Nike World Cup Advert

LoneStar

While it's cool to bring all these superstars in the same room (or ad), I didn't understand head or tail of what was happening. Just seemed very random to me.

RedCurry

If they just put Ronaldinho doing keepie-uppies I would find it more entertaining than whatever this was.

Korwas

It's a cool ad. I would like to see them make ads highlighting the future stars more though. Nike have Mbappe, Vinicius, Camavinga and Alphonso Davies on their 'roster' so they should be able to create cool and fresh ads with new players instead of using old and retired players that have nothing to do with this tournament.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
This advert just made me realise how many modern footballers I dislike.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You're all harsh random TV advert critics. I thought it was good fun.

No need for the random football Goku person or Van Dijk.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Seems like they had 2/3 concepts and meshed them together but pretty cool

pastyfool

I don't believe so. May as well have done.
I think it's due to the fact that this isn't an ad for the World Cup™, because Nike aren't a sponsor... Adidas are. It's just a coincidence that this ad is out at the same time as the World Cup. The power of advertising.

That's also the reason why there's female footballers in it and Ronaldinho is wearing a Barca kit.

Remember the geese

I think it's due to the fact that this isn't an ad for the World Cup™, because Nike aren't a sponsor... Adidas are. It's just a coincidence that this ad is out at the same time as the World Cup. The power of advertising.

That's also the reason why there's female footballers in it and Ronaldinho is wearing a Barca kit.
Thank you for this. What you are saying makes a lot more sense to me.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Nice post, makes it a lot more understandable .

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
So much cringe

:lol: please tell me you're joking
He's got a point. They're literally pushing women's football into men's . Like sky's been promoting women's games before every big matchday they broadcast because they know there's gonna be a huge amount of viewers seeing it. But they don't have the balls to create a separate channel for Women's sports/football because i'd go defunct in less than a year.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Seems like they had 2/3 concepts and meshed them together but pretty cool
Yeah, it's got a design-by-committee feel to it. The main concept works and I thought we were onto a winner after the first 30 seconds, but it fritters out as there's no real story around it. A couple of minutes after watching it I've pretty much forgotten the final couple of minutes of the advert.

Stadjer

So much cringe

He's got a point. They're literally pushing women's football into men's . Like sky's been promoting women's games before every big matchday they broadcast because they know there's gonna be a huge amount of viewers seeing it. But they don't have the balls to create a separate channel for Women's sports/football because i'd go defunct in less than a year.
It is not a Nike commercial for the mens World Cup but it is a Nike commercial during the mens World Cup. The target audience isnt just men who watch the World Cup but everyone who is watching the World Cup. That includes girls and women so Nike puts women in the commercial to also reach that (growing) target audience. Nicely added benefit is the political correctness of adding in women.

Totally expected that some men would complain about the inclusion of women into the commericial though :lol:

cafecillos

It's so, so sad that some people watch this rubbish and their first complaint is that there are a few women in it.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It is not a Nike commercial for the mens World Cup but it is a Nike commercial during the mens World Cup. The target audience isnt just men who watch the World Cup but everyone who is watching the World Cup. That includes girls and women so Nike puts women in the commercial to also reach that (growing) target audience. Nicely added benefit is the political correctness of adding in women.

Totally expected that some men would complain about the inclusion of women into the commericial though :lol:
Because it's not gonna have any effect at all. We've seen that with WNBA and with the US women's soccer team.
They're just trying to be progressive and portray women on the same level as men. But nobody's then watching them because quality wise it's like watching u10 boys.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
The Nike cage and the 2000s Adidas ad with the kid picking top players to play a match in his neighborhood, are the best football ads I've seen.

This kinda seems cringe, probably cause I'm not 12 anymore

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Miserable bunch o’ cnuts, I thought it was good fun.

Also no shock to see the pathetic whining about women being included.

Newtonius

Because it's not gonna have any effect at all. We've seen that with WNBA and with the US women's soccer team.
They're just trying to be progressive and portray women on the same level as men. But nobody's then watching them because quality wise it's like watching u10 boys.
Its fine you don't have to watch it for the football :drool:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Quality is from the 90s but still one of my fav adverts.

Edit: And some clown slaps a religious advert in the middle of the video frame halfway through to the end. Ugh.

It's Ronaldo Nazario shooting at goal nets in the wild.