Gaming Nintendo Switch

GBBQ

Been playing LM3 and Links Awakening. Both great games.

I finally set up the dock in the sitting room (insisted on my siblings getting me ring fit adventure for my birthday) so its really the first time I've played on a big screen but i found that on Zelda the buttons were slow to react (don't know if its down to the game or the blue and red controllers sitting in that dock thing?)

Whats the thoughts on wireless controllers? Best reviewed seems to be the official versions from Nintendo.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

I finally set up the dock in the sitting room (insisted on my siblings getting me ring fit adventure for my birthday) so its really the first time I've played on a big screen but i found that on Zelda the buttons were slow to react (don't know if its down to the game or the blue and red controllers sitting in that dock thing?)

Whats the thoughts on wireless controllers? Best reviewed seems to be the official versions from Nintendo.
Have you put the dock behind something? That might give issues, I think.

I'm generally fine with the joy-cons but the pro controller is really good, albeit expensive. I use the pro controller when I'm on my own but give it to friends for multiplayer.
I think there's a few of the ones made to look a bit like SNES and Gamecube controller that are supposed to be good as well.

GBBQ

Have you put the dock behind something? That might give issues, I think.

I'm generally fine with the joy-cons but the pro controller is really good, albeit expensive. I use the pro controller when I'm on my own but give it to friends for multiplayer.
I think there's a few of the ones made to look a bit like SNES and Gamecube controller that are supposed to be good as well.
That could be the issue. Its probably partially blocked by the TV (which is on a swinging arm, while the switch is on a hanging shelf below). Will try putting the dock on a table when in use to see if it improves. You might just have saved me €50!

Maagge

That could be the issue. Its probably partially blocked by the TV (which is on a swinging arm, while the switch is on a hanging shelf below). Will try putting the dock on a table when in use to see if it improves. You might just have saved me €50!
Fingers crossed. :)

Coxy

Really enjoying LM3 too - playing it with my (5 year old) daughter too who loves it. Not played Links Awakening yet - been playing Astral Chain instead. Big regret, I remember now why I don't normally like Japanese action games.

I'd recommend the Pro controller BTW - I always use it when docked.

b82REZ

The Pro Controller is the best controller I've ever used. I was apprehensive due to the price but it's worth every penny. Plus the battery lasts forever.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So, anyone tried the new pokemon on Switch yet? Are they any good? And with good, I mean copy pastes of all the other umpteen games we've seen before?

Maagge

So, anyone tried the new pokemon on Switch yet? Are they any good? And with good, I mean copy pastes of all the other umpteen games we've seen before?
Some of the models and animations are quite literally copy pasted from 3DS games, but otherwise it's what you're used to except in 3D as far as I've understood. Fairly linear, and then the addition of the wild area, which could have been more fleshed out. Nothing groundbreaking, in other words.
If you're into the national dex, you'll be annoyed.
Metacritic had it at 81 last time I looked.

EDIT: I haven't played it yet, mind.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Some of the models and animations are quite literally copy pasted from 3DS games, but otherwise it's what you're used to except in 3D as far as I've understood. Fairly linear, and then the addition of the wild area, which could have been more fleshed out. Nothing groundbreaking, in other words.
If you're into the national dex, you'll be annoyed.
Metacritic had it at 81 last time I looked.

EDIT: I haven't played it yet, mind.
Not anything groundbreaking is what I want from it honestly. If I want innovation I'd buy that weird Kojima game about Daryl Dixon with a baby taped to his chest.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Depends where you buy it due to timezones. HDvee has been playing it since 1pm (shiny hunting stream here). Rewinding it back you can see the first 10-20 mins of gameplay before he sticks to route 1 trying to find a shiny Wooloo.
Why would anyone watch a stream of a game they want to buy though? Doesn't it defeat the purpose?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why would anyone watch a stream of a game they want to buy though? Doesn't it defeat the purpose?
Any number of reasons: seeing quality of it before dipping, some games have elements of rng to it so the experience won't quite be the same for any two people... Twitch is huge for people watching streams of games they want to purchase.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Depends where you buy it due to timezones. HDvee has been playing it since 1pm (shiny hunting stream here). Rewinding it back you can see the first 10-20 mins of gameplay before he sticks to route 1 trying to find a shiny Wooloo.
Ahhh, didn't realise anyone would be getting it that early.

Just checked, and I've got it preloading for midnight.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Any number of reasons: seeing quality of it before dipping, some games have elements of rng to it so the experience won't quite be the same for any two people... Twitch is huge for people watching streams of games they want to purchase.
Maybe just watch some in depth reviews then? GameXplain are always great with those.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The left stick on my joycon is playing up (drifting). Anyone on here had this problem and fixed it?

£70 for a replacement is pretty outrageous.
You can get a kit to fix it from amazon for a few quid. Think I paid £8 with a couple of replacements.

Piece of piss to do, literally 5mins job.

In the mean time, right under the thumb bit there's a very small sleeve. Try lifting it with a toothpick or pin or something and give it a good blow (giggity), that can help short term.

SuperiorXI

it's a fantastic game, how does it hold up on the switch?
I only play handheld and so far it has been flawless. I can't believe they've managed to get this game portable so soon. It comes stocked with both expansion packs too...

Because of the smaller screen, you can't really tell that they've downgraded the graphics.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I only play handheld and so far it has been flawless. I can't believe they've managed to get this game portable so soon. It comes stocked with both expansion packs too...

Because of the smaller screen, you can't really tell that they've downgraded the graphics.
That's great, I never played either expansion sadly, I'll get them on sale some time I guess. Having it on the go is brilliant

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I love Pokemon games. I love Nintendo, still have my Gamecube and Wii that I like to play on occasionally. Not been able to purchase a Switch yet due to other commitments. Is it worth the investment???

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I love Pokemon games. I love Nintendo, still have my Gamecube and Wii that I like to play on occasionally. Not been able to purchase a Switch yet due to other commitments. Is it worth the investment???
The Switch is incredible!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I've never been arsed about portable gaming platforms, but this is like the perfect thing I never knew I needed until I got it.