Nicolo Barella

Fer

How do you rate Barella compared with Neves and Tielemans?

I haven't seen enough of Barella, he looked to me like a deep-lying playmaker... Or is he more a player like Ndombele or Rice?

beingshe7don

How do you rate Barella compared with Neves and Tielemans?

I haven't seen enough of Barella, he looked to me like a deep-lying playmaker... Or is he more a player like Ndombele or Rice?
If we are looking to buy cheap, Tielemens would be one of my choices along with Ndombele. Although, I would like us to invest in Pepe and Felix as well. Many people find Barella talented but he looks pretty ordinary for a CM. Probably explains why there aren't many takers.

Fer

If we are looking to buy cheap, Tielemens would be one of my choices along with Ndombele. Although, I would like us to invest in Pepe and Felix as well. Many people find Barella talented but he looks pretty ordinary for a CM. Probably explains why there aren't many takers.
Tielemans could be a good choice. I have the idea that Ndombele is a bit expensive.

Definitely we need Felix and Pepe to improve our attack.
If we end up signing Felix and Pepe, which formation would you use?

beingshe7don

Tielemans could be a good choice. I have the idea that Ndombele is a bit expensive.

Definitely we need Felix and Pepe to improve our attack.
If we end up signing Felix and Pepe, which formation would you use?
Martial/ Rashford -------------- Pepe/ Greenwood
----------------------- Felix/ Lingard -----------
------- Tielemens ---------- Ndombele ----------
-------------------- Fred/ Matic --------------
Shaw -------------------------- Muenier/ Dalot
----------- Lindelof ------ Koulibaly ----------
-------------------- De Gea -------------------

It's way too ambitious... May not get Koulibaly.... I would settle for Tuanzebe

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Watching him and Koulibaly in the Napoli v Cagliari game. More and more convinced by him. Great assist tonight. Never stops running and also has very good close control.

Koulibaly has been very good too for the record.

AgentSquirrel

Watching him and Koulibaly in the Napoli v Cagliari game. More and more convinced by him. Great assist tonight. Never stops running and also has very good close control.

He does look good. Always moving and making himself available - looks a clever player.

Fosu-Mens

Koulibaly got better movement in the box than all our attackers..

Fer

How do you rate Barella compared with Neves?

L1nk

Whilst it's a surprise that its Newcastle, it wouldn't be a surprise if Barella left because Inter are kinda in dire financial straights at the moment and he is one of their only sellable assets worth much

zaafi

If that is true, then it's probably going to be the transfer of the summer. That is a very good price for a player of his quality.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Kind of a nonsense article talking about Barella playing as a 6 though.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah that’d be a surprise so I’m doubting that’s true. Price alone, seems crazy as I’m sure inter would demand closer to triple digits and surely there’d be a ton of other clubs linked: ourselves, city, Chelsea, Liverpool and arsenal could all use him and have a need/position open in that “8” slot.

croadyman

Yeah that’d be a surprise so I’m doubting that’s true. Price alone, seems crazy as I’m sure inter would demand closer to triple digits and surely there’d be a ton of other clubs linked: ourselves, city, Chelsea, Liverpool and arsenal could all use him and have a need/position open in that “8” slot.
I would agree if it wasn't Luke Edwards who is pretty reliable for Newcastle

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I would agree if it wasn't Luke Edwards who is pretty reliable for Newcastle
Aargh haven’t a clue who he is so that’s even more surprising. I’d be a tad irritated if Newcastle snapped him up for that sort of fee, in today’s market etc - with little to no competition! I’m sure Liverpool were linked with him a while ago as well but I didn’t pay much attention to the rumor as I thought he might be one of inters untouchables.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Barella and Bruno G would be a hell of a midfield.

marktan

£50m for Barella? :lol:

Inter wouldn't even pick up the phone for that price. He's literally their most valued player, £100m probably wouldn't even get him.

Brophs

The One and Only
Very clever signing. But he wouldn’t be the first Italian to move to a new country and not take to it.

Red Star One

If this happens it’s so worrying on many levels. We should be all over him at this price and if he just prefers Newcastle it’s even worse

In before I get shat on for complaining - I only mean that we’re in dire need of a world class midfielder, and to see one going to our top4 for a very decent fee I am starting to lose the feeling United is more appealing than fecking Newcastle to guys like Barella and so.

L1nk

The article does state mind that Barella would take some convincing even if they had an offer accepted. This isn't a cert by any stretch. Kinda seems like a FDJ situation

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He'd be great, always wondered why there wasn't more buzz surrounding him.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
A transfer a competent club looking to improve midfield cannot afford to ignore…

Therefore we’ll do nothing.