Gaming Nintendo Switch

Member 39557

Last edited by a moderator:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
From the rumours that have come out, nothing has convinced me this will be the console to put Nintendo back into the console war. With that said, Nintendo are the masters at innovating and succeeding.

RedMist99

Really disappointed in Nintendo. I always buy their consoles but the Wii U was a big let down.

I bought a console for Mario Kart. Not cool

Member 39557

There have been all sorts of rumours. Some say it's cartridge based, others say it has controllers that detach from the main body. I'm interested as to what it will be.

Heardy

Some great games on Nintendo - would love to see a console with the power of the PS4 generation.

The Wii / Wii-U were not for me to be honest, but will definitely be intrigued to see what they do with a new console.

*crosses fingers for an open world pokemon game*

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Some great games on Nintendo - would love to see a console with the power of the PS4 generation.

The Wii / Wii-U were not for me to be honest, but will definitely be intrigued to see what they do with a new console.

*crosses fingers for an open world pokemon game*
its been already pretty much confirmed that their new console will not be as powerful as the xbone or ps4

They aint going for power. Its meant to be a hybrid handheld and home console that can be docked

I kind of hope it bombs for selfish reasons. I would love to see Nintendo become purely a game developer, and release their stuff to sony and MS

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
its been already pretty much confirmed that their new console will not be as powerful as the xbone or ps4

They aint going for power. Its meant to be a hybrid handheld and home console that can be docked

I kind of hope it bombs for selfish reasons. I would love to see Nintendo become purely a game developer, and release their stuff to sony and MS
That's the dream. I dont want to buy a console just to play Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
NINTENDO SWITCH

• The design looks really good, really sleek and simplistic. When I saw the Wii U gamepad for the first time in real life I knew it would look dated in a few years but this looks much more mature and shouldn't age so fast.
  • I like the way the pads detach from the main gamepad and make it into a tablet, on the other hand those pads look really small so those of you with big hands won't enjoy it
  • They showed off a traditional gamepad which I hope is included but knowing Nintendo this will be an extra

Last edited:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Terrible trailer, largely uninteresting design, worrying hardware (Zelda's framerate... Aghh, it hurts), trying to sell splitscreen on a small tablet screen?

Hype lost :(

Member 39557

Good idea, just depends on the specs/implementation.

Splatoon without the gamepad dependency! :drool:

MTF

Never been a mobile gamer, so the concept is silly to me. But I'm not the Nintendo consumer to begin with... opinions from those who are would be welcome.

Member 39557

It certainly seems to have more developer support than the Wiiu started with.

Developers can design their games supporting a variety of play styles which gives gamers the freedom to choose an experience that best suits them. Some of the publishers, developers and middleware partners announcing support for Nintendo Switch are as follows:

• 505 Games
  • Activision Publishing, Inc.
  • ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co.,Ltd.
  • ATLUS CO.,LTD.
  • Audiokinetic Inc.
  • Autodesk, Inc
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
  • Bethesda
  • CAPCOM CO., LTD.
  • Codemasters®
  • CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
  • DeNA Co., Ltd
  • Electronic Arts
  • Epic Games Inc.
  • Firelight Technologies
  • FromSoftware, Inc.
  • Frozenbyte
  • GameTrust
  • GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
  • Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
  • HAMSTER Corporation
  • Havok
  • INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
  • KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
  • Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
  • LEVEL-5 Inc.
  • Marvelous Inc.
  • Maximum Games, LLC
  • Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
  • Parity Bit Inc.
  • PlatinumGames Inc.
  • RAD Game Tools, Inc.
  • RecoChoku Co.,Ltd.
  • SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
  • Silicon Studio Corporation
  • Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
  • SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
  • Starbreeze Studios
  • Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
  • Telltale Games
  • THQ Nordic
  • Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
  • TT Games
  • UBISOFT
  • Ubitus Inc.
  • Unity Technologies, Inc.
  • Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
  • Web Technology Corp.
Today’s video incorporated short glimpses of representative gameplay to demonstrate the liberating nature of the Nintendo Switch home gaming system. Full game demonstrations, the list of launch window titles, as well as launch date, product configuration and related specifics will be shown and announced prior to the March launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
That's clearly a two player option on the portable screen. I don't think many people will use it that way, but useable in a jam I suppose.
I know, but the fact they're tryna sell it as a useful feature just baffles me. It looks like something out of a Kinder egg.

That base unit better offer extra computational power, otherwise the NX will be a total skip for me unless Bayo 3 happens.

Based on Skyrim & NBA? Pretty sure Wii U had quite a few third party games at launch like AC, Batman, etc.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd take it with a grain of salt, IIRC Nintendo said they had all these 3rd part developers on board yet when it came down to it they only released improved PS3/360 games and shitter versions of PS4/XB1 games and that was only for a year or two.

Member 39557

I know, but the fact they're tryna sell it as a useful feature just baffles me. It looks like something out of a Kinder egg.

That base unit better offer extra computational power, otherwise the NX will be a total skip for me unless Bayo 3 happens.
I guess it is useful for kids or people with small hands! Not something I can see the majority using though.

I guess they're just trying to make it as portable as possible to compete with phone and tablet gaming?

It's a good idea, just depends on how good the hardware is, and if it sells! If it starts off slowly like the Wiiu, the third party developers will disappear and it's groundhog day.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Hmmmm, Dreamcast already tried something similar ages ago and it died on it's arse. Not sold on the home gaming and portable gaming markets needing to be linked at all. Seem like they're flogging a dead horse there and I'm surprised they're still going that way after the WiiU.

That said, new Zelda and Mario always piques my interest.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Looks better than I thought... not sure I'l get it but with a little one on the way, I might have the perfect excuse to do so!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Is it a game cartridge that the guy's putting in at 55 seconds?

Member 39557

@Snowjoe. Thanks!

New Mario Kart

New Mario

With a new mario kart, plus mario game and a new splatoon near launch, they have a decent shot at hitting the ground running.