Nick Ajose

datura

Great news, by all accounts he's really enjoying it there and making a positive contribution.

Edit. Just saw the goal, nice one-two and took it around the keeper and slotted it past 2 defenders.

It looks like he got the assist for their final goal too.

prateik

any bury forums ?
i cant find any . the official site has a link but registrations are closed

PS18

I'm registered on the official forums, signed up when Hewson was there last season. Not sure why registrations are closed.

If I remember rightly there is another decent one out there, used it briefly while waiting for my account to be authorised on the official one. Can't remember it though.

Anyway, they've been absolutely raving him about him on the official forums.

datura

Edit. The report I read was wrong, he wasn't taken down for the red card. His goal was a great side footed lob over the keeper.

He also won an unconverted penalty last week so continuing to be effective.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
What a fantastic loan this is shaping out to be. :eek:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He has an end product. Good to hear he's doing well

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He scored a shit-load of goals for our reserves too. Certainly seems to know where the back of the net is.

I wonder if he might be the next Tom Cleverley? Coming up on the rails and forcing himself into first-team contention while more highly rated team-mates are getting all the attention?

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Would be interesting to see if he can do well in League 1 next...

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Would be interesting to see if he can do well in League 1 next...
Yeah. League 1 or The Championship seems like a logical next step. There should be plenty of interest in him after what he's done/is doing at Bury.

AVARiCE

He scored a shit-load of goals for our reserves too. Certainly seems to know where the back of the net is.

I wonder if he might be the next Tom Cleverley? Coming up on the rails and forcing himself into first-team contention while more highly rated team-mates are getting all the attention?
I have a post somewhere on the Caf saying I liked Ajose for this sort of reason.

Both Tom and Nick were under the radar but continued to work, almost without reward. Whenever I've seen either play they've put in a solid performance. Fair enough, some other players might have more flair or they might do pretty things on the pitch but I've never looked at a teamsheet with Ajose in it and not been sure. He always turns up.

Beyond that, he can play in a fair few positions and he's actually a good player. It's not like he has no talent and works his socks off to keep up, he's talented and he works ruddy hard.

So pleased to see this loan spell is working for him.

Jiggs'Hamstring

In the last year or so whenever I've watched the reserves he's look a constant goal threat - low centre of gravity, bit of pace and an eye for gaps to get his shot away - near post, between players etc. Dare I say a touch of the Kanchelskis? Probably not.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
In the last year or so whenever I've watched the reserves he's look a constant goal threat - low centre of gravity, bit of pace and an eye for gaps to get his shot away - near post, between players etc. Dare I say a touch of the Kanchelskis? Probably not.
That's not overstating it really. Just watched his goals against Lincoln, both were well taken strikes. Like to see him move up a division as much as he seems to be enjoying his football at Bury

datura

More good news

Sky Sports | Football News | League 2 | Bury | Bury battle to keep Ajose

Bury face a huge battle to keep hold of Manchester United loan star Nicky Ajose, skysports.com can reveal.

19-year-old Ajose, an England youth international, has performed brilliantly since moving to Gigg Lane on loan in September.

The young forward has scored six goals in just 13 games so far, and his performances have brought him to the attention of a number of clubs.

His displays have also pleased his parent club, who have also offered him a new contract at Old Trafford.

Ajose's current loan deal with Bury expires on Monday, and it seems he could have played his final game for the Shakers with interest arising in both the Championship and League One.

Barnsley and Charlton are believed to be among the teams looking closely at him, although it is understood up to 12 clubs could be ready to approach United.

Striker10

If we loan him back out, it might as well be to a premiership club if possible.

PS18

No chance he'll go to a Prem club. Gigantic difference between doing well in League Two and cutting it in the Prem.

Drifter

American
Manchester United striker Ajose is staying with Bury

BURY have agreed with Manchester United to extend the loan of striker Nicky Ajose until the end of the season.

The deal is likely to be completed tomorrow.

"I am delighted United will let Nicky continue his development with us," said Bury manager Alan Knill.

Drifter

American
Skysports.com understands Nicky Ajose has signed a new contract at Manchester United after extending his loan deal at Bury.

Ajose has impressed during the first half of the season at Gigg Lane and has scored six goals in 18 games in all competitions for the Shakers.

He has agreed an extension with the League Two side until the end of the campaign and has now been rewarded with a new deal by his parent club.

The 19-year-old has accepted an offer of a contract until 2013 and is highly thought of by United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ajose had several other clubs on his trail after shining at Bury, but Ferguson was keen for the forward to continue his education with Alan Knill's side.

Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Done Deal | Ajose signs United deal

datura

Yeah, the right decision I think. He's a local Bury lad and playing every game in a tough division. He'll probably get a Championship loan next year and might get on the preseason tour.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A couple of months out....not too bad.It's happened to Welbeck and a few others but they've bounced back stronger. I'm sure Nicky will be fine with the rehab.

Really like the lad since I spoke to him on the Metro a season back, came across as a level headed lad who wants to work hard. Hope he makes it, if not at Utd then a long career somewhere else

Striker10

He definately has 'something'. He has the knack of being productive and to come back from injury and do that is very pleasing.