Nikola Milenkovic

Fracture90

I can understand about signing him too early but there is a chance that he is going to be extremely hard to sign in the future if he keeps on improving at this rate. Also I've heard him quoted at £50m, in a couple of years with the way transfers are going that could easily double in price mate.
I suppose so but that's only in case he re-signs with Fiorentina down the line, which is something I cannot see him doing if he keeps getting better and better.

My reasons are selfish because I love both my NT and UTD and want both of them to be successful.

Just feel that UTD move would be too big for him atm.

Eric's Seagull

I suppose so but that's only in case he re-signs with Fiorentina down the line, which is something I cannot see him doing if he keeps getting better and better.

My reasons are selfish because I love both my NT and UTD and want both of them to be successful.

Just feel that UTD move would be too big for him atm.
Can understand your point that you would want want one of your country men doing well and not want him to waste a promising career like so many footballers before him. I'll take your opinion mate that a move to United s too early in his career.....But one day, who knows?

Fracture90

That is a fair comment
Cheers homie.
Can understand your point that you would want want one of your country men doing well and not want him to waste a promising career like so many footballers before him. I'll take your opinion mate that a move to United s too early in his career.....But one day, who knows?
If he keeps improving, then yeah of course I'd love him at UTD!

Beaucoup

Imo he needs those playing minutes he's getting now, that he would not be getting at UTD. More appropriate move would be for example Sevilla, Dortmund.
How do you know he wouldn’t play? It’s not like he’s got loads of competition

Fracture90

How do you know he wouldn’t play? It’s not like he’s got loads of competition
Not Saturday he wouldn't get any playing time, but that he would be getting way less time he's getting now at Fiorentina.

He's just breaking through there and it's not even in his main position (which is CB), there's no great pressure on him there, something that wouldn't be the case here.

Fracture90

Hope so mate and hope he becomes a star at your NT although i have no connection, I really like seeing promising players making it in football.
Thanks mate, I'd be happy if he becomes a star for both UTD and my NT, just feels it's better if he takes his time.

Same goes for me mate, there's something special in seeing players fulfilling their potential.

Eric's Seagull

Thanks mate, I'd be happy if he becomes a star for both UTD and my NT, just feels it's better if he takes his time.

Same goes for me mate, there's something special in seeing players fulfilling their potential.
I think you could be right on that one mate as when Vidic came here, although he turned out to be a legend he took a bit of time to settle in.

If that had been now they would have probably got rid of him and he might never have developed into the great he came, so I fully understand what you mean mate.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Imo he needs those playing minutes he's getting now, that he would not be getting at UTD. More appropriate move would be for example Sevilla, Dortmund.
He will play plenty of games at United and most likely in his preferred position CB imo.

Fracture90

He will play plenty of games at United and most likely in his preferred position CB imo.
There's really no way of knowing that tbh, and it goes both ways.

I stand by my original opinion that it's too early for him to make the transition to a club of UTD's stature, especially considering we are in the market for a more experienced CB and we haven't even seen what a new manager can do with the CB's we already have.

Kostov

I stand by my original opinion that it's too early for him to make the transition to a club of UTD's stature, especially considering we are in the market for a more experienced CB and we haven't even seen what a new manager can do with the CB's we already have.
But we all know what they can do and what they can't do. Jones and Rojo need to leave, doesn't matter who is in charge.

Champagne Football

Matic will help him settle. He'd be a perfect January signing with hopefully Rojo going to Turkey or something to make way. When Vidic arrived he was the only Serbian in the first team so having a senior player already there from the same country can make a world of difference when it comes to settling quickly.

Fracture90

But we all know what they can do and what they can't do. Jones and Rojo need to leave, doesn't matter who is in charge.
Not really because our system was so dysfunctional it's hard to judge. Bailly looked like a real deal, a steal for the majority of time, up until he was not whilst Lindelof looked like dogshiit from the start, but started playing better up until his injury.

