Gaming Nintendo Switch

USREDEVIL

Bought Nintendo switch for my son for Christmas. I have downloaded both the NES and Super NES formats for some old school fun. I'm playing Zelda III "A Link to the Past" on the train home after work. But he's into the one game we bought (Jurassic World Lego) and Double Dragon. He wants to get the Luigi's Mansion 3 game but i don't think he's quite ready for it yet. He not quite 5.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Bought Nintendo switch for my son for Christmas. I have downloaded both the NES and Super NES formats for some old school fun. I'm playing Zelda III "A Link to the Past" on the train home after work. But he's into the one game we bought (Jurassic World Lego) and Double Dragon. He wants to get the Luigi's Mansion 3 game but i don't think he's quite ready for it yet. He not quite 5.
Oh that's a classic alright. The Switch online is great value for the Nes & Snes catalogues.

Luigi's Mansion 3 was charming & innocent. Probably too scary for a 4 year old though. There's a few jumpscares/scary scenes for a young child and spiders which may not be nice. The puzzles may be difficult for him, but there is 'gooigi' which is great, where he can play along in co-op with infinite lives, whilst you complete them.

It makes a great game to introduce to puzzle solving & coordination. Once he gets a bit older it would be a cracking game to play together. You could maybe watch a let's play video on YouTube to decide?

Last edited:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I'm thinking about getting Switch, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the games catalouge. I played Breath of the wild on the Wii U and was underwhelmed. Apart from the Mario's Odessey I'm not really seeing much to be excited about.
I have a PS4 and for me the Nintendo exclusives are better and the Switch became my main gaming console since its launch.

Coxy

Bought Two Point Hospital this morning and had a quick blast - it's great! Takes me back to the 90's...

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Bought Two Point Hospital this morning and had a quick blast - it's great! Takes me back to the 90's...
It's a lot of fun but I overplayed it when I got it and totally burnt out on it :lol: That said it was on PC, maybe more casually playing it on the Switch would be better.

USREDEVIL

Update: Me and my son beat Jurassic World Lego - but i want us to do it again and try to get all of the items.

Just installed Youtube on the switch. Hope they get Netflix to run on it too so i can use it on train to watch movies.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
There's an Indie World Showcase in a couple of hours for anyone interested. I guess we're all in self-isolation anyway, so why not?

LoSpritz

Good to see hot girls play Nintendo too!

Anyone thinking of getting Animal Crossing? Looks to be the perfect escape from the world at the moment, but is it too childish?

Phil

feck it I ordered Animal Crossing, seems like the perfect time

Woodzy

Someone explain Animal Crossing to me. I asked someone at work and despite loving the series his response was ‘it’s literally feck all’.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Two questions:

Can you use motion control and are there many games that are compatible with motion control... Basically like Wii?

Also, my daughter is 3 and a half years at the moment. Can she play it or is she too young?

20solskjaer

Picked up Animal Crossing today, im a huge fan of the series so been looking forward to it for what seems like ages

anyone else get it? Up for swapping fruit and visiting islands?

Castia

Picked up Animal Crossing today, im a huge fan of the series so been looking forward to it for what seems like ages

anyone else get it? Up for swapping fruit and visiting islands?
Sure

My friend code is: SW-6938-4087-1200

Pretty new to Animal Crossing so my island is probably shite. Started with Apples.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Want one bad but can’t afford one at the minute because we aren’t even sure we can pay rent yet.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Yeah it was great! I need all the Zelda games on the Switch, I feel like it's the best place for me to actually play them all the way through!
I agree, I really want a link between worlds, tempted to buy it on my 3DS but it seems frivolous atm. Wind Waker on Switch, imagine?!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So I’m going to buy the two games package they have on Nintendo online. One of the games I’ll get with this is Animal Crossing, second one I am picking between Astral Chain, Fire Emblem and Links Awakening. I don’t really want anything that I’d have to spend hours on in one go, more looking for something I can pick up, play for 30 minutes and then return to after days of not playing. Also considering other games but I have most of the highly rated ones. Can anyone choose for me?

GBBQ

So I’m going to buy the two games package they have on Nintendo online. One of the games I’ll get with this is Animal Crossing, second one I am picking between Astral Chain, Fire Emblem and Links Awakening. I don’t really want anything that I’d have to spend hours on in one go, more looking for something I can pick up, play for 30 minutes and then return to after days of not playing. Also considering other games but I have most of the highly rated ones. Can anyone choose for me?
Haven't played the other two but Link's Awakening is definitely something you can dip into for 30 minutes, leave for a week and come back and know instantly what you're doing. Great game to boot.

Woodzy

Is it wrong that things I hope for most in next direct are re-releases Metroid Prime Trilogy and a few of the Wii Zelda games?

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
You want Fire Emblem. You can just do one battle or spend one day in school and take it up again later. It's one of the best games available on switch.

United Hobbit

Everyone at work is going on about animal crossing and making me want it. However tiny problem is I dont have a switch. Next problem is they seem to be oos everywhere as I'd want the one that connects to the tv. My boyfriend would get it as an early birthday present it just seems a lot of money is it worth it? I'd maybe play Pokemon as well and I used to enjoy the Professor Layton games on the DS so probably look at that one as well
I completed Spyro remastered on his PS4 or I'd have got that too.

Especially in the current climate and also being a bit snooty I'd want a new one rather than 2md hand as would prefer other people's manky hands not to have been on it not even sure I'd want ones claimed to be unopened as no way of proving no one has handled it!

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I've been looking at Animal Crossing, also for my partner to play, but the fact you only get one island per console means she'll be a pain in the ass.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve been wanting a switch for ages and I was close to buying one before all this went down. Now it’s almost impossible. The stock sells out in about 2 hours.

GBBQ

Everyone at work is going on about animal crossing and making me want it. However tiny problem is I dont have a switch. Next problem is they seem to be oos everywhere as I'd want the one that connects to the tv. My boyfriend would get it as an early birthday present it just seems a lot of money is it worth it? I'd maybe play Pokemon as well and I used to enjoy the Professor Layton games on the DS so probably look at that one as well
I completed Spyro remastered on his PS4 or I'd have got that too.

Especially in the current climate and also being a bit snooty I'd want a new one rather than 2md hand as would prefer other people's manky hands not to have been on it not even sure I'd want ones claimed to be unopened as no way of proving no one has handled it!
Given the lockdown situation I'd 100% go for the lite version. I have a docked version but always play it hand held anyway.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Given the lockdown situation I'd 100% go for the lite version. I have a docked version but always play it hand held anyway.
I have both but will be selling Lite soon. I don’t play docked at all but I prefer the bigger screen when playing undocked anyway. Life is better when traveling as I tend to travel exclusively with a 30L backpack but normal Switch is workable anyway.