Nikola Milenkovic

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've been talking up this young 21 year old CB for some time now and he hasn't let me down yet.

For someone so young he's displaying remarkable maturity in Serie A. Physically strong, excellent in the air standing at 6'5 and is surprisingly quick too. Also very good on the ball and fearless when going into challenges which makes him a brilliant prospect with a very well rounded skillset. We were reported to have had a bid rejected by Fiorentina under Mourinho. And I personally see immense upside in a Maguire-Milenkovic pairing which far exceeds any combo we have right now.

Earlier this evening Fiorentina played Juventus and Milenkovic once against showed why he is labelled the 'Serbian Tower' up against Cristiano Ronaldo.

Denis79

He is inconsistent. Got dropped for Serbia after a bad Portugal game
No one ever plays well for our national team. We've had top class players in Europe who look like sunday league players the second they put on the shirt.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is inconsistent. Got dropped for Serbia after a bad Portugal game
Like @Denis79 said and mentioned before by another Serbian Caf member, that the Serbian NT has grave structural issues which have greatly impacted upon their players. But what's telling is that at 21 he's considered amongst the best CBs in Serie A currently.

JustABall

No one ever plays well for our national team. We've had top class players in Europe who look like sunday league players the second they put on the shirt.
Mitrović turns into Gerd Müller in the red of Serbia. Tadić has been pretty good overall too.

But I get you, you have wasted a lot of talented players since circa 2005/2006. Haha.

Ekeke

I only saw the first half but that was definitely not a one man show. The whole Fiorentina team pressed well and were impressive. The 3 man backline was comfortable with only Caceres making some fouls. New signings Pulgar especially and Ribery were both effective. Castrovilli had a few good moments going forward too for a young man. Milenkovic mainly just had to make a handful of clearances.

Maybe in the second half he had a bit more to do? I dont know.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I only saw the first half but that was definitely not a one man show. The whole Fiorentina team pressed well and were impressive. The 3 man backline was comfortable with only Caceres making some fouls. New signings Pulgar especially and Ribery were both effective. Castrovilli had a few good moments going forward too for a young man. Milenkovic mainly just had to make a handful of clearances.

Maybe in the second half he had a bit more to do? I dont know.
He was even better in the second half with Juve pushing for the win.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Wanted to sign him this summer. Hope we go back next year.Given lot of top teams will be looking for a CB, he wouldn't be short of offers.

Key point is Florentina now has new owners and they dont need money.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Started of the season with a good game this weekend. One to keep an eye on this season?

I think next summer will be good timing for a club looking to bring in a center back. Experience at senior level is underrated for CBs, and I do think getting that experience at a club at a younger age where you are under less scrutiny than at Man Utd is good. By the end of this season players like Milenkovic and Upamecano will have played more than 12 000 minutes at CB and will be at a perfect age for the next step (23-24 year old). Their contract situation will also be favourable for a buyer (one year left for Milenkovic, clause for Upamecano).