On Rojo and Jones I agree, during Mourinho's first season I was hoping we would cash in on Rojo's one season wonder form, but he got injured.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can always sign and loan back for a season. He looks very promising.

scoi

Not sure if he is the type of player we should be signing, has the potential to be a first teamer for a decade and from a financial point of view, cashing in on Jones or Rojo for a prospect is probably a good move.

But, with the likes of TFM and Tuanzebe coming through, unless a younger CB has the obvious promise of being a top class player then it doesn't solve today's problems.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

You can make a judgement based on watching him play. And after watching him for a period of time, i deduce he will play more than enough for us.

Fracture90

You can make a judgement based on watching him play. And after watching him for a period of time, i deduce he will play more than enough for us.
I'll hafto disagree, especially considering Tuanzebe is doing great at Villa.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'll hafto disagree, especially considering Tuanzebe is doing great at Villa.
That's fine mate and I rate Tuanzebe aswell. But imo Milenkovic will be a huge upgrade on at least three of our current CBs Rojo, Jones, and Lindelof. Would also give us a alternate option to Smalling who is quite limited on the ball.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Just saved Fiorentina from conceding just before half time with a goal line clearance.

sam147

Could be a solid addition for us. Even if Jones plays like Vidic the next few games he should get sold because of his injury record. Smalling needs to go as well. Rojo too. This lad would be perfect. He is used to playing RB so he is comfortable when having to cover the wide areas. He is great on the ball. And he is great in the air which all our CBs lack apart from Smalling. Great all round CB. Ideally we sign him and Alderweireld. Leaving us with Bailly, Lindelof, Toby and Him. Lindelof has performed well but is still suspect physically and Bailly has injury problems so we need someone consistent.

Kidders

The only issue I would have with Milenkovic is that he prefers playing right centre back, same as all our current ones except Rojo (who most people want rid of) I would prefer a left footed CB

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Would like him here. Think we need a cleanup of some of our centre back options and go into next season fresh.

Jones, Rojo out.
Milenkovic and Maguire in.

Lindelof
Bailly
Smalling
Maguire
Milenkovic

I think it would be better for Tuenzebe to be on loan again next season, preferably to a premier league club as part of his development.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If Tuanzebe is good enough, he needs a loan to a Prem club next season.
I'd trim our defence of Valencia, Darmian, Rojo and Jones to be honest.

I'd even look at Smalling somewhat as somebody who needs to go, but he's just signed a contract.

Lindelof did great yesterday, I hope it continues, but I'll judge that in a few weeks / months.

As it stands, our defenders are a long way off a Rio / Vidic partnership. Ya know, a premier league winning defence.

I think we need two big, proven defenders with Lindelof and Bailly as backups (Unless Lindelof excels)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Tuanzebe is good enough, he needs a loan to a Prem club next season.
I'd trim our defence of Valencia, Darmian, Rojo and Jones to be honest.

I'd even look at Smalling somewhat as somebody who needs to go, but he's just signed a contract.

Lindelof did great yesterday, I hope it continues, but I'll judge that in a few weeks / months.

As it stands, our defenders are a long way off a Rio / Vidic partnership. Ya know, a premier league winning defence.

I think we need two big, proven defenders with Lindelof and Bailly as backups (Unless Lindelof excels)
I'm not Smallings biggest fan but he's the last player we should get rid of currently.

Nick.

I've seen people say we should get this Milenkovic but really shouldn't we just splash out on Skriniair or Koulibaly? Hell even Alderweireld for £25m in the summer seems like a good deal to me. Imagine selling Jones, Rojo and Smalling and getting Alderweireld + Koulibaly for £105-110m or so. That would be transformative. Just dump Mata, Darmian and maybe one more player to ensure our wages don't get too out of control. And that isn't even an entirely fantasyland possibility if we really went for it. I just don't think Milenkovic could possibly be what we need yet.

