Nicolás Otamendi or Sergio Ramos

Nicolás Otamendi or Sergio Ramos

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

Otamendi, mostly because I hate Ramos with a burning, fiery passion as he's a monumental cnut. Also, he's a walking red card.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Never seen Otamendi play or if I did it didn't register. Seen plenty of Ramos, the good the bad and the ugly, I think he's less prone to calamities these days and has matured into a world class centre back so purely on that basis I'll have to pick Ramos even though I feel this little early summer romance was over before it even began.

NK86

Otamendi, mainly because I don't see us being able to prise Ramos away until we part with DDG and I would rather keep DDG.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I think if Otamendi was much better on the ball this would be pretty easily settled in his favour.

Bwuk

Ramos but since he won't come probably im fine with Otamendi.

In a perfect situation - both.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The first one who signs.

Dr Baltar

If it's possible that we could get Ramos then it shouldn't even be close.
If people are saying the benefit of Otamendi is that he's a couple of years younger then surely we should be going for Mustafi who's even younger & looked just as good as Otamendi last year. For what it's worth, Mustafi is the player being linked with Real now rather than Otamendi.
Both looked good players last year in much more organised Valencia team but neither are anywhere near Ramos' level.

Trizy

I've not seen Otamendi play but I've heard so much about him I'd be quite happy to sign either or.

devil in me

As long as we sign one of them, I genuinely don't care. There are pros and cons with both, and to me they weigh up to 50/50 with which one I would prefer. I do, however, feel that Ramos is unattainable and I Just hope we don't mess about and lose out on Otamendi.

VanGaalEra

Ramos' ball playing abilities win this for me. Though I'm happy with either, or both :devil::devil:

VanGaalEra

Otamendi seems to be a better foil for Smalling, who I'd expect will be the other starter.
Neither of them is really great on the ball tbh or passing our from the back. Smalling did improve this aspect last season but still has some way to go until he fits the ball playing defender role for us.

Jev

The people picking Otamendi: Is it because you think he's a better player or is it because of other factors such as age, price etc.?

I picked Ramos based on the fact that he is the better player by far and one of the three best center-backs in the world. Don't understand how this is even a debate, let alone how Otamendi is leading.

MDFC Manager

Add an option for both. That worked well the last time a player choice thread was created :D

Cal?

CR7 fan
The people picking Otamendi: Is it because you think he's a better player or is it because of other factors such as age, price etc.?

I picked Ramos based on the fact that he is the better player by far and one of the three best center-backs in the world. Don't understand how this is even a debate, let alone how Otamendi is leading.
That's my thinking too, but then most people preferred Schneiderlin to Schweisteiger in that other poll.

Dr Baltar

Interesting. So 50% of the people on this forum either hate Ramos, are massive Otamendi fanboys or just plain thick.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

Older, likely to want more wages, likely to cost more, and most importantly a cuntbag i don't want in our team; I have no idea if Otamendi is better or way worse, neither do I care since it's Ramos.

The same would be said for Pepe, Sir Sergio of Busquets & Luis Suarez.

FacerTheRed

Otamendi just because he can offer more years of service. Ramos is way better player than Otamendi with a doubt but because of the DDG's situation, Madrid wont have Ramos as part of the exchange. Clearly they want full price for him which is no chance due to his age, so negotiations has broken down between the clubs. So Otamendi to me is safer bet because he can offer more years of service, a buyout clause worth 36m which is worth for the experience he has and the years of service he can commit. If by any chance the DDG situation comes up again and does eventually fall through and Madrid do agree the exchange plus money, then Ramos all the way. One thing i dont want is United spending most of the summer chancing these deals, Otamendi just looks more of a straight forward transfer if United meets the buyout clause.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ramos, we need a leader and a worldclass defender at the back who is also at his prime

foolsgold

Do we need either one ?

Paddy McNair looked to have great potential when i saw him last year. Smalling is coming into his prime. Jones is solid.

