Gaming Nintendo Switch

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Been playing the DQ 11 demo in fits and bursts(currently can't game for proper lengths of time). Charming game, as expected, and this demo seems ludicrously long, I'm already about 6 hours in.

Havak

Pokemon master
40 minutes :drool:

I'm looking forward to more Pokémon of course, but I don't want them to reveal too much more really. I want Sword/Shield to be massive and have the fun of exploring it and discovering new things without knowing about them in advance. I know they'll probably leak, but hopefully I can avoid most of it for a few days at least!

I expect Pokémon and Luigi's Mansion 3 to take up less than 15 minutes combined, maybe even closer to 10 minutes really. So, that leaves in excess of 25 minutes for other games. I'm sure a small amount of time will be used to plug the Switch Lite and Zelda, along with the Witcher 3, Overwatch, Daemon X Machina, Spyro, Ni No Kuni, Ori, Super Monkey Ball, the latest Layton port and maybe a few indie games.

There will be more though... I think there will be a previously unannounced game and another Wii U Port (hopefully they're not the same game). Most rumours are pointing toward Pikmin 3 being the port, with Pikmin 4 likely coming next year. It could be Xenoblade Chronicles X, Wonderful 101, or Mario 3D World as well though. Still also hoping for Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I think that might have been saved for 2020.

We probably won't see Bayonetta 3 yet either, as the tweet specifically says 2019 games... But, they might surprise us with one 2020 game to close out the show.

Oh, and this is probably where they add SNES games to the Online Service bundle and possibly charge more for it.

Havak

Pokemon master
Wind Waker HD please if there is a Wii U port.
I've always thought Nintendo should adopt some more 'trilogy' style ports or collections.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is strongly rumoured for Switch and has been for ages, but it never seems to come. Maybe it is real and they've delayed it until next year.

I think they should do a trilogy of Zelda games: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.

They can then do the same for Pikmin 1-3, maybe Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 + Sunshine or 3D World...

It'd be big money and they are generally easy ports Nintendo can get away with charging £60 for because it's 'three games in one'.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I've always thought Nintendo should adopt some more 'trilogy' style ports or collections.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is strongly rumoured for Switch and has been for ages, but it never seems to come. Maybe it is real and they've delayed it until next year.

I think they should do a trilogy of Zelda games: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.

They can then do the same for Pikmin 1-3, maybe Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 + Sunshine or 3D World...

It'd be big money and they are generally easy ports Nintendo can get away with charging £60 for because it's 'three games in one'.
Yeah I've thought before they should do that.

Go back to the "All Stars" from the SNES Mario games name and make it into a series of compilations or something.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

They're more likely to charge you full price for each game and release them seperately.

Havak

Pokemon master
Very good Direct overall.

Really interested in Little Town Hero and I didn't pick up Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Wii U (pretty much the only Wii U exclusive I haven't played) so I may get that this time.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Very good Direct overall.

Really interested in Little Town Hero and I didn't pick up Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Wii U (pretty much the only Wii U exclusive I haven't played) so I may get that this time.
Little Town Hero was a bit meh for me, looked better in the first trailer imo, TMS though is something I've been waiting forever on, a lot of people call it a classic, can't wait to try it.

Havak

Pokemon master
Little Town Hero was a bit meh for me, looked better in the first trailer imo, TMS though is something I've been waiting forever on, a lot of people call it a classic, can't wait to try it.
I was ever so slightly disappointed in how you do the placement thing during combat, as it looks a bit of a cop-out when every game does that, it's very 'Mario overworld map' or Fire Emblem influenced and that doesn't really do anything for me, but hopefully it's a small part of the game when you want to acquire help from villagers. I love the art-style and I assume it's just going to be a fun little game that's eShop only. Hopefully pretty inexpensive and short.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I was ever so slightly disappointed in how you do the placement thing during combat, as it looks a bit of a cop-out when every game does that, it's very 'Mario overworld map' or Fire Emblem influenced and that doesn't really do anything for me, but hopefully it's a small part of the game when you want to acquire help from villagers. I love the art-style and I assume it's just going to be a fun little game that's eShop only. Hopefully pretty inexpensive and short.
It's 25$ on eshop, pre-load already available.

Havak

Pokemon master
It's 25$ on eshop, pre-load already available.
Yeah, not too shabby. I'll definitely be giving it a go!

My picks up until March now are:
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Zelda Link's Awakening
  • Little Town Hero
  • Pokémon Sword & Shield
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
  • Animal Crossing
Also Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered when it finally gets a release date, it's supposed to be a 2019 game but that could still technically mean up until the end of March 2020 as well.

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So glad they added the SNES games to online. Been waiting for ages for them to rerelease SMW
I’m really look forward to playing through most of them again.

Does this mean that they will stop releasing NES games on a monthly basis now? Was really hoping for a release of wizards and warriors and goonies 2.

EvilChuck

I’m really look forward to playing through most of them again.

Does this mean that they will stop releasing NES games on a monthly basis now? Was really hoping for a release of wizards and warriors and goonies 2.
Probably slow it down while they establish SNES. I want the official SNES controller, for old times sake

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
has anyone here got an 8bitDO Bluetooth pad? if not one of those, then, another 6 button pad that does the same thing?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
:lol: I'm actually liking the look of that!

Btw Amnesia collection has dropped. Descent is a great game, pigs was dumbed though. Still worth a punt for less than £30.
Yeah I was expecting it to be something I would never have interest in but actually I could use the extra exercise.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah I was expecting it to be something I would never have interest in but actually I could use the extra exercise.
That's the genius of it.

Imagine of it turns out to be a decent game? Wii boxing was just that, so simple but such a good workout and also brilliant fun to beat.

Then again, I've already played this. My GF has a video of me running on the spot and falling over the sofa playing RE7 on VR that has become her blackmail chip if she should ever need it :nervous:

Plus, Superhot VR. Anyone who has played that knows what I mean!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Tempted to get the Switch Lite. I already have normal Switch which I bought at launch but portability of lite makes me think I want it. Price tag is nice too.

Will I be able to sync my game saves between both systems?