Utdstar01

I've seen people say we should get this Milenkovic but really shouldn't we just splash out on Skriniair or Koulibaly? Hell even Alderweireld for £25m in the summer seems like a good deal to me. Imagine selling Jones, Rojo and Smalling and getting Alderweireld + Koulibaly for £105-110m or so. That would be transformative. Just dump Mata, Darmian and maybe one more player to ensure our wages don't get too out of control. And that isn't even an entirely fantasyland possibility if we really went for it. I just don't think Milenkovic could possibly be what we need yet.
Skrinier or Koulibaly you'd be paying way over the odds. Milenkovic we'd be able to get cheaper and we'd get more years out of him. If our scouting team are sure then why not.

izec

Would like him here. Think we need a cleanup of some of our centre back options and go into next season fresh.

Jones, Rojo out.
Milenkovic and Maguire in.

Lindelof
Bailly
Smalling
Maguire
Milenkovic

I think it would be better for Tuenzebe to be on loan again next season, preferably to a premier league club as part of his development.
Trade Maguire for Toby and i agree. Maguire and Milenkovic will be too expensive i feel, so Toby for 25m in the summer would be a good deal with his experience

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Looks good each time I see him.

Good mix of attributes.... height/heading, pace, timely tackles. Don't see any of our current CHs with all of them.

Can play RB too. If Valencia goes (hopefully), gives a cover option.

If we can get rid of Jones and Rojo (and Valencia), the drop in wages (plus the few £m we'd get for them) would cover the cost.

With Smalling, Bailly and Lindelof, plenty of opportunity to get plenty of minutes ...... he's only 21, Smalling will be gone in a couple of years.

Koulibaly may be better/proven but would also cost a fortune and after say.... a four year contract, he's 31, worth little.

Alderweireld also proven but nearly 30 and we know that Levy would have Woodward for breakfast and we'd probably end up paying £50m and Woodward saying he'd got a bargain.

Milenkovic isn't proven but if we wait for proven players, they either go to another (currently successful club), cost us a fortune or we have to give them silly wages which causes issues when we want rid.

Maybe we take a (slightly) calculated risk and buy a younger player with good ability and decent prospect. Buy for the future, not just for a season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Koulibaly would be a brilliant signing, but would cost a ridiculously high fee. Skriniar would cost alot too and imo isn't as good as the transfer fee would suggest. Milenkovic is better than Skriniar in aerial duels and can operate quite comfortably as a RB which Skriniar struggled with. Milenkovic is also quicker than Skriniar which makes the young Serb a extremely interesting prospect. Milenkovic will surpass Skriniar in 2 years imo.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
La Rebublicca in Italy which is a very reliable source when it comes to Italian clubs, reported yesterday that the players agent Fali Ramadhani is working on securing a €50m deal for his client to move to Manchester United. Fiorentina on the other hand want to keep the player until the end of the season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I hope that’s true, would be a great addition to the squad. If we could then get Toby in the summer, I’d be very confident in our back 4/5

the chameleon

Koulibaly would be a brilliant signing, but would cost a ridiculously high fee. Skriniar would cost alot too and imo isn't as good as the transfer fee would suggest. Milenkovic is better than Skriniar in aerial duels and can operate quite comfortably as a RB which Skriniar struggled with. Milenkovic is also quicker than Skriniar which makes the young Serb a extremely interesting prospect. Milenkovic will surpass Skriniar in 2 years imo.
I’m not sure. He might do so! I can’t argue with that. But all I say is that we’ve had too many players in defence who might become something. But none of them have quite done so. Smalling and Jones never quite reached the level we were hoping them to be. Lindelof and Bailly might do so. This has left us with a weak central defence. We need someone who can make an immediate impact like Van Djik has.

Can Milinkovic come in and hit the ground running?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’m not sure. He might do so! I can’t argue with that. But all I say is that we’ve had too many players in defence who might become something. But none of them have quite done so. Smalling and Jones never quite reached the level we were hoping them to be. Lindelof and Bailly might do so. This has left us with a weak central defence. We need someone who can make an immediate impact like Van Djik has.

Can Milinkovic come in and hit the ground running?
I don't think we should expect anyone to hit the ground running with the exception of Koulibaly imo.