Gaming Nintendo Switch

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I've bought one for me wee lad.

I bought him Luigi's 3. But I'm also considering...

Mario's Odyssey
Yoshi's Crafted World
Octopath Traveller
Orgi
Hollow Night
Mario Kart.

Any others you fellas cam recommend? Ta.
How old is your son mate?

My five year old is absolutely obsessed with Super Mario maker 2 and Super Mario Odyssey.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Buy him Darkest Dungeon. It will teach him to deal with disappointment and frustration and the fact that the world is an unfair, artifically difficult annoying place and how THE FECK DID ALL THOSE SKELETONS CRIT SO MANY TIMES THIS IS BULLSHIT.

But really, it's a great game.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
4 matey. Odyssey does look great.
It’s nearly the perfect game to experience with a child mate.

You are able to go back and forward between all of the worlds you’ve unlocked. Each world is completely open and allows full exploration.

My little man takes great pleasure in just exploring and finding moons for himself.

He’s needed my help with bosses and some jumps etc, but it’s an incredibly child friendly game on the whole that he’s easily pumped over 200 hours into.

Bojan11

Switch has sold 52m, which is apparently more than the Xbox which had more than a 3 year head start.

Pokemon Shield/Sword sold 16m in six weeks.

Crazy numbers considering where Nintendo were last gen. I enjoyed the wii u, but it did not appeal to the mainstream.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I've bought one for me wee lad.

I bought him Luigi's 3. But I'm also considering...

Mario's Odyssey
Yoshi's Crafted World
Octopath Traveller
Orgi
Hollow Night
Mario Kart.

Any others you fellas cam recommend? Ta.
Kirby. It's easy and fun.

Captain Toad is another I would recommend one I would recommend for kids.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ys 8 works amazingly well as a hand held game. Someone on here recommended it to me, so thank you whoever that was.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ys 8 works amazingly well as a hand held game. Someone on here recommended it to me, so thank you whoever that was.
It was me and you're welcome.

I got it on PS4 cause it was like 15 quid compared to 55 quid for the Switch (a recurring theme in Switch cross platform games) but it seems like the sort of game well suited to handheld. One of my favourite RPG's of the last few years.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It was me and you're welcome.

I got it on PS4 cause it was like 15 quid compared to 55 quid for the Switch (a recurring theme in Switch cross platform games) but it seems like the sort of game well suited to handheld. One of my favourite RPG's of the last few years.
Ah right!

Yeah, I always ignored it, because of the weird name, but it's great to pick up, play for 20 minutes at a time. It was 39.99 when I bought it though.

Bobski

It’s nearly the perfect game to experience with a child mate.

You are able to go back and forward between all of the worlds you’ve unlocked. Each world is completely open and allows full exploration.

My little man takes great pleasure in just exploring and finding moons for himself.

He’s needed my help with bosses and some jumps etc, but it’s an incredibly child friendly game on the whole that he’s easily pumped over 200 hours into.

Can attest to that, playing it with my nephew and the joy he takes in it has revitalized my love of gaming.

Nintendo make amazing games for kids.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Switch has sold 52m, which is apparently more than the Xbox which had more than a 3 year head start.

Pokemon Shield/Sword sold 16m in six weeks.

Crazy numbers considering where Nintendo were last gen. I enjoyed the wii u, but it did not appeal to the mainstream.
Considering that Pokemon is still selling well in Japan in weekly numbers, getting to 20m LTD is not going to be a surprise, I think if we add what it sold in the few weeks of 2020 it'll be the best selling Pokemon game since G/S, amazing HW numbers as well, but not surprising if you keep an eye on weekly sales in Japan which gives an idea how well it's doing.

kps88

Really enjoyed Link's Awakening. Some of those dungeons got really tricky towards the end.

I was a bit disappointed with Odyssey though. Not enough of a challenge and they throw moons at you like candy. I prefer the original structure of one star/moon per level. That felt more rewarding.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Hmm @Massive Spanner says it was him. Guess you two better fight each other.
Well he recommended it to me originally so I won't begrudge it!
Really enjoyed Link's Awakening. Some of those dungeons got really tricky towards the end.

