Nick Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd have to be one who doesn't agree. maybe I'm being picky on picking up on your choice of words, but I don't see him as someone with "all the talent". 'talent'? yes, but not that much.

He can definitely hit a mean shot though, I'll give him that.
He can dribble, head, good finisher and movement is very good when playing as a striker. Sure he has not got fancy footwork/tricks like Neymar/Zaha but then so what?. He needs to scrub off the Berbatov style though, it makes him look like he's not fussed which isn't a good look for a youngster.

RooneyLegend

He obviously has lots of talent. He has a vast array of qualities that can translate into a very very good player provided he's got the right attitude. Whats even more important for him is that he's at a team that suits him as a footballer. That would've been the case at our club if Sir Alex was still the coach but since that isn't the case then i'd say its best for both parties to call it time.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'd like to see what LvG can do with him. If he is as talented as they claim, working under LvG should help him.

m1y2

The time flies. I sense it's too late for him, he didn't really kicked on since he came in, good spell in Wigan though.

Bwuk

I've always thought Powell has all the talent to make it, just a lazy attitude. Seems to always be played further up the field when on loan because he's too lazy to defend responsibly.

Hit It

I've always thought Powell has all the talent to make it, just a lazy attitude. Seems to always be played further up the field when on loan because he's too lazy to defend responsibly.
I'm writing this but I'm so angry at the same time. Does this guy even know who he's playing for. For starters he looks like an arrogant prat and is probably one of the many English youngsters who think they have already made it as a footballer because he's scored 1 senior goal. He did well at Wigan, but even they dropped him towards the end of that season. Bad attitude at Leicester and now playing reserve football again. I just wish someone like Nicky Butt gave him kick up the backside and tells him to "shape up, otherwise your out of here". So fragile these youngsters are, I wouldn't be surprised they cry on the training ground when they get a rollicking from the coach. I'm so desperate for them to succeed and that's what makes me mad because they have ability but they don't want to build on that and try be the best they can be. The ambition has gone, they'd rather be on twitter instead of staying after training to maybe get better at their dribbling, shooting,passing or crossing. Ronaldo, Beckham, and the present player Kane, they all put in a bit of extra time to perfect certain aspects to their game and now look at them. I understand people have their own lives but when your in the job and your not working well enough consistently, then it just time to part ways rather than waste time on somebody who has no motivation even though he's playing for the biggest club in the world.

Sid234

Interesting bump to the thread! I thought there was an update on his injury

Last edited:

Gannicus

I'd like to see Nick remain a United man for another season, doing his duty with the U21 side and getting in a few league cup games. He may have already blown it and I'm not even sure where he might fit in eventually with the first team, but if he shows Louis a serious commitment I'd like to see the manager reward that commitment. Chances are he's eventually going to be let go, but there's a chance he might just have something special if under the right tutelage his potential can be unlocked.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm writing this but I'm so angry at the same time. Does this guy even know who he's playing for. For starters he looks like an arrogant prat and is probably one of the many English youngsters who think they have already made it as a footballer because he's scored 1 senior goal. He did well at Wigan, but even they dropped him towards the end of that season. Bad attitude at Leicester and now playing reserve football again. I just wish someone like Nicky Butt gave him kick up the backside and tells him to "shape up, otherwise your out of here". So fragile these youngsters are, I wouldn't be surprised they cry on the training ground when they get a rollicking from the coach. I'm so desperate for them to succeed and that's what makes me mad because they have ability but they don't want to build on that and try be the best they can be. The ambition has gone, they'd rather be on twitter instead of staying after training to maybe get better at their dribbling, shooting,passing or crossing. Ronaldo, Beckham, and the present player Kane, they all put in a bit of extra time to perfect certain aspects to their game and now look at them. I understand people have their own lives but when your in the job and your not working well enough consistently, then it just time to part ways rather than waste time on somebody who has no motivation even though he's playing for the biggest club in the world.
You know what really grinds my gears?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
People who use "your" where "you're" is intended?? 'Cos that does grind my gears!
Your so silly, its obviously the lack of paragraphs. Easy mistake though, I see ware your coming from.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Your so silly, its obviously the lack of paragraphs. Easy mistake though, I see ware your coming from.
Haven't met people who use "ware" for "where". I've seen them use "were" though.

