Gaming Nintendo Switch

b82REZ

I'm having an issue where all my games try and update when I try and start them. The download always fails and then I can't open the game. If I skip the download they will boot.

I also have to blank tiles for demos I'm trying to download. I have enough space on the SD card but it's acting like there isn't enough storage, but not giving that error.

I've tried all normal troubleshooting, restarted, rebooted, redownloaded, freed up more space, try software update. Nothing seems to be fixing it.

Anyone else experiencing this or had it before?

celia

Got it few hours ago but I didn't try anything since I read about it.

There is a problem with the new update and the downloads. I saw some people say to do just one download and to try again to download until the download is finished.

I am just going to wait for a new update since I am not in a hurry.

To sum up, Nintendo pulled out during a small period the firmware update, the firmware should be the same before and after but there are still trouble to download. Since there are still people complaining now.

If you want to read more :
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-been-pulled-up-published-again.438562/page-3

https://nintendoeverything.com/some...ncing-issues-from-this-weeks-firmware-update/

Last edited:

b82REZ

I've fixed it by deleting the downloads, clearing the cache, removing my user and readding it. It's a pain but at least I didn't have to factory reset.

Havak

Pokemon master
You were right
I was more going off other rumours so I won't take too much credit ;)

I thought it looked excellent tbh though! I'm not much of a Metroid fan or even that 'Metroidvania' style of game. But yeah, seems super impressive and a lot of work has gone into it.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I was more going off other rumours so I won't take too much credit ;)

I thought it looked excellent tbh though! I'm not much of a Metroid fan or even that 'Metroidvania' style of game. But yeah, seems super impressive and a lot of work has gone into it.
I'm not big into Metroid but surely this game won't cost premium prices?

b82REZ

I'm not big into Metroid but surely this game won't cost premium prices?
Why wouldn't it?

It's a first party Nintendo exclusive. Expect it to be priced accordingly.

Unless it's like a short spin off like Ritual of the Moon is to Bloodstained, for example.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
For anyone who hasn’t played it Mario Rabbids is 7.49 on eshop which is a bargain for a game that good

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Left feeling a little underwhelmed by the 'new' Zelda game/BOTW sequel. Looks like a glorified expansion pack more than anything else.

decorativeed

This sale is pretty decent. Typical that as soon as I've bought BOTW for my son, it goes on sale, mind. Might pick up the DLC though.

Anyone played Fenix Rising, and is it worth the price?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Since I erased my cache, the switch asks me for password every time I log in to the eShop. Any way to change that so it remembers the password?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Left feeling a little underwhelmed by the 'new' Zelda game/BOTW sequel. Looks like a glorified expansion pack more than anything else.
Yeah, very underwhelming. I hope they dont take on the shrine format again instead of proper dungeons.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
This sale is pretty decent. Typical that as soon as I've bought BOTW for my son, it goes on sale, mind. Might pick up the DLC though.
I thought the DLC was well worth it. So if you guys enjoyed the main game you should go for it.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, very underwhelming. I hope they dont take on the shrine format again instead of proper dungeons.
It's early days and a tiny video, so let's see. But yeah I can get that trepidation.

I bought it for my lad a couple of weeks back, typically! May treat myself though.
The DLC is great. Also if you haven't already, get your boy to watch some videos of what the game is capable of (not necessarily those elite type videos of people doing crazy stuff, more the physics ones where people play with stuff like the bombs, fire and lightening) and he'll enjoy it even more.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Thanks for concurring and not wishing to sound contrary or argumentative in my response but I actually for the most enjoyed the shrines in BOTW. Possibly a little too many overall (almost certainly in terms of the combat trials) but I loved their ambience and the variety of challenges. Perhaps they should have had traditional dungeons as well but this likely would have bloated an already massive game and I do appreciate their overall goal of trying to be innovative while also attempting to make a creative break from the tried and tested Zelda traditions. On a slightly separate note I thought it was the Divine Beasts that were meant to serve as the de facto equivalent of the dungeons in BOTW rather than the shrines but I could be wrong.

decorativeed

The DLC is great. Also if you haven't already, get your boy to watch some videos of what the game is capable of (not necessarily those elite type videos of people doing crazy stuff, more the physics ones where people play with stuff like the bombs, fire and lightening) and he'll enjoy it even more.
He's been the one showing me that stuff. It's shown me how much more creative a lot of gamers can be than I am. I'd never have even thought of trying any of those things!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My girlfriend wants a console - what’s the best games on the switch for a female?

Bebestation

How much has she been playing video games in the past?
She actually said she wants a PS4 I think after liking cod ww2 in the past.

it’s her bday so I’m going to buy her a switch as I think she would prefer it to a ps4 and she can decide if she wants to sell it to get a ps4 later.

cod is obviously not like a similar game in the switch but I’ll let her decide.

Thanks for the help guys.

Sara125

My girlfriend wants a console - what’s the best games on the switch for a female?
If she isn’t really a gamer like that, any of the Mario games (Mario rabbid Kingdom is currently £7 something right now on the eshop and it’s a very fun game). I find that girls enjoy Zelda games too.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If she isn’t really a gamer like that, any of the Mario games (Mario rabbid Kingdom is currently £7 something right now on the eshop and it’s a very fun game). I find that girls enjoy Zelda games too.
I loved Rabbids but turn based games like that aren't for everyone.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Is Mario Rabbids also good if you are really a gamer? I heard it's a sort of XCOM lite..

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Is Mario Rabbids also good if you are really a gamer? I heard it's a sort of XCOM lite..
XCOM is probably my favourite ever game. Rabbids is XCOM lite, but that's no bad thing.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
She actually said she wants a PS4 I think after liking cod ww2 in the past.

it’s her bday so I’m going to buy her a switch as I think she would prefer it to a ps4 and she can decide if she wants to sell it to get a ps4 later.

cod is obviously not like a similar game in the switch but I’ll let her decide.

Thanks for the help guys.
Splatoon, get the game second hand or something. Do note that you'll require an additional Nintendo switch online subscription if you want to play online though.

celia

Is there something else that your girlfriend likes except COD?

Animal Crossing seems like the opposite game to pick. Switch main shooter game is Splatoon 2 and it is a different atmosphere than COD.

Mario Rabbids is charming if you like Mario and quite easy too. Though for tactical games, I will go with Fire Emblem : Three Houses, since it has different difficulties, it can be easy for a newcomer or a challenge for experienced gamers.

Breath of the Wild seems a safe bet.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’m one of the biggest Nintendo fans going but if shes previously liked cod and mentioned a PS4 the switch is a very different vibe, I’d be tempted to go down the pa4 route

Bebestation

Thanks guys. She isn’t very gaming like and she played CoD more because of it being my main game than something she absolutely loves with her heart I reckon.

Since it’s her bday I feel like the switch is worth a bit more and she can sell it to get the ps4 if she doesn’t end up liking it.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Thanks guys. She isn’t very gaming like and she played CoD more because of it being my main game than something she absolutely loves with her heart I reckon.

Since it’s her bday I feel like the switch is worth a bit more and she can sell it to get the ps4 if she doesn’t end up liking it.
Why don't you go safe and just get Mario Odyssey? Easy entry level but is challenging if you want to put in more time. Everyone knows Mario and most people enjoy Mario games.

Bebestation

Why don't you go safe and just get Mario Odyssey? Easy entry level but is challenging if you want to put in more time. Everyone knows Mario and most people enjoy Mario games.
That’s what I think I will do. Get animal crossing for a bit of a calm game. Get splatoonn for a shooting game and get a Mario game to be a bit more generic Nintendo switch.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
That’s what I think I will do. Get animal crossing for a bit of a calm game. Get splatoonn for a shooting game and get a Mario game to be a bit more generic Nintendo switch.
Good plan.

Maybe Mario Party for some multiplayer fun? Or Trivial Pursuit, which my wife loves!

celia

You need Nintendo Online for Splatoon 2. There is a solo mode but the online is where the fun is.

I feel you should at least show few Animal Crossing video to her, because it isn't for everyone. I find the screenshots and videos cute but the videos with gameplay bored me.

Bebestation

You need Nintendo Online for Splatoon 2. There is a solo mode but the online is where the fun is.

I feel you should at least show few Animal Crossing video to her, because it isn't for everyone. I find the screenshots and videos cute but the videos with gameplay bored me.
how much is Nintendo online?

celia

$20 a year for an account, $35 a year for a family plan (up to 8 account) .

£17.99 / £31.49 - €19.99/€34.99

The way the prices are set from $ to € and it is even worse for £.