Nikola Milenkovic

RUCK4444

I would totally do this deal if it mean he's available for 20 to 30m which gives us an opportunity to get a DM, ST & RW.

Milenkovic (assuming this deal can offset by the sale of Pereira and Lingard)
Haaland
Bissouma
Sancho
In one window and with the two biggest names coming from the same club??

Nickosaur

I would totally do this deal if it mean he's available for 20 to 30m which gives us an opportunity to get a DM, ST & RW.

Milenkovic (assuming this deal can offset by the sale of Pereira and Lingard)
Haaland
Bissouma
Sancho
And how likely are those 4 transfers in one window?

beingshe7don

In one window and with the two biggest names coming from the same club??
And how likely are those 4 transfers in one window?
Getting Sancho and Haaland is definitely unlikely but if United board wanted to show some sort of ambition especially if United end up 2nd and with a trophy, that could possibly happen. I mean that would get us sorted in those positions for about 7 years given those players want to remain at the club. Also, in Haaland, you get someone whose value will only increase which gives you a huge profit on your investment. Anyway, I can only dream. I can't think of any striker in world football whose as clinical as Haaland. The guy needs a half chance and he'll score.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If he’s an upgrade on what we have already and probably available for £20-£30 million due to having a year on his contract then it’s a no brainer, leaves more money to sign Sancho and a pure out and out defensive midfielder.
if he's only got a year left on his contract then 30m is way too much, should be looking at Telles money

davidmichael

if he's only got a year left on his contract then 30m is way too much, should be looking at Telles money
That’s why I said £20-£30 million mate, think Telles was £15 million wasn’t he ? Milenkovic is 23 years old though and still not in his prime so I’d imagine he’d cost a bit more than Telles.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Not seen much of him, is he a significant upgrade on Lindelof?
He's stylistically different to Lindelöf, so putting him in the lineup alongside either Maguire or Lindelöf will allow us to play higher up the pitch and deal with the opposition's pace better. If anything, I'd compare him directly to Bailly, and in that sense, he's just taller than Bailly but not necessarily better.

AgentSmith

He's stylistically different to Lindelöf, so putting him in the lineup alongside either Maguire or Lindelöf will allow us to play higher up the pitch and deal with the opposition's pace better. If anything, I'd compare him directly to Bailly, and in that sense, he's just taller than Bailly but not necessarily better.
A taller injury-free version of Bailly would be ideal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sounds perfect :(
He's 23. He can get better. He has the potential to be a great centre back. Given how he started off (as a right back), I'm not surprised with his current defensive weaknesses. Having said that, it's the same exact problem that both Upamecano and Koundé have, so he's not alone in that sense.

RUCK4444

He's 23. He can get better. He has the potential to be a great centre back. Given how he started off (as a right back), I'm not surprised with his current defensive weaknesses. Having said that, it's the same exact problem that both Upamecano and Koundé have, so he's not alone in that sense.
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated. I just worry why we are even interested if he is defensively questionable, we have a few like that already.

Bondi77

He's recently been linked to AC Milan. Besides that, not really as other teams already had good, young centre backs by the time he started to break through. For most of his time, he's been linked with United.
Apart from the story that arose when Jose went to watch an international involving Serbia and there was talk that he was looking at Milenkovic I have seen nothing substantial that we have any interest in him. So now he is nearing the end of his current contract and that combined with constant speculation about Lindelof not being good enough and The fitness of Bailly a link to Utd is formed.
Ole seems really happy with Victor and they are in negotiations with Eric so I think there is nothing here so let us move on to something with a little bit of credibility.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated. I just worry why we are even interested if he is defensively questionable, we have a few like that already.
No defender is flawless. Every defender has their role to perform, and if they do well enough, then they have to hope that the others perform their role. In Milenkovic's case, he performs his RCB role well enough, and his weaknesses are covered by Fiorentina's back 5 setup. Since he's mainly played as a right full back in a back 4, he'll take a bit of time to transition to a CB role, but the fundamentals are there (for a stopper, ball-winning role), so he's not going to be terrible.

Looks like a squad option if we're actually interested.
I'd expect this as well. He's pretty comfortable as a right back as he's played there for a couple of years (more than both Lindelöf and Bailly), so he'd be a serviceable option there, too.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Getting owned here by Jota. Out jumped for headed goal and then completely loses him for second.
In both cases, the ball goes to the far side, and Milenkovic loses awareness of what's around him. I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten better at that especially since he's played as an RCB for a good period of time.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's not having a great game do far. Lost Jota for both goals, looks slow.
First time I see him play so can't make a judgment but it's not a great first impression.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's not having a great game do far. Lost Jota for both goals, looks slow.
First time I see him play so can't make a judgment but it's not a great first impression.
To be honest, if you want to see what his weaknesses are, then this is the match to watch. In fairness, that's the problem with starting a senior football career as a full back. He doesn't have the same defensive instincts as other central defenders. Still, he has time, so he can still improve on that front.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Considering he is up against largely Prem level players here, it gives us a fair idea of how he will do.

