Nikola Milenkovic

croadyman

I think he will be a great signing - fast, good in one-on-ones, dominant in the air and is a goal threat from set pieces. He favours the right side as a CB so HM will have to continue playing on the left, which I think is ok. Think his contract is up soon so he is definitely actionable as a target for a reasonable price.
Very true but absolutely convinced we are going to wait until the summer. Still would love Ramos for a couple of years but never happening

Red_toad

Yeah for that sort of figure I think it's worth bringing him in
If we’re losing Jones and Rojo, then we’ll need more cover, as Axel and Eric aren’t the most reliable back ups. He may well take Lindelof’s place if he performs as well as he can. I like him as a player, good on the ball, great in the air, decent pace and improved a lot over the past few years.

croadyman

If we’re losing Jones and Rojo, then we’ll need more cover, as Axel and Eric aren’t the most reliable back ups. He may well take Lindelof’s place if he performs as well as he can. I like him as a player, good on the ball, great in the air, decent pace and improved a lot over the past few years.
Do you think we will finally manage to get them off the books in January,we certainly look more assured in that defence with pace

dev1l

Imo it s very difficult that we sign Milenkovic, as reportedly we are looking at CBs with pace.
Milenkovic is not the fastest player around.
I see him more of a backup for Maguire.

Upamecano, Konate and Torres more likely to fit our requirements. (Upamecano seems Bayern bound).

Torres is a possibility - apparently he s highly rated by our scouts

Red_toad

Imo it s very difficult that we sign Milenkovic, as reportedly we are looking at CBs with pace.

Upamecano, Konate and Torres more likely to fit our requirements. (Upamecano seems Bayern bound).

Odd how you name 2 other none speed merchant defenders as better options. Plus Torres would get eaten alive in the premier league. For 20 million it’d be a no brainer.

dev1l

Do you think we will finally manage to get them off the books in January,we certainly look more assured in that defence with pace
Rojo s contract is up till end of the season. So I can see the club agreeing to let him leave on a free.
Jones situation is more complicated. Most probably he LL be loaned out with us forking part of his wages- similar to sanchez deal.
I read a rumour about Bailly being offered to Villarreal as a part of a deal to sign Torres - I saw it as a bit far fetched

croadyman

Rojo s contract is up till end of the season. So I can see the club agreeing to let him leave on a free.
Jones situation is more complicated. Most probably he LL be loaned out with us forking part of his wages- similar to sanchez deal.
I read a rumour about Bailly being offered to Villarreal as a part of a deal to sign Torres - I saw it as a bit far fetched
Yeah wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney take Jones on loan and can't see us letting Bailly go in exchange for Torres

croadyman

According to Ducker's latest article we have reservations about signing Dayot and now looking elsewhere,also we are not interested in Alaba either.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is farfetched but would be great. Allows us to get a LCB to take Bailly's spot which opens us space for a RCB spot in the future (for a younger CB later down the line).

izec

Konate would be good. Milenkovic i wouldnt be against, would suit the league.

Upamecano has disappointed me this season and Torres doesn't look like a PL CB at the moment. He would need a lot of time to adjust physically.

croadyman

Upamecano has disappointed me this season and Torres doesn't look like a PL CB at the moment. He would need a lot of time to adjust physically.
Would definitely have to wait until the summer for Konate,however reckon other targets could be signed in January. Personally I want us to buy one in this window as think there are enough quality options available.

AneRu

Looking at we need for other areas of the team in the next two or so windows I'd argue that Milenkovic makes the most economic sense.

Suppose one of our punts for the RW shows promise we still need a DM, a commanding CB and possibly a striker given that Martial blows hot and cold. Spending any fee approaching £50m on a CB would take the bill for the three positions to £200m over two summer windows but the €25m being touted on Milenkovic gives us some room to work with if we get him.

Devil81

I know it's stupid to gauge opinion from a computer game but why do the lads at EA rate him so badly.

Think they have him at 75 or something crap, it's not like he's not been known for some time.

Devil may care

If the report in the Athletic is accurate and we are only bringing in 2 players this summer, a CB and a Striker, and only one of them will be top drawer and the other will be an average cheapie, then this would be the latter so I'd expect the one decent outlay to be on the Striker.

Godfather

Never seen him play but his Youtube comps look really good. Seems strong, tall and pretty quick. Based on that, sign him.

croadyman

If the report in the Athletic is accurate and we are only bringing in 2 players this summer, a CB and a Striker, and only one of them will be top drawer and the other will be an average cheapie, then this would be the latter so I'd expect the one decent outlay to be on the Striker.
So if CB is the cheapie then who will the decent outlay be on

ShinjiNinja26

Can’t say I’ve seen much of this guy so may be doing him a disservice but he seems like a “B” option CB instead of going out and trying to get the best one out there. Just get that vibe with this rumour.

romufc

As long as he is quick and can head a ball, will be an improvement to Lindelof.

croadyman

Can’t say I’ve seen much of this guy so may be doing him a disservice but he seems like a “B” option CB instead of going out and trying to get the best one out there. Just get that vibe with this rumour.
Could live with that if we could got a decent striker, not going to bother suggesting a top class DM because clearly the club don't give a toss about addressing this issue so no point in wasting my breath

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
yup I also get the feeling he’s plan B and weve been stung going for lindelof and Bailly instead of just shelling out for maguire back in the day. We could have had both for the price we ended up paying for Maguire...

SAFMUTD

Im not convinced about him, I havent watch him play but there's no fuss about him and no other top teams seem interested. We already have average/goodish CBs, we need a great one.

Bebestation

I think there's 2 aspects to this if true :

First is that we are going heavy on the attacking areas - rumours we want a ST and a RW in the same reason. Maybe even a CDM is possible if our CB doesn't cost much.

2nd reason is that we feel that we dont really need this world class 65+ million in our defence and what we really need is just an improvement on Lindelof"s lack of proactivity and a more readily available player to Bailly.

croadyman

I think there's 2 aspects to this if true :

First is that we are going heavy on the attacking areas - rumours we want a ST and a RW in the same reason. Maybe even a CDM is possible if our CB doesn't cost much.

2nd reason is that we feel that we dont really need this world class 65+ million in our defence and what we really need is just an improvement on Lindelof"s lack of proactivity and a more readily available player to Bailly.
Would scrap any hopes of us signing a DM

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We have competition for his signature.

I'm surprised that the Florentine news outlets haven't reported much on other suitors. The majority of their reporting has been about United and how we're the favourites to sign him. This, however, is indicating that Dortmund are taking the first steps towards a formal offer for the player.

Tallis

Im not convinced about him, I havent watch him play but there's no fuss about him and no other top teams seem interested. We already have average/goodish CBs, we need a great one.
A bit like Bruno ?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Strong, quick, good passer, and can head the ball. He's also young.

Bebestation

Has there been any notice of him being one of those sneaky players willing to accept a contract with another club so he can move free in a years time? Or is he wanting to leave this year right now?

It would be great to get something like that in the first team after a long time - especially as he isnt exactly an unknown player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter