Nikola Milenkovic

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Serbian tower.....I see why Mourinho wants him!
Would be a fantastic signing. I would take him over Skriniar who will cost more. Think this signing will be of great benefit to Mourinho's replacement.

Good on the ball, good passing, strong in the air and surprisingly quick for someone who is 6'4 - 6'5. He has the makings of being an absolute stalwart.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Just hope we have done our homework here and not buying on a stereotype or similar. Dont like the fact that he plays right back at the moment.

Andersen plays on the left side of a central defence regularly for Sampdoria. Difficult to say who is the best player or the most promising, but I really like the intelligence and weight of pass on Andersen at times. Like Milenkovic he is big and dominant in the air too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just hope we have done our homework here and not buying on a stereotype or similar. Dont like the fact that he plays right back at the moment.

Andersen plays on the left side of a central defence regularly for Sampdoria. Difficult to say who is the best player or the most promising, but I really like the intelligence and weight of pass on Andersen at times. Like Milenkovic he is big and dominant in the air too.
Milenkovic is better than Andersen from what I've seen. Not even close.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Milenkovic is better than Andersen from what I've seen. Not even close.
When someone say stuff like «Not even close» I often get a bit sceptical. It sounds biased and makes me think there is an agenda. Its two players, at similar age, playing for clubs of similar level in the same league. It probably is close. And its really hard to compare. You need to see quite a bit and be very aware of that exact player to make an accurate assesment. A defender is so reliant on the system he plays in too and that can be difficult to take into account. Look at Lovren pre-Klopp and Lovren after Klopp. So how can you be so sure?!

I like both of them. But I do like that Andersen is the most dominant Sampdoria player in possession. And it probably speaks to his favour that he gets to play in central defence while Milenkovic is learning his trade (or something like that?) as a right back for most of the time. But of course, there might be a lot of reasons for that.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Looks like just another Lindelof type signing. Underwhelming. My opinion though before you guys come out with pitchforks.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Would be a fantastic signing. I would take him over Skriniar who will cost more. Think this signing will be of great benefit to Mourinho's replacement.

Good on the ball, good passing, strong in the air and surprisingly quick for someone who is 6'4 - 6'5. He has the makings of being an absolute stalwart.
Looks promising but my concern is he will turn him to another Fellaini.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
When someone say stuff like «Not even close» I often get a bit sceptical. It sounds biased and makes me think there is an agenda. Its two players, at similar age, playing for clubs of similar level in the same league. It probably is close. And its really hard to compare. You need to see quite a bit and be very aware of that exact player to make an accurate assesment. A defender is so reliant on the system he plays in too and that can be difficult to take into account. Look at Lovren pre-Klopp and Lovren after Klopp. So how can you be so sure?!

I like both of them. But I do like that Andersen is the most dominant Sampdoria player in possession. And it probably speaks to his favour that he gets to play in central defence while Milenkovic is learning his trade (or something like that?) as a right back for most of the time. But of course, there might be a lot of reasons for that.
I think what we need is someone who is good on the ball which both Milenkovic and Andersen are for sure. But Milenkovic has a clear physical advantage due to being quicker and stronger due his huge presence and that is gonna be of great benefit to us. I've been watching him since the WC and he doesn't seem to have any significant weaknesses which is quite impressive for someone who has just turned 21. He's also very versatile and has been playing at RB for Fiorentina since the sad passing of Davide Astori. Andersen from what I've seen is someone who is similar to Lindelof.

Just my opinion..

Kostov

I’m all for buying young talented and hungry players, but we have one in Tuanzebe. Why don’t we just recall him and play him instead?!

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think what we need is someone who is good on the ball which both Milenkovic and Andersen are for sure. But Milenkovic has a clear physical advantage due to being quicker and stronger due his huge presence and that is gonna be of great benefit to us. I've been watching him since the WC and he doesn't seem to have any significant weaknesses which is quite impressive for someone who has just turned 21. He's also very versatile and has been playing at RB for Fiorentina since the sad passing of Davide Astori. Andersen from what I've seen is someone who is similar to Lindelof.

Just my opinion..
Appreciate it. Did not intend to be rude. Just always surprised when someone appears to be that convinced about somet

Andersen is quite quick and very big too. Milenkovic is 195 cm. Andersen 192 cm. It do not make that big difference. (Their aerial stats are almost identical. 57 % win rate. 2,8 vs 2,6 aerials won.)