Anyway, seems like you get me. Marry me? :lol:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Haven't met people who use "ware" for "where". I've seen them use "were" though.

Anyway, seems like you get me. Marry me? :lol:
I have issues with there and their. Always mix them up.

pascell

Bump...
My mate who follows PNE says he's going on loan there next season along with Reece James and Sam Johnstone. We did say PNE could buy Johnstone for £1m+ but we've gone back on the agreement.

Bwuk

Bump...
My mate who follows PNE says he's going on loan there next season along with Reece James and Sam Johnstone. We did say PNE could buy Johnstone for £1m+ but we've gone back on the agreement.
Would of thought Powell and James should really be aiming for a premier league side if they ever have hopes of making it with us.

pascell

Would of thought Powell and James should really be aiming for a premier league side if they ever have hopes of making it with us.
We actually got Reece James from PNE youth academy, he's a Lancashire lad so makes sense that he'd go there, plus he needs a consistent run in a first team, they've just let go of one of their LB so he should have a good chance to cement a first team place.
Powell on the other hand, I don't think he's ready for the PL, quite a few murmurs on here his attitude is really poor. I think he'd benefit from playing in a league, that players need to have good ability and have to be robust. If he plays well and gets his head down, I'm sure he could still salvage something at United.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
We actually got Reece James from PNE youth academy, he's a Lancashire lad so makes sense that he'd go there, plus he needs a consistent run in a first team, they've just let go of one of their LB so he should have a good chance to cement a first team place.
Powell on the other hand, I don't think he's ready for the PL, quite a few murmurs on here his attitude is really poor. I think he'd benefit from playing in a league, that players need to have good ability and have to be robust. If he plays well and gets his head down, I'm sure he could still salvage something at United.
he's going backward in his development if he ends up at PNE - 2 years ago he had a pretty successful season loan at Wigan and then stepped up last season to the PL with Leicester, but it ended up being a waste of a year and now his stock has fallen significantly. I suppose he is still young enough to turn it around but it doesnt look positive.

pascell

he's going backward in his development if he ends up at PNE - 2 years ago he had a pretty successful season loan at Wigan and then stepped up last season to the PL with Leicester, but it ended up being a waste of a year and now his stock has fallen significantly. I suppose he is still young enough to turn it around but it doesnt look positive.
Imo the loan to Leicester was the backwards step in his development. They brought in the experience Cambiasso in CM, he also had other who'd got promoted with Leicester to contend with. They also shelled out a club record for Ulloa upfront and they have Nugent and Vardy as back up. He should've really gone to another Championship team, who could offer him regular first team football, then found a PL loan this season. His attitude seems to be his biggest downfall, soon as he sorts that out, he'll start forging a decent PL career somewhere, if not at United.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Never believe in any of the hype on him.. still young though could have a decent career elsewhere if he works hard enough.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I doubt Powell would get a regular start in the Premier League.
Probably going to end up one of those who just quietly drops to Nottingham Forest or someone, for a tiny fee. Next summer or the one after.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Totally forgot about him. Never seen him play well, doesn't seem to move about a lot.

RedFish

Didn't he get sent home early from Leicester because of an appalling attitude to training?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
His main problems are lack of input and dedication, he had the ability but never really pushed himself or applied i think.. I also thought a few coaches commented on his commitment

ghagua

Waste of talent. Had a chance which millions dream of, but wasted that with his reported poor attitude. Don't think there is a way back for him now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just another Morrison / taarabt etc. all the talent but not the work ethic or desire to achieve it.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Just another Morrison / taarabt etc. all the talent but not the work ethic or desire to achieve it.
Was just about to type 'All the talent without actually having all the talent' but then went to the top of the page and realised we've had that exact discussion earlier. :D

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It really is quite simple for me. We will find out in the next year how much Nick Powell really wants to be a footballer. Head down, work hard, hit it hard and show the will you never know.

Even then it's a slim chance...but it's a chance none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.