:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/jamaica/safety-and-security
But leaving it unattended in a (most likely) locked changing room with only people you know around? Surely we should trust one another in such an environment?

AlwaysRed66

Are clubs legally entitled to keep a players registration if they sack them for gross misconduct?. The player getting to move on a free transfer after something like this is more of a reward than a punishment if not.
Just see that going well at an employment tribunal. Stopping someone from working whatever the circumstances is illegal.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Stupid Dolberg cnut, he's the villain here obviously. If he didn't have the watch, Diaby-Fadiga wouldn't have stolen it so it all starts with Dolberg.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Stupid Dolberg cnut, he's the villain here obviously. If he didn't have the watch, Diaby-Fadiga wouldn't have stolen it so it all starts with Dolberg.
Not the villain but careless and as a result exposed himself to the theft. See my excerpt from the UK government travel advisory above: Be vigilant, even around family and friends. Don't wear flash jewellery, etc. He's fortunate that he makes enough money that if the watch had never been returned it wouldn't be fiscally crippling for him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not the villain but careless and as a result exposed himself to the theft. See my excerpt from the UK government travel advisory above: Be vigilant, even around family and friends. Don't wear flash jewellery, etc. He's fortunate that he makes enough money that if the watch had never been returned it wouldn't be fiscally crippling for him.
I mean I do agree with you that I myself would be more thoughtful with it all (I wouldn't have bought such an expensive watch irrespective of my salary in the first place but perhaps I'm a mean cnut so there's that) but Christ, it's not like he was travelling through some Sait-Denis or Hackney with all his bling on. Kid that robbed his team mate is really fecked up and as somebody here said, if a regular person stole an item with corresponding worth of that watch he'd be in much, much deeper shit than the kid was. He got off with a slap on a wrist in all truth.

DoomSlayer

The robber should be in prison, plain and simple. If you steal £62k in the form of money or goods, you get a serious prison sentence so not sure how nothing proper is being done in this case.

riis

Supports
Liverpool
The robber should be in prison, plain and simple. If you steal £62k in the form of money or goods, you get a serious prison sentence so not sure how nothing proper is being done in this case.
Possibly the club and Dolberg came to an agreement that the thief having his contract terminated was punishment enough and decided not to press charges?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't think anyone knows whether "something proper" is being done. It just happened, he came forward, apologized and apparently reimbursed Dolberg. There is actually next to no chance that he does serious prison, more likely a suspended sentence, if Dolberg or the club press charges.

By the way he just signed for the Paris FC.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's kinda like when JT fecked Bridge's missus so they sacked Bridge.

Jack-C20

But how did he know where he lived? Driving license there too?
Could have a been a letter or something left in the car. Or his home address saved on the sat nav. Unlucky in whatever scenario but also slightly naive.

arthurka

But how did he know where he lived? Driving license there too?
Car thieves know what cars to carjack and who owns them more often than not . Having the keys was an added bonus. But didn't he have a security system installed in the house?