I was a bit disappointed with Odyssey though. Not enough of a challenge and they throw moons at you like candy. I prefer the original structure of one star/moon per level. That felt more rewarding.
Odyssey is one of the most fecking overrated games I've ever played.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

There are some really really challenging stuff in post game.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Odyssey is one of the most fecking overrated games I've ever played.
It’s at least on the 3rd tier of Mario games below 3, the greatest game of all time, and the next level with SNES, 64, etc.

That still leaves it as a 8.675/10 at worst, so it’s scientifically impossible for it to be the most fecking overrated.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I wish Odyssey hadn't come out in Winter. I love it but I get cold, rainy day vibes when thinking about/playing it. If it had come out in summer that would have been amazing.

Member 39557

Odyssey let me play as zombie mario. How can anybody not love zombie mario?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I loved Odyssey. Much prefer it to Breath of The Wild which i think is vastly overrated. I will say that it is a little empty. I also had no desire to go back through it and get more moons once i finished the game. But really enjoyed my time with it.

And it's such a happy game!

Member 39557

I loved Odyssey. Much prefer it to Breath of The Wild which i think is vastly overrated. I will say that it is a little empty. I also had no desire to go back through it and get more moons once i finished the game. But really enjoyed my time with it.

And it's such a happy game!
Post game is quite good. The nostalgic N64 throwback level and the moon stuff.
I still have a lot to do, but thought I'd concentrate on some other games for a while.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Post game is quite good. The nostalgic N64 throwback level and the moon stuff.
I still have a lot to do, but thought I'd concentrate on some other games for a while.
Yeah i heard that the post game stuff was supposed to be fun. I enjoyed my 10 hours or so with it, then moved on really. Would love for a new one though. Obviously they've announced the sequel to Breath of The Wild, but to my knowledge they haven't said anything about a new Mario game.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Really enjoying Link's Awakening so far. I think the last main thing I did was getting the five gold leaves, and now I'm kind of just wandering around trying to figure out what to do next :lol: I like not just constantly knowing everything though, makes finding things out more fun.

peridigm

Really enjoying Link's Awakening so far. I think the last main thing I did was getting the five gold leaves, and now I'm kind of just wandering around trying to figure out what to do next :lol: I like not just constantly knowing everything though, makes finding things out more fun.
I enjoyed it. Probably one of the easiest of the series but still very good. I started BOTW about a month ago. Fantastic game.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Why did I start playing Tetris 99?! It's so addictive. :lol:

Heardy

Finished Link Awakening today. Last boss killed me a few times, swapped my red tunic for the blue one and it was far easier!!

Great little game - enjoyed it, but v.simple in the main. BOTW is the better game of the two, but both great in their own way.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Finished Link Awakening today. Last boss killed me a few times, swapped my red tunic for the blue one and it was far easier!!

Great little game - enjoyed it, but v.simple in the main. BOTW is the better game of the two, but both great in their own way.
Of course BOTW is better, this is a remake of a game from 1993, I still can't believe the mechanics were brought into a game from 1993! It makes it even more impressive, it shows how ahead of it's time the original game was.

Maagge

There were different tunics?

Heardy

There were different tunics?
Yeah - there's a colour dungeon where you can get a red tunic to double attack stats or blue to double defence stats.

If you run into the bookshelf in the library, there's a book that gives you a code of sorts - move some gravestones in the cemetary and you enter the colour dungeon!

Maagge

Yeah - there's a colour dungeon where you can get a red tunic to double attack stats or blue to double defence stats.

If you run into the bookshelf in the library, there's a book that gives you a code of sorts - move some gravestones in the cemetary and you enter the colour dungeon!
Oh I missed that completely. :lol:

Member 39557

Witcher 3 on switch has cross save features now and sharper graphics thanks to a major update.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I'm thinking about getting Switch, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the games catalouge. I played Breath of the wild on the Wii U and was underwhelmed. Apart from the Mario's Odessey I'm not really seeing much to be excited about.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I'm thinking about getting Switch, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the games catalouge. I played Breath of the wild on the Wii U and was underwhelmed. Apart from the Mario's Odessey I'm not really seeing much to be excited about.
Depends. Do you have any other consoles? What kind of games do you like? There's a lot of great ports. The switch is also a wonderful indie machine. There's tons of indies being released on it every month.