No need to spend for the sake of it. If we've got a spare 30m, I'd rather it went on a striker

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Ramos, we need a leader and a worldclass defender at the back who is also at his prime
thats my thoughts as well...
probably a new keeper, a new rightback, a pretty inexperienced left back and one of jones / smalling who although decent defenders are not good communicators who marshal the defence.
That said I wouldnt mind if all the Hummles stuff resurfaced as I think he would do a cracking job as well

But any of those three would improve our defence a lot (albeit in slightly different ways)

Michael T

Both would be nice, and the way this summer is panning out I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what happens. Otamendi would be my logical long-term choice, but Ramos will probably bring the greatest instant bang-for-buck and I think that is what LVG will be looking for primarily, if only because of the length of his own contract. Woody will no doubt drop both at LVG's feet like an awesome gun dog.

The Red Thinker

Do we need either one ?

Paddy McNair looked to have great potential when i saw him last year. Smalling is coming into his prime. Jones is solid.

No need to spend for the sake of it. If we've got a spare 30m, I'd rather it went on a striker
Where's your white text man for god's sake.

McNair - Too Young, Needs time

Jones - Cannot see things before they happen. Far too many last ditch attempts and hasn't been able to provide real security.

Smalling - He's turning into a really top defender.

Now what we need is an immediate injection of proven, top level talent. We can't possibly challenge on all fronts with one half of the defence still in development.

Let's get in Ramos or Otamendi. These guys have faced the very, very best and come away with their reputation intact. Otamendi is where Smalling is at, at the cusp of achieving real prominence in defence. Ramos has seen it all and done it all. We ain't getting him, but you cannot deny the man's achievements and the fact that he's been picked ahead of his team mates in every team he's played in and under every manager.

Siorac

Ramos is older, would cost more, a bigger cnut and a walking red card. He's one of two players in world football that I would never ever want to see at United.

Thankfully it looks like he's staying at Madrid.

walkinhop

Otamendi. Apart from his footballing abilities, i think with Angel ( if he stays) and Rojo being somewhat new, another Arg would be helpful in them settling in better

Jev

Ramos is older, would cost more, a bigger cnut and a walking red card. He's one of two players in world football that I would never ever want to see at United.

Thankfully it looks like he's staying at Madrid.
Cool, seems like the hatred for Ramos is the reason why Otamendi is winning. At least that makes more sense than people voting for him for footballing reasons.

I had no idea so many people considered Ramos an idiot.

Siorac

Cool, seems like the hatred for Ramos is the reason why Otamendi is winning. At least that makes more sense than people voting for him for footballing reasons.

I had no idea so many people considered Ramos an idiot.
Well, the fact he has more red cards to his name than the rest of the professional players of the world combined* is a pretty good footballing reason.

*I may have exaggerated slightly.

Jev

Well, the fact he has more red cards to his name than the rest of the professional players of the world combined* is a pretty good footballing reason.

*I may have exaggerated slightly.
There's no doubt he has had too many red cards during his career but he's cut a lot of that rashness out of his game. No sending-offs this season.

But I'm getting confused again now, do you believe Otamendi to be the better player?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Otamendi. Apart from his footballing abilities, i think with Angel ( if he stays) and Rojo being somewhat new, another Arg would be helpful in them settling in better
Another reason to prefer Ramos, I'm not sure if we've ever had an Argie that worked out well... :nervous:

Iron Stove

Rooney, England captain.
Schweinsteiger, Germany captain.
Ramos, Spain captain.

A leader and seasoned warrior in attack, midfield and defense.

That's how you fast-track a team that barely made top 4 to the absolute top! These guys will drag their teammates kicking and screaming up to their level :drool:

Siorac

There's no doubt he has had too many red cards during his career but he's cut a lot of that rashness out of his game. No sending-offs this season.

But I'm getting confused again now, do you believe Otamendi to be the better player?
No, not least because I saw Otamendi play like twice so can't really judge him.

But I hate Ramos and there's at least one footballing reason to justify my dislike, that being the amount of red cards he managed to collect during his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.