Nikita Parris

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
First to state the obvious. On form, she's great to watch and was one of the first players who really caught my eye years ago when she played for City and england. She is not just WSL-proven, she's a proven trophy winner at the club level.

Then there are the misgivings - that start with her misjudged celebrations with other England players and Mark Sampson (when he'd just been accused of racism) but I know I'm being unfair - she has talked about regretting it since then and not all the players who backed Sampson have done that.

Sticking to the football. I'm hoping to see Leah Galton, Lucia Garcia, Alessia Russo, Ella Toone - I'm not sure where Parris fits. If the answer is it depends on her form (we need the 2019 Parris!) then that's great, we need depth, and if she can displace one of them or even just be a better sub option than Hanson and Clinton then I'll be pleased, she is a great player to watch. I just worry that bringing in someone on top wages and paying a transfer fee means Skinner sees her as a first choice starter and I'm not sure she can get back to that form.

In fact that's probably where a lot of my misgivings come from. We've also signed Rachel Williams and Adriana Leon - lots of squad depth reinforcement for the forward line. Lots of contracts still not renewed - crucially including those for Russo and Batlle. We know we've got a tight budget, so are we getting the priorities right?

Unless of course, United have had a look down the back of the sofa for the pocket money that fell out when Pogba etc left and have sent some new money to the women's team budget.

ForeverRed1

First to state the obvious. On form, she's great to watch and was one of the first players who really caught my eye years ago when she played for City and england. She is not just WSL-proven, she's a proven trophy winner at the club level.

Then there are the misgivings - that start with her misjudged celebrations with other England players and Mark Sampson (when he'd just been accused of racism) but I know I'm being unfair - she has talked about regretting it since then and not all the players who backed Sampson have done that.

Sticking to the football. I'm hoping to see Leah Galton, Lucia Garcia, Alessia Russo, Ella Toone - I'm not sure where Parris fits. If the answer is it depends on her form (we need the 2019 Parris!) then that's great, we need depth, and if she can displace one of them or even just be a better sub option than Hanson and Clinton then I'll be pleased, she is a great player to watch. I just worry that bringing in someone on top wages and paying a transfer fee means Skinner sees her as a first choice starter and I'm not sure she can get back to that form.

In fact that's probably where a lot of my misgivings come from. We've also signed Rachel Williams and Adriana Leon - lots of squad depth reinforcement for the forward line. Lots of contracts still not renewed - crucially including those for Russo and Batlle. We know we've got a tight budget, so are we getting the priorities right?

Unless of course, United have had a look down the back of the sofa for the pocket money that fell out when Pogba etc left and have sent some new money to the women's team budget.
Whatever we do we can’t lose Russo or battle, these two are essential to becoming more competitive… it’s a interesting signing, when we made it I did wonder where she would fit.

Eric_the_Red99

In red hot form, 15 goals in 18 matches for United this season, yet still no England call-up for Parris, not even for a friendly. :rolleyes:

Demon Barber

In red hot form, 15 goals in 18 matches for United this season, yet still no England call-up for Parris, not even for a friendly. :rolleyes:
I agree that her form deserves a call-up, but there is so much attacking strength in the England Women's team right now.