Nicolo Barella

deafepl

Feel sorry for Barella, Sanchez saga overshadowing him, let's give him the attention he needs.

However, he looks very promising with talents but I am unsure what type of midfield he is suited to. If we brought him, I hope he would be squad/understudy.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
His surname will bring great memories to the likes of Hargreaves, Saha, the Da Silva twins and Owen. They will love him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Um, Barella provides excellent cover I have heard.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Feel sorry for Barella, Sanchez saga overshadowing him, let's give him the attention he needs.

However, he looks very promising with talents but I am unsure what type of midfield he is suited to. If we brought him, I hope he would be squad/understudy.
I’m sure I saw an article with talk of a €50m fee. I guess he’d be more than an understudy if true.

If there’s anything to this, this certainly has Ribalta’s prints all over it.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If a barella comes on the pitch for your team you'd rather have it be Nicolo.

deafepl

I’m sure I saw an article with talk of a €50m fee. I guess he’d be more than an understudy if true.

If there’s anything to this, this certainly has Ribalta’s prints all over it.
I forgot that we have Ribalta in our depertmaret now but I'm excited we may found our gem in midfielders, lets' sign him hurry before other clubs do.

devilish

He started as a no 10 (trequartista) but had moved in midfield since then. He's a box to box player whose main traits are technique, determination and hunger to do well. He's being compared to nainggolan and verratti

devilish

I forgot that we have Ribalta in our depertmaret now but I'm excited we may found our gem in midfielders, lets' sign him hurry before other clubs do.
he's being followed by both Inter and Juventus. Spalletti even talked about him lately too, so he's hardly an unknown talent.

I think we've got a bigger chance of us landing Pellegrini then him. That 21m minimum fee clause is quite attractive.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He started as a no 10 (trequartista) but had moved in midfield since then. He's a box to box player whose main traits are technique, determination and hunger to do well. He's being compared to nainggolan and verratti
Sounds perfect. These are the sorts of deals you would hope Ribalta helps swing for us.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The only time Mourinho wants Barella to come in is when he wants to see a game out

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
These are the kind of signings I want us to make going forward. Is there a Ribalta thread? Anything new in there? I’m intrigued to see what our new scouts have been up to. Juve used to go for established players who’s contracts were expiring (Sanchez?) and young and more undiscovered talents who could perform in the first team relatively quickly (this guy?) definitely beats spending 60 million before wages on the likes of di maria anyway...

izec

He plays like Modric, but in the body of Guti. He is bigger and has thinner legs. Modric has a low center of gravity with thick legs, hard to push him off the ball and his turns and movement are therefore more smooth. Definitely one to watch

Ali Dia

He looks really interesting.

I wonder how much a double deal for himself and kluivert would set us back. Saying it in all the threads but we should be snapping up the best young players in the world wherever they are. Let them become stars here! I certainly don’t think blind looked as exciting as this guy but that’s LVG for you...

Ali Dia

I think the key thing is actually giving these younger guys games and trusting them, doesn’t matter how good the prospect is if he doesn’t get any games to show what he can do. Jose has let go of some top young players in his time at Chelsea. I hope we always do the opposite. if we ever have players potentially that good I would like to think the coaches and manager HERE wouldn’t miss that potential. I’d also hope they would get a proper shot in the team like martial and rashford have if they were potentially top notch, which they will be if our scouts are on the ball. I’d be talking about youngsters ready to be in the mix for the first team or a high profile loan more than youth players.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think we should be looking at at this guy... Frenkie De Jong

Have watched him play for Ajax quite abit this season and if/when he does leave Ajax I hope we're amongst the clubs trying to sign him, magnificent talent.

beingshe7don

Barella looks like a squad player at best to me at United. I don't see him starting games for us. De Jong on the other hand, is clearly a flair player. He's twists and turns and drops his shoulder one way and loses his man and plays a pass. He's got good passing accuracy for a long range pass as well which is very good for someone whose 20. He's 5'11 and does look light weight but it's not that easy to get the ball of off him. He can run with the ball starting from the penalty box and play a pass to the striker. That wouldn't happen in the PL but he can drive the ball from midfield which is a similar quality to Pogba. It wouldn't be a bad shout out to get this guy and have him be an understudy to Pogba. Within a couple years, I can definitely see him playing for CL club.

ti vu

How does that make sense? those are vastly different players.
I think what @devilish means is this Barella guy can skillfully get out of tight angle like Verratti while can be very physical, throwing himself around when needed like Naigolan. Can switch from nimble like Verratti to intensely aggressive like Naigolan

Edit:

This compilation is better showing his aggressiveness than the one in the OP

Last edited:

ti vu

Currently He operates best in Pogba's exact same position. Though he is probably young enough to be moulded into a player who can play Matic's role
I am not sure what Pogba position are you talking about here. Just saying the (old) Naingolan comparison is where his position: box to box but more defensive oriented. He has ability to switch to more offensive oriented too but it's not as strong just as Pogba is not as strong in defensive side as offensive side.

He looks to me like suited our midfield more than someone like SMS who is more offensive oriented like Pogba

DdeGoat

Can never finish these YouTube videos. I wonder how people can make judgements on players based on them.

One of the captions in the video is "Long range shooting", which shows him shoot one at the keeper, which he easily stops, and there is another one where he sends the ball way over the bar. That's it.

Last edited:

ti vu

Can never finish these YouTube videos. I wonder how people make a judgement on players based on them.

One of the captions in the video is "Long range shooting", which shows him shoot one at the keeper, which he easily stops, and there is another one where he sends the ball way over the bar. That's it.
I wonder how you come to conclusion people only use YouTube compilation in their assessment?

Many watch games from different leagues. My post I used a different compilation to make the point to those who don't know about the aggressive side of Barella's game, which the one in the OP doing him injustice. Not that I only picked him up from YouTube video.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think what @devilish means is this Barella guy can skillfully get out of tight angle like Verratti while can be very physical, throwing himself around when needed like Naigolan. Can switch from nimble like Verratti to intensely aggressive like Naigolan

Edit:

This compilation is better showing his aggressiveness than the one in the OP
Looks a all action type mid who is physically well developed for a 20yr old, is what i'm seeing in the vid.

DdeGoat

I wonder how you come to conclusion people only use YouTube compilation in their assessment?

Many watch games from different leagues. My post I used a different compilation to make the point to those who don't know about the aggressive side of Barella's game, which the one in the OP doing him injustice. Not that I only picked him up from YouTube video.
I was making a general comment about YouTube compilations and how I can never finish them.

I am sure you are a regular Cagilari follower.

Last edited:

Norris

I don't get this Barella puns. :|

Is he some sort of ex-footballer ?

ti vu

I was making a general comment about the YouTube compilations and how can I never finish them.

I am sure you are a regular Cagilari follower.
Fair points and I don't disagree. Apologize if I took it wrong at your last post

To be clear, I am not regular follower of any Serie A team, but watch fair share of Serie A games like quite many others on this board
Looks a all action type mid who is physically well developed for a 20yr old, is what i'm seeing in the vid.
That's the point I want to bring about his physicality and aggressiveness in this video, which seems to be absent from the compilation in the OP. To judge overall ability of a player it's always better watch games, and many to have a better view. And even so, people can still have different view on same player.

devilish

How does that make sense? those are vastly different players.
It makes sense. Barella is tipped to be a complete midfielder whose quite technically gifted and can pass the ball very well like Verratti is. On the other hand he's stronger, more determined and more physically strong then Verratti which reminds of the Belgian player.