He was pretty decent vs Ireland but crap today. His partner Stefan Mitrovic isn't brilliant either, so you can take that into account.

This is a great game now by the way :lol:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's fast for a 6'5" player. He's no rapid defender like Upamecano or Koundé, but for his height, he can keep up with quick players.
We've already got Maguire to be the big physical presence. I think we need a Rio, to partner our Vidic so to speak. Not that Maguire is anywhere near Vidic level, but you get what I mean. I think Upamacano is probably Bayern bound and I have reservations about Kounde, he's a bit lightweight for me, and we've already got one Lindelof! Although granted I have seen very little of them, from the players we have been linked to I'd favour Torres or Konate. Fofana at Leicester is one to keep an eye on, but the PL tax is heavy. France have an absolute embarrassments of riches at CB don't they.

Sorry to take the thread off topic. I heard Milenkovic had a bit of a mare today.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

If he is available on a free then sure worth a punt, but if you are spending big money then you are actively buying a taller but less talented Lindelof.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If he is available on a free then sure worth a punt, but if you are spending big money then you are actively buying a taller but less talented Lindelof.
He wouldn't be a bad Bailly replacement, though. Even if Bailly stays, he'll give us added depth and be the more aggressive, athletic defender that we'll need against certain opponents.

Also, you're really underselling his pace. There's a reason he started off playing as a right back for the first couple years of his senior career. He's faster than both Lindelöf and Maguire.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

He wouldn't be a bad Bailly replacement, though. Even if Bailly stays, he'll give us added depth and be the more aggressive, athletic defender that we'll need against certain opponents.

Also, you're really underselling his pace. There's a reason he started off playing as a right back for the first couple years of his senior career. He's faster than both Lindelöf and Maguire.
He is absolutely faster than Maguire. I'm not convinced he's faster than Lindelof. Definitely better in the air than Lindelof though

R'hllor

Well being better than Lindelof in the air aint some achievement, i mean guy ducks.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He is absolutely faster than Maguire. I'm not convinced he's faster than Lindelof. Definitely better in the air than Lindelof though
From what I've seen on him at Fiorentina, he's faster than Lindelöf. Victor compensates for that by doing a better job of blocking the dangerous running lanes and leading the dribbler away from the box.

Mylock

Nikola Milenkovic is no improvement on what we have already; it would be a big mistake if we wasted our budget on him. I'd be surprised if the rumours are not from his agent looking to drum up interest from Premier League teams.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So it's been decided on here that he's not good enough - or what we need - and Konate is heading to Liverpool. Who's left, Torres? Think the Caf also decided Koundé was not good enough either. Anyone else, Ben White? Is he as good as Leeds' desperation to sign him?

Ekeke

So it's been decided on here that he's not good enough - or what we need - and Konate is heading to Liverpool. Who's left, Torres? Think the Caf also decided Koundé was not good enough either. Anyone else, Ben White? Is he as good as Leeds' desperation to sign him?
They're all an improvement just varying degrees. Caf decided Upamacano isnt good enough after we played against him but hes good enough to go to the european champions. Nobody is going to be good enough to all posters

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They're all an improvement just varying degrees. Caf decided Upamacano isnt good enough after we played against him but hes good enough to go to the european champions. Nobody is going to be good enough to all posters
Yeah, Upamecano was the one I wanted. And I'm certain he'll change peoples opinions here when he starts winning titles with Bayern over the next decade. Shame that. We came close to signing him much earlier in his career, and I think we also were scouting Varane when he was at Lens.

Ekeke

Yeah, Upamecano was the one I wanted. And I'm certain he'll change peoples opinions here when he starts winning titles with Bayern over the next decade. Shame that. We came close to signing him much earlier in his career, and I think we also were scouting Varane when he was at Lens.
Yes we were heavily linked with Varane just after we signed Phil Jones. Seemed like we might not need another young CB, but as it turns out it would have been a good signing

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've got good news for you mate. We signed 16 year old Willy Kambwala from Sochaux, who like Upamecano at the time is one of the biggest talents in his age group. Sadly he's injured at the moment, but I'm very excited with his potential.