Gaming Nintendo Switch

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I have one in my played list that i swear is near impossible. Its a precision level with claws and saws, has 1 clear from about 2000 plays iirc. I'll link it when i am home from work
Oh no not a 0.00% rate completion one, those are just ridiculous :lol: Still going to try it of course!

EvilChuck

@EvilChuck you've made a proper addictive level you arsehole :lol:
I basically make levels that i enjoy playing, and would play more than once. Theres always a different method to parts that i never factor in as well that aids in speedrunning.

This one on the claws it was intended to be grabbed by the right one, then jump quickly to the left one and hold right to avoid the spikes. I sent it to a streamer earlier and he just twirled around most of the spikes, and i was shocked as i hadnt considered that as an option

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I basically make levels that i enjoy playing, and would play more than once. Theres always a different method to parts that i never factor in as well that aids in speedrunning.
I haven't made any yet but that's how I'll go about it all when/if I do make some.

This one on the claws it was intended to be grabbed by the right one, then jump quickly to the left one and hold right to avoid the spikes. I sent it to a streamer earlier and he just twirled around most of the spikes, and i was shocked as i hadnt considered that as an option
Yeah that's how I ended up doing it, just falling through the middle. Always fun figuring out other ways that work!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Any suggestions on cheapest price (UK) for a physical copy of Fire Emblem: Three Houses ?

£42.99 from Smyths is best I've seen so far.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
your life is now over.
I used to be a F.E. fanatic, dropped it because it was all-consuming (having dreams where I'm playing through levels, ffs.) but am getting this one mainly to tide me over long haul flights, which drive me to the edge of insanity.

Best/worst thing you can engage in with F.E. is trying to complete them with no resets i.e. one of your camp die, they die, and you move on. So hard, yet so rewarding.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Exactly, how would you find time for other games?
I test them for him. :p
I joke
I used to be a F.E. fanatic, dropped it because it was all-consuming (having dreams where I'm playing through levels, ffs.) but am getting this one mainly to tide me over long haul flights, which drive me to the edge of insanity.

Best/worst thing you can engage in with F.E. is trying to complete them with no resets i.e. one of your camp die, they die, and you move on. So hard, yet so rewarding.
To be fair, this game actually feels like good old fire emblem. Unlike that warrior-bunch.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I test them for him. :p
I joke

To be fair, this game actually feels like good old fire emblem. Unlike that warrior-bunch.
The surprising thing is only 17 staff members from Intelligent System worked on it, it was mostly Koei Tecmo, the warrior games guys.
I'm finding that out now - thought I'd be able to just pick up a copy. D'oh!
It's already the second best selling game in the franchise and that's not counting the digital copies(estimates around 800k digital copies).

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
The surprising thing is only 17 staff members from Intelligent System worked on it, it was mostly Koei Tecmo, the warrior games guys.

It's already the second best selling game in the franchise and that's not counting the digital copies(estimates around 800k digital copies).
Glad to hear that the warrior guys can actually make a good game as well. Only really knew of their warrior-games and I really can't stand how much they've gotten away with just re-skinning stuff. :lol:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Glad to hear that the warrior guys can actually make a good game as well. Only really knew of their warrior-games and I really can't stand how much they've gotten away with just re-skinning stuff. :lol:
Their art style is definitely a weak point and I think the story and most big decisions were made by Intelligent System, but it's weird considering they have over a 100 employee to not use their full staff on one of their main titles, I'm hoping they are working on a Paper Mario game or an Advance Wars game.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

If I can't find a physical copy in time, I'll have to get a digital download (spit).

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I recently got a Switch for some reason and now I'm trying to play Zelda before going to sleep, in handheld mode and my god the joycons are probably the worst controllers I've ever used. Maybe in time my hands will reshape and adapt but for now I'm experiencing horrible pain, maybe worse than on the 3ds.

Anyway, I also got Fire Emblem and Octopath Traveler, I'm thinking of trying the latter. Anyone got an opinion? Is it decent?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I recently got a Switch for some reason and now I'm trying to play Zelda before going to sleep, in handheld mode and my god the joycons are probably the worst controllers I've ever used. Maybe in time my hands will reshape and adapt but for now I'm experiencing horrible pain, maybe worse than on the 3ds.

Anyway, I also got Fire Emblem and Octopath Traveler, I'm thinking of trying the latter. Anyone got an opinion? Is it decent?
Can't go wrong with either if you like JRPGs, they're both great. Fire Emblem is better though.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The only jrpgs I've ever played and finished are Persona 3 and 4. But recently I played quite a few hours of Fire Emblem binding blade on my 3ds and that made me go for this new one which looks great.
Got Octopath on a whim too, liked the graphics style, hopefully it's not a shit game.