Nikola Milenkovic

Adnan

Talent Spotter
SkyItalia (DiMarzio) are reporting our interest in the 21 year old Serbian player who currently plays for Fiorentina.

From the little I've seen of him he looks quite impressive for a 21 year old CB who is very good on the ball and very strong in the air standing at 6ft 5in tall.

He's played alot of games for Fiorentina at RB and is very versatile but he's definitely a CB in the long term and I think he'll be a cracking purchase if we can get him.

United Pro

Looks like the profile of signing Woodward would be happy with. From the little I've seen of him, I'm not sure about his ball playing ability but he looks solid defensively.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Milenkovic alone just can't solve our problems. We need some experience first. Imagine if he comes in and makes a Lindelof kind of start.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Milenkovic alone just can't solve our problems. We need some experience first. Imagine if he comes in and makes a Lindelof kind of start.
Lindelof I watched a fair bit before we signed him and wasn't impressed. Stephen Howson of fulltime devils was also quite critical of the Swedish players capability of playing for us and the video is still floating around if anyone is interested.

I very much doubt Skriniar or Koulibaly will be allowed to leave in the January transfer window. I personally think we should try and sign Milenkovic from Fiorentina in January and go all out for either Skriniar or Koulibaly in the summer. We should be able to do that with players going out too.

ayushreddevil9

Lindelof I watched a fair bit before we signed him and wasn't impressed. Stephen Howson of fulltime devils was also quite critical of the Swedish players capability of playing for us and the video is still floating around if anyone is interested.

I very much doubt Skriniar or Koulibaly will be allowed to leave in the January transfer window. I personally think we should try and sign Milenkovic from Fiorentina in January and go all out for either Skriniar or Koulibaly in the summer. We should be able to do that with players going out too.
Yeah but that won't help our season really. We need use the winter window properly.

Ekeke

Expecting him. Dont think he's particularly good on the ball, Lindelof level maybe. But he's doing a decent job at CB and if you give it another season he might be fetching the same price as someone like Skriniar. So I expect he's about as good a CB as we'll be able to buy in Jan. Fiorentina also have a strong CB partnership when he plays at RB so they'll be fine without him and far more willing to talk than most clubs with a good CB.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

cheeky_backheel

Howson was talking so much nonsense about Lindelof that raised questions about if had ever seen Lindelof play e.g. he claimed Lindelof was a RCB when in truth he played LCB for Benfica and Luisao was on the right. He also claimed that there was nothing to Lindelof being able to play out from the back cos most defenders can play out from the back. The funniest part was when he called him a swedish john stones, like if stones was some bad defender.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Howson was talking so much nonsense about Lindelof that raised questions about if had ever seen Lindelof play e.g. he claimed Lindelof was a RCB when in truth he played LCB for Benfica and Luisao was on the right. He also claimed that there was nothing to Lindelof being able to play out from the back cos most defenders can play out from the back. The funniest part was when he called him a swedish john stones, like if stones was some bad defender.
My point was that myself, Howson and other United fans were quite doubtful regarding Lindelof's potential ability to come into our first 11. But I feel Milenkovic would be a better bet in comparison.

AgentP

Looks like a good defender. We should get him before his price shoots up.

meamth

Better than Vidic?

I mean, this is the ruthless Vidic we're talking about. His tackles were hard af. Are you sure Stankovic?

EDIT:
Just watched the video, 2 minutes in I already noticed how often he likes to slide his tackles.

Good stuff. His physical ability might surpass Vidic I suppose..

ayushreddevil9

I am at least glad that we are scouting ball playing CBs

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think he would be a good signing. He is tall and quite comfortable with the ball which is why he was able to excel both at RB and CB. He needs to bulk up a bit and his positioning isn't perfect yet but that's fair enough due to his age

If i had my way id add both milenkovic and andersen then sell off rojo and jones. Milenkovic would offer something different to what dalot offers (a wes brown type of fb). Meanwhile i can see andersen becoming an upgrade version of smalling. The three (lindelof, milenkovic, smalling/andersen would release shaw to be an evra type of fb)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just watched the video, 2 minutes in I already noticed how often he likes to slide his tackles.

Good stuff. His physical ability might surpass Vidic I suppose..
I like defenders who stay on their feet. It's one thing I don't like about Bailly. Otamendi is another example.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Irrational.

cheeky_backheel

My point was that myself, Howson and other United fans were quite doubtful regarding Lindelof's potential ability to come into our first 11. But I feel Milenkovic would be a better bet in comparison.
but adding Howson's opinion takes away some credibility from the doubts.

meamth

I like defenders who stay on their feet. It's one thing I don't like about Bailly. Otamendi is another example.
Have you seen Vidic? :lol:

He was the aggressor, Rio was the calm tackler. I missed them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Serious underratting of Vidic in this thread :lol: the guy basically never lost a header, I think I could count on 1 hand across his entire United career.

I remember one match against Everton I think it was, they kept launching long balls and he would just ping them straight back :lol: best header I can remember.

Handré1990

Serious underratting of Vidic in this thread :lol: the guy basically never lost a header, I think I could count on 1 hand across his entire United career.

I remember one match against Everton I think it was, they kept launching long balls and he would just ping them straight back :lol: best header I can remember.
Definitely! If he becomes anywhere near as good as Vidic it will be a great piece of business.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

He was absolutely incredible. Even today, I wouldn't pick any CB partnership I've seen in football over Rio and Vidic.

The way he used to dominate any delivery into the box was plain silly.

Kostov

Definitely! If he becomes anywhere near as good as Vidic it will be a great piece of business.
He was absolutely incredible. Even today, I wouldn't pick any CB partnership I've seen in football over Rio and Vidic.

The way he used to dominate any delivery into the box was plain silly.
Please fecking stop, both of you. I'm going to fall into depression just thinking about our CBs come Saturday.

Robbie Boy

He's great in FM19 came highly recommended to me. Basically I'm saying we should sign him.

Denis79

I watched him play quite alot here in Serbia since I am a Partizan fan and he did look promising but he is not Vidic, very differen't player. He's better on the ball but his positioning is lacking which puts him in akward situations. In the air he can't even compare to Vidic but he's fearless and very physical. He doesn't get wrestled of the ball easily.

I haven't seen more than one or two games with Fiorentina since he joined them so I can't say how well he's doing there but he's done well enough in our national team.

He does have potential and clearly has talent, he'll never be Vidic though. Most of us here in Serbia believe he can become really good though.

Edit: One thing that I forgot to add is that he rises to the occassion. Big games, world-cup etc he seems to get better. For me he was one of our best players in the WC. Important games with Partizan he always played well. Think it shows he has the mentality to handle pressure.

Last edited:

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
He is clueless. By far the most clueless on that channel and spouts so much nonsense.