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Appreciate it. Did not intend to be rude. Just always surprised when someone appears to be that convinced about somet

Andersen is quite quick and very big too. Milenkovic is 195 cm. Andersen 192 cm. It do not make that big difference. (Their aerial stats are almost identical. 57 % win rate. 2,8 vs 2,6 aerials won.)
Does your username has anything to do with your apparent preference for Andersen? :p

Adnan

Talent Spotter

No offence taken mate

I think the stats are slightly skewered due to Milenkovic playing as a RB...

gza the genius

If we could somehow get him and Toby and get rid of Jones and Rojo that would be such a huge upgrade to our defense. Being comfortable at right back could be great as well as it would allow Dalot some time and let us phase out Valencia as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I agree. But at the same time, shouldnt that favour his win ratio?
Fiorentina are strong in that department with their regular CBs being quite dominant which leaves less for Milenkovic to deal with. But I'm not taking anything away from Andersen in that department either.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Please pass, now its not a time.
Now is a good time. He will have the rest of the season to settle into his new surroundings like Vidic did when we signed him in the January window. And he will then kick on under a new coach next season.

R'hllor

Now is a good time. He will have the rest of the season to settle into his new surroundings like Vidic did when we signed him in the January window. And he will then kick on under a new coach next season.
My resistance comes from me being selfish, i dont think its time, people are on edge here, wouldnt like to read mental bullshit in his performance thread. Dunno how others see it when it comes to players from their country playing in strongest leagues, i always wished them to do well ( vs us , do well but lose game ), because there are no many players from Serbia playing for strongest teams in strongest leagues etc. For example, even i am biggest shitter on Matic, still i am not enjoying writing mine or reading posts of others. Some might find that weird, guess its different if one of top 5 leagues is your domestic league. Sorry dont want to derail this thread.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
My resistance comes from me being selfish, i dont think its time, people are on edge here, wouldnt like to read mental bullshit in his performance thread. Dunno how others see it when it comes to players from their country playing in strongest leagues, i always wished them to do well ( vs us , do well but lose game ), because there are no many players from Serbia playing for strongest teams in strongest leagues etc. For example, even i am biggest shitter on Matic, still i am not enjoying writing mine or reading posts of others. Some might find that weird, guess its different if one of top 5 leagues is your domestic league. Sorry dont want to derail this thread.
I have a feeling you will like what our fans say about him. But i do understand your concerns.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Never seen him play but far more impressed with his YouTube highlights than I was with Lindelof for what it's worth. Whats his injury record like? It's a key attribute for any future centre back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mate, its what I see happening. Another tall player on the field, regardless of whether he's playing out of position. Mourinho's wet dream.
This forum has become so toxic and no conversation can be had without it turning into an anti JM thing. We clearly have another RB that Jose signed and rates. Let’s at least talk about how good or bad a centre half Milenkovic is, which is his natural position, and a position we all know JM has been trying to get a player in.

Wayne's World

Haven't watched much of Fiorentina this season but can anyone who weekly watches Serie A tell me what's he like?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Francesco Porzio who is part of Di Marzio's team runs the rule on 3 potential United CB targets. Skriniar, Milenkovic and Andersen. The vid is 3 weeks old but interesting...

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Fiorentina are strong in that department with their regular CBs being quite dominant which leaves less for Milenkovic to deal with. But I'm not taking anything away from Andersen in that department either.
Yes, but I ment percentage when I wrote ratio. I understand playing RB imply fewer aerial. At the same time, it could favour win %.

2,8 aerials won per 90 is high in Serie A anyway. In Serie A, Andersen is in top 10 among centre backs with 2,6 per 90 min.

Anyway, as I said, hope we have done our homework.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes, but I ment percentage when I wrote ratio. I understand playing RB imply fewer aerial. At the same time, it could favour win %.

2,8 aerials won per 90 is high in Serie A anyway. In Serie A, Andersen is in top 10 among centre backs with 2,6 per 90 min.

Anyway, as I said, hope we have done our homework.
Milenkovic wins 3.2 aerials when playing for Serbia at CB during the Nations League fixtures.

Fracture90

Yeah same for me. Would hate to see another big talent going to ruin (like Marković) just because he went to a big club too early. Besides Tuanzebe is already here, we shouldn't be aiming for Milenković at this moment.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Yeah same for me. Would hate to see another big talent going to ruin (like Marković) just because he went to a big club too early. Besides Tuanzebe is already here, we shouldn't be aiming for Milenković at this moment.
He is already playing for a really good side in a really strong league at a young age. It would not be that big of a jump for him.

Eric's Seagull

I can understand about signing him too early but there is a chance that he is going to be extremely hard to sign in the future if he keeps on improving at this rate. Also I've heard him quoted at £50m, in a couple of years with the way transfers are going that could easily double in price mate.

Fracture90

He is already playing for a really good side in a really strong league at a young age. It would not be that big of a jump for him.
Imo he needs those playing minutes he's getting now, that he would not be getting at UTD. More appropriate move would be for example Sevilla, Dortmund.