Nicknames for United players in South America

Haddock

Latin American commentary sounds more like Ray Hudson than Peter Drury's overhyping every five yard pass. How big is the premier league in *insert the South American country you live in*? Bigger than La Liga? How are English footballers perceived?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Great thread - don't remember seeing it first time round

Often end up watching matches with Spanish or Arabic commentary, always seems far more exciting than our generally bland commentators

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Great thread - don't remember seeing it first time round

Often end up watching matches with Spanish or Arabic commentary, always seems far more exciting than our generally bland commentators
The worst thing about watching United matches in latin America is hearing the commentators getting excited when the opposition is attacking while their voices go low when it is us on the attack.
cnuts.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Latin American commentary sounds more like Ray Hudson than Peter Drury's overhyping every five yard pass. How big is the premier league in Peru*? Bigger than La Liga? How are English footballers perceived?
Massive. Mostly united and liverpool fans but I've strangely spotted citeh tops recently too.
Madrid, Barcelona and PSG are the most common tops you'll see people wearing.

TRUERED89

Latin American commentary sounds more like Ray Hudson than Peter Drury's overhyping every five yard pass. How big is the premier league in *insert the South American country you live in*? Bigger than La Liga? How are English footballers perceived?
Have you ever heard Ray Hudson commentating on Messi? He's literally screaming and jizzing his pants the whole time. His metaphors are just hilarious as well.

Alabaster Codify7

El Jabali is absolutely brilliant for Rooney, I'd be proud of that one myself if I was known as the Wild Boar.

tomaldinho1

I remember Recoba was just known as 'Chino', not because he has any Asian heritage but the Uruguayan population decided his eyes looked Chinese.

Think I've heard Rooney called Jabali and Chacho

Charles Miller

Half South America speak Portuguese. And we have no creativity for nicknames. We just add "inho" in the end.

Seven Seas Sardines

Pibe is boy or little guy in Argentina.

Strange no one has pointed out this one, I guess most of us are trying to forget. :lol:

Alexis Sanchez - El Niño Maravilla (the wonder boy)

Last edited: