- Sep 6, 2013
He plays for Fiorentina is Serie A ( a league where defensive possession is rarer)https://fbref.com/en/players/bee704fc/scout/365_euro/Nikola-Milenkovic-Scouting-Report
Obligatory stats. Don't watch him at all so I'll just go through and break down notable stats.
Anyway, defensively it's hard to tell how good a defender is from analytics, but things like aerial success rate and ability at attacking set pieces and corners are easy to see. Enough of a difference in passing stats to say that it's a drop off from Lindelof/Maguire too.
- 96th percentile in aerial success rate, so very clearly a strength (Maguire is 93rd).
- 90+ percentile in xG as well for a CB, and 80+ in shots so that would mean he's a much bigger threat from corners than what we have now.
- For reference, Maguire is 98th for total shots but 27th for shots on target (misses the target loads), and 75th for xG. Milenkovic is 68th percentile for shots on target, so statistically a much bigger threat in the opposition box.
- Passing stats all way down from Maguire, so I wouldn't expect much influence in build up play. Much lower than Lindelof too for comparison
- Defensive stats all up, likely style related though, or possibly Milenkovic when he plays as a right back (not sure how frequent) would influence that.