Nick Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I agree with the most but WTF is wrong with you? How old are you? I will say it again, it is completely childish and not funny to insult anderson all the time. He is still our player right? He was never fat, and if he is fat I want to be fat like him. He may lack fitness as he barely trains because of his countless injuries. It can take plenty of time to get back into shape when you miss weeks and weeks of training due to injuries. And to say that Powell hasn't got fitness issues? It is stupid. That is one of the main reasons he doesn't play. His style is very lazy and almost like "I will run whenever I want" that is why he will never make it at our club. He will find out too late and end up as some lower table club in premier league as he still has got a lot of talent... Anyway a lot of players have got talent, some are more talented some are less but the whether they make it is always about hard work and obviously about luck as well sometimes - injuries/ opportunities. I didn't see much of Powell this season but he may be the most talented guy in the squad(LCFC) but will not have this opportunity to play as he lacks fitness and simply doesn't work hard enough..
Umm.. manager after manager has come out and said he is unfit for premier league standard, not just at United but also at Fiorentina. Van Gaal has even spelt it out saying that the least you can expect of a professional is fitness. I love Anderson the character but Anderson the professional has been far ways from being a Manchester United player for a while.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Anderson has absolutely no work ethic. Sure he's had a hard time with injuries but to be unfit very season and playing for an elite football club is a disgrace. I love his enthusiasm and all that but he's a joke.

Powell isn't as lazy I don't think but rather undisciplined and lacking a good mental attitude, IE accepting he's young and working he his way up. Seems he wants instant gratification. Andersons attitude problem was related to having a bad attitude to training and keeping fit.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I hate to say it but so is United under LvG - we just do it with better players. If he can't handle teamwork and graft how's he going to do in a team that's, at least partially, built around a high press?
well LvG does demand a team ethic but then so do most managers - Leicester are more like the new Stoke, you cant compare that kind of style to our play.

There are rumours that Powell has attitude problems, perhaps he is not willing put in the hardwork in training. It is something that was apparently the downfall of Zaha as well

ravelston

well LvG does demand a team ethic but then so do most managers - Leicester are more like the new Stoke, you cant compare that kind of style to our play.

There are rumours that Powell has attitude problems, perhaps he is not willing put in the hardwork in training. It is something that was apparently the downfall of Zaha as well
You can't compare the style, but the work rate and focus on teamwork are very comparable - it's a big part of the commitment that LvG is demanding of the players.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Pearson is under too much pressure to play a young loanee.

Of course, if Powell was all that then he'd be in the team every week anyway but that's a seperate issue.

Ekeke

Pearson is under too much pressure to play a young loanee.

Of course, if Powell was all that then he'd be in the team every week anyway but that's a seperate issue.
Considering they only have 1 player who has scored more than 2 goals, and Powell is a goalscorer you'd think he'd at least make a bunch of cameo appearances when the team are chasing.

If they could actually score goals he'd be under less pressure

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Considering they only have 1 player who has scored more than 2 goals, and Powell is a goalscorer you'd think he'd at least make a bunch of cameo appearances when the team are chasing.

If they could actually score goals he'd be under less pressure
Well exactly, but when he's in the situation he's in then he really needs to stand out and he obviously isn't.

Scoring goals in the Prem is hard when you've got a team of Championship standard players to be fair.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
looks like he played the last 20 - I think the rumours of him being sent back early are all bullshit

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Looked lean and not at all lazy. Was actually harrying City's defenders. Took one absolutely poor corner so he'd probably do well here.

FromTheBench

Was played as out and out striker with Ulloa behind him who they were hoofing too.

Didn't have much of a chance to do much but ran around a fair bit.

Woodenlung

He ended his loan at Wigan on bad terms too iirc.

Poor attitude and drink problems. Not a good combination.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Literally can't believe a player from Crewe alexandra wasn't up to playing for Manchester United.
It's not that he wasn't/isn't up to playing at the top level, it's that he's not up FOR it, despite his talent.

The facetious reference to the club he played for as a teenager is pathetic and makes you come across very poorly. Its snide and unintelligent. You can do better than that. Leave these sorts of posts to devilish.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
It's not that he wasn't/isn't up to playing at the top level, it's that he's not up FOR it, despite his talent.

The facetious reference to the club he played for as a teenager is pathetic and makes you come across very poorly. Its snide and unintelligent. You can do better than that. Leave these sorts of posts to devilish.
Jesus Christ....It was a joke!!

People need to lighten up!

Woodenlung

News to me. Ditto the fact he's a dipso. Where are you hearing this stuff?
He has a driving ban for alcohol related offences and missed the first leg of Wigan's playoff semi-final because of that.

The other stuff is more hearsay than reported fact, but it think there's truth to it.

Joemo

whistling in the wind

I'd love to see him go to Derby and work under McClaren.

ChaddyP

Has he figured out his best position yet? i haven't been able to watch much of him of late. What position do you lot reckon he will be playing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He played well for the U21's some of his runs especially for that sitter he missed was fantastic. I wish our main strikers would make similar!.

I still am not sure whether he will make the grade here, but he is too talented not too have a good career in football. I hope he get's that work ethic required to reach his potential though.

IwatUwat

He played well for the U21's some of his runs especially for that sitter he missed was fantastic. I wish our main strikers would make similar!.

I still am not sure whether he will make the grade here, but he is too talented not too have a good career in football. I hope he get's that work ethic required to reach his potential though.
He just looks a little lazy, but Berbatov esq in terms of how he'll play a good pass or make a good move and then stop.

However is technique etc is great, he just looks like a player who plays like he's already made it, not like he's trying to force his way in

ricky-romeo

thought that for the u-21s is where he is suppose to be playing as a midfielder than anything else.

keep playing him upfront he is going to end up as a "lower table PL to top half championship " player i reckon.

lysglimt

Scout
Excellent technique, great shot and his timing and headers are superb

m1y2

thought that for the u-21s is where he is suppose to be playing as a midfielder than anything else.

keep playing him upfront he is going to end up as a "lower table PL to top half championship " player i reckon.
so you are suggesting that his future is in midfield, he was bought to the club as a top prospect, Fergie wanted to convert him but that doesn't mean that he will end up as midfielder, he hasn't got work ethic to play midfielder and passing composure, he can make top pass but lose the ball next time, his passing from there is like Rooney's. On the other hand he could score goals like Lampard but that doesn't make him a midfield prospect. He will play as 10 or striker like he played for wigan.

And he will end up in champ anyway, maybe lower premier league..

Status
Not open for further replies.