Gaming Nintendo Switch

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This was my first Fire Emblem game, I wasn't hyped for it at all until the last trailer I decided to buy it, and wow what a game! the versatility of every route is really amazing.
If you caught the fire emblem bug, Path of Radiance holds up very well. I would never recommend someone to use any form of emulation software and pirated ROMS, but I hear some villains do..

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
If you caught the fire emblem bug, Path of Radiance holds up very well. I would never recommend someone to use any form of emulation software and pirated ROMS, but I hear some villains do..
I was actually thinking of buying a Wii U and use it for emulation, it can run all Nintendo games up to the Wii U (not including handhelds)

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
How long does it take to finish?
Well my first playthrough was the shortest path, took me about 38 hours, but with new game+ you can finish the other routes much quicker, also worth mentioning I did all available paralogues in all playt after the first so that made them take a bit longer to finish, the total time for the 4 was 147 hours.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
As a JRPG guy I'm interested to know your thoughts on FE.
Haven't played it yet. Will get it soon enough.
I was worried it would be another worrior game (I. E, more hack and slash without rpg mechanics). Just recently bothered to check if there were rpg elements. :)

Read on here that someone said it was like a mix of old-school fire emblem and persona. Absolutely sounds interesting.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I was worried it would be another worrior game (I. E, more hack and slash without rpg mechanics). Just recently bothered to check if there were rpg elements. :)

Read on here that someone said it was like a mix of old-school fire emblem and persona. Absolutely sounds interesting.
No hack and slash elements to it at all, I hope you enjoy it and please do tell your thoughts once you get to play it.

PS. The persona elements are a bit exaggerated, how I see it is Persona is a dungeon crawler JRPG while FE battle system is completely different, similarities end with the school setting.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

It's the most RPG FE yet. They toned down the dating sim though, which I personally like, but your mileage may vary.

Dunno why people think it's like Persona though.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
It's the most RPG FE yet. They toned down the dating sim though, which I personally like, but your mileage may vary.

Dunno why people think it's like Persona though.
Not a fan of dating sims (or dims as autocorrect wanted it), so that suits me well.
I think it sounds like something I'll enjoy. :)

decorativeed

What is everyone's opinion on using a standard USB C charger on the switch? Obviously the official Nintendo replacement is a touch on the pricey side, but it looks like someone has stood on or squashed the connector on my son's one.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
What is everyone's opinion on using a standard USB C charger on the switch? Obviously the official Nintendo replacement is a touch on the pricey side, but it looks like someone has stood on or squashed the connector on my son's one.
When travelling I've been using a USB-C cable and an adaptor to whichever country to charge mine. I'm not sure it's advisable, but no trouble so far.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'll try again later :o

The "shortcut" is so annoying, I kept falling in it by accident :lol:
:lol:
I loved seeing others try that level. Wanted to hear how it is to play. Doubt I have the patience for it.
For a troll-level, I think it looks very fair. Fair being for troll-levels only.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Some level codes here for the speed running levels on Mario Maker for those interested. These are my favourite type of levels. Very fun, and most (if not all) are sub 20 seconds; so easy to digest.

J1S-8QB-VHG
X4N-Y7D-SGG
38R-LMG-32G
SYV-T56-9LF
9QD-V7X-2JF
VMG-DLH-LRG
BT9-4FW-NMG

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Anyone here tried Astral Chain?
I'm wondering if it has rpg elements. Discussion forums I've been to seem to mention it, but others again say it's not with rpg elements at all.

Are there leveling?
Upgrading or finding better gear?
Skill-point system?

Edit: Aw, now I see. It's not released yet. :lol:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Anyone here tried Astral Chain?
I'm wondering if it has rpg elements. Discussion forums I've been to seem to mention it, but others again say it's not with rpg elements at all.

Are there leveling?
Upgrading or finding better gear?
Skill-point system?

Edit: Aw, now I see. It's not released yet. :lol:
Actually you can watch about 55 mins of gameplay from e3 that isn't spoilery at all

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
So an update, I bought a Wii U for 100$, and gamecube/wii games look absolutely beautiful with HDMI output.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
400 pounds for a Wii? :lol: Why?
I wanted a new one in black for my room (mostly using black and white setups), so it fits in and lasts for as long as possible, seeing as wii consoles don't seem to last super long.

Really only have it for 3 games: Xenoblade chronicles, the last story and Tales of Symphonia: dawn of the new world

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I wanted a new one in black for my room (mostly using black and white setups), so it fits in and lasts for as long as possible, seeing as wii consoles don't seem to last super long.

Really only have it for 3 games: Xenoblade chronicles, the last story and Tales of Symphonia: dawn of the new world
Oh right. I would have thought they could be got for cheaper, but if you have it now and like it that's the main thing!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Oh right. I would have thought they could be got for cheaper, but if you have it now and like it that's the main thing!
Wii's are available around here for around 50 pounds used. But used tend to mean short life-span left. Didn't want to risk it when getting stuff for my new gaming room. :D