Nick Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooshka

Just Modric now and i'd be more than happy with our transfers, really pleased we've signed him although admittedly i've not seen him play just going on the hype.

Scholesy

to be honest, I am dissapointed with this signing. Powell seems to have a great shot and finish but his basic control and brain are seriously worrying after I watched his performance in the Play Off final. I do not expect this player to be a success but hope he is.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
well done on being the first to add Gibson or Bebe to the thread, now you can go back to peeing on girls.
Well done on missing a reference to another thread, now you can go back to misspelling United players names.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Exciting potential.

Wonder if he'll go straight back out on loan?
Blackburn are interested in taking him on loan but I think he's going to take Pogba's place in the first team squad and get a few games. It is a huge leap though so he probably will end up going on loan sooner rather than later to get more experience at a higher level.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
to be honest, I am dissapointed with this signing. Powell seems to have a great shot and finish but his basic control and brain are seriously worrying after I watched his performance in the Play Off final. I do not expect this player to be a success but hope he is.
:lol: who's taken control of this account?!

Gazza

A touch of Lee Sharpe about this deal, signing a young English player from the lower leagues. Albeit Powell is already better known. Nice news, good luck to him.

Dion

Why do they never wear a suit? Always disappointing.

Steven Seagull

Nothing wrong with his basic control. His brain is an unknown quantity though. He's quite similar to you actually.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's an apprentice.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I hope he gets some time on the field for us in the first team, rather than going out on loan. No more Evra-Rafael in the midfield for feck's sake..

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
:lol: who's taken control of this account?!
If it isn't actually Scholsey, the person responsible is doing a brilliant job. That's exactly the kind of thing you would expect him to say - and they've even misspelled disappointed in the same way Scholsey always did.

Scholesy

From this video, he does not look anywhere close to a United player.

Yes he is young etc so it is good to give him time, but my instinct is that he is very short of United talent. But I will definitely give him a chance. Smalling is an amazing player and no one had heard of him so Powell could be good. And any midfielder that is known to be good at attacking is exactly what we need.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Ha, how strange. When I was looking through this thread, after reading through the Gerrard comparisons in the old thread, I was thinking "that Scholesy poster won't be happy with this signing if this goes through. Not enough technical ability by the sounds of it."

Was weird then opening this thread to read what I thought was a banned poster saying he was disappointed with the signing. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why do you always phrase it as 'this player', 'this person'. Why not just say 'him'?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Good to have you back, dude.

Cina

:lol: Who took over Scholesy?

Status
Not open for further replies.