Nikola Milenkovic

3KDré

Not particularly impressed when I've seen him. We have enough CB projects, go buy a ready made one to lead this defence like we have needed since Vidic and Rio both gave in to father time.
Neither Rio nor Vidic came in the finished product. In fact, I would argue no defender at any top club bar PSG with Thiago Silva were bought as one of the best in the world/ ready-made without improving. No one expected Van Dijk to be as good as he has been before you mention him.

OleGunnar20

I've only really seen highlights of him, but he seems to be the right profile CB to partner Lindelof, good age and a reasonable price if true.

I'd prefer this to getting bent over by Leicester for Maguire that's for sure.

Lindelof / Milenkovic / Tuanzebe / Smalling / Whoever of the crocks we can't shift - Feels like an exciting stable of CB's to me.

R'hllor

Just saying if people wanna judge players from Serbia on their performances in their clubs, go ahead, national team on other hand is pure waste of time.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Ehh, back in the days 50 mil euro got you Milenkovic-Savic, now you can get only Milenkovic. World's gone crazy.

izec

Neither Rio nor Vidic came in the finished product. In fact, I would argue no defender at any top club bar PSG with Thiago Silva were bought as one of the best in the world/ ready-made without improving. No one expected Van Dijk to be as good as he has been before you mention him.
Van Dijk was one of the best Cbs in the league. He improved, he is the best now, but he was at a high level before. There is a reason why Liverpool wanted him badly and 'overpaid'.

Just saying. We need a more finished product than another project, but above all we need a new CB. Any CB that is better than the chumps we have.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Has been mentioned in a couple transfer threads that his release clause is 45M (not sure if euro or pound).

If there is a release clause then surely the club would just trigger that versus making a bid. Right?

flappyjay

Would they want Rojo on top that 40m, cause that would help us a great deal. Serie A teams seem to like player+money exchanges

IrishRedDevil

€50m is £45m. We could get Milenkovic and Alderweireld (£25m) for the same as our rejected Maguire bid.

Alderweireld would add much needed experience in the short term and Milenkovic is one for the future at 21 years old.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I didn't mention that either were finished when we signed them, I said we haven't had one since them.

Regardless I'm not sure how you're comparing Milenkovic to the likes of Rio, Vidic and Van Dijk. They were all far more experienced international footballers.

Milenkovic has only started playing CB for Foirentina this season. Played loads of RB before that. So this guy is going to be the one to lead our shambles of defence? May as well give Axel Tuanzabe a chance.

klayton88

Has been mentioned in a couple transfer threads that his release clause is 45M (not sure if euro or pound).

If there is a release clause then surely the club would just trigger that versus making a bid. Right?
Probably is 45m release clause. Ed's preparing an opening bid for 65m.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Our first offer should’ve been a 3 year loan with an obligation to buy for 30m, in installments.
That’s how Italian clubs do business, 40m as our first offer is way to high, although he’s a good player.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
€50m is £45m. We could get Milenkovic and Alderweireld (£25m) for the same as our rejected Maguire bid.

Alderweireld would add much needed experience in the short term and Milenkovic is one for the future at 21 years old.
Sounds ok to me.

Obligatory YouTube compilation.

Seems strong, decent in the air and fast.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Don't know much about the lad, but seems highly rated. Could I have a summary of him by someone who has seen more than YouTube videos please?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Bloody hell we get linked with alot of players. Wonder who we will be linked with tomorrow
Di Marzio has linked us (though unconfirmed as of yet). For that we should take it seriously).

OleGunnar20

I didn't mention that either were finished when we signed them, I said we haven't had one since them.

Regardless I'm not sure how you're comparing Milenkovic to the likes of Rio, Vidic and Van Dijk. They were all far more experienced international footballers.

Milenkovic has only started playing CB for Foirentina this season. Played loads of RB before that. So this guy is going to be the one to lead our shambles of defence? May as well give Axel Tuanzabe a chance.
A guy with a frame like that seems completely wasted at RB. He's not that quick either is he?

My gut feeling is that he'd work well next to Lindelof / Tuanzebe, perhaps rotated with Smalling until he finds his feet.

It's got a nice balance to it that selection. Two aerially dominant options and two ball-playing options, three of whom have lots of potential.

Works for me.

Edit: these are the new owners who said nobody would be going cheap right? €50m hardly seems like a gouge in this market, surprising if true.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Smokescreen for McGuire?

I prefer this lads name. Please be good and sign for us. The time to sign McGuire was when he was leaving hull. Scouts! Pull the finger out. We don’t want every good young player, just the ones that we would end up bidding a lot of money for after a good season or 2 and who could have come in as young lads and pushed our dross out.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I mean, it makes sense. If you’re getting lowballed for your players by Italian clubs with no money, go and do your shopping in Serie A since they’re all clearly broke. Far better value than the PL.

We’ve obviously scouted him like mad since we wanted him last summer, he’s young and fits the profile, plus he’s a hard as feck Serbian centre back. What’s not to like?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wouldn’t we prefer someone who plays left side?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's strong aerially standing at 6'5 with the potential to get even better in that regard. For such a tall CB he's surprisingly very quick and also good on the ball.

At the age of 21 he's not the finished article and isn't as good as Maguire right now. But I can see him being better than the Leicester man with a couple of seasons in the EPL.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is he as the same level as Skriniar?
No... rated pretty highly, though young. Kinda like Lindelof was a few years ago. Or Bailly before we signed him. Or Jones before we signed him. That's why I want a CB who is ready now to be the main guy. De Ligt is young but quality wise is that leader type, but obviously that's not happening. All of our centerbacks are "second" center backs, the one's who need a main guy to be the leader next to them, but Milenkovic I'm worried would be just another one of the same. Pretty good, but not quite what's needed.

Zoo

We’re making a lot of enquiries. Ed must be based at Scotland Yard.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was strongly linked under Mourinho wasn't he?

Fiorentina really declined second half of the season, went from comfortable mid table to nearly getting relegated last game. Not saying it's all his fault but their defensive stats weren't too hot in that period.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Smokescreen for slabhead
Usually I’d agree, but when the club doesn’t need the money is it really a useful tactic?

If this was Bruno Fernandes and Sporting Lisbon I could see them sweating over a smokescreen, because they need the money. But Leicester don’t, and they seem sincere when they say they don’t need to sell and want him to stay.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This chap has the potential to be the physically imposing CB I believe the club have been looking for. Many Serie A observers consider the Serb to have a higher ceiling than Milan Skriniar.