Gaming Nintendo Switch

Santos J

I’ve been wanting a switch for ages and I was close to buying one before all this went down. Now it’s almost impossible. The stock sells out in about 2 hours.
Yeah in the same boat, they have them in stock on Amazon Prime Now but no delivery slots for me. :rolleyes:

b82REZ

Anyone want to share island codes for Animal Crossing?

I'm playing in northern hemisphere, did anyone pick southern?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I enjoyed the newest Pokemon game at first but I quickly grew bored of it. Not sure if it's because it's piss easy, the constant handholding, the bland world, maybe all of them.

The virus has made me pick up my Switch again so I'll probably chose between Animal Crossing, Skyrim and Witchers as the next game I'll pick.

20solskjaer

Mario 64 in hd. That would be great!
Im going to be so busy and so broke, a new paper mario plus remasters of 64, sunshine, galaxy and 3d world is going to be great

looking forward to galaxy the most, havn’t played it in probably 11-12 years and it was one of my favourite mario games when it came out, would be great to see how it stands up against odyssey

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I enjoyed the newest Pokemon game at first but I quickly grew bored of it. Not sure if it's because it's piss easy, the constant handholding, the bland world, maybe all of them.

The virus has made me pick up my Switch again so I'll probably chose between Animal Crossing, Skyrim and Witchers as the next game I'll pick.
Get Animal Crossing if you've the online subscription otherwise only if you're a huge animal crossing fan.

It's not a game that you can really spend hours in a day on it, more like a chill around game for 30 mins before going on to another game.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Im going to be so busy and so broke, a new paper mario plus remasters of 64, sunshine, galaxy and 3d world is going to be great

looking forward to galaxy the most, havn’t played it in probably 11-12 years and it was one of my favourite mario games when it came out, would be great to see how it stands up against odyssey
I replayed both Galaxy games recently and both held up fantastically imo.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
That's great news. I haven't played any of Sunshine, the Galaxies and Paper Mario

I've been playing Skyrim the last month or so. It runs really well, except for the usual Bethesda bugs you get.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
That's great news. I haven't played any of Sunshine, the Galaxies and Paper Mario

I've been playing Skyrim the last month or so. It runs really well, except for the usual Bethesda bugs you get.
The lack of mods is what's kept me from buying it to the Switch so far. I've played it a lot on the PC but it's been a while so I might not miss them as much now.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
Get Animal Crossing if you've the online subscription otherwise only if you're a huge animal crossing fan.

It's not a game that you can really spend hours in a day on it, more like a chill around game for 30 mins before going on to another game.
I've never played any of the AC games before so it would def be a gamble to see if I like it or not, but then I don't wanna be too hooked on gaming so a game you play now and then might be perfect.

Maagge

The lack of mods is what's kept me from buying it to the Switch so far. I've played it a lot on the PC but it's been a while so I might not miss them as much now.
I guess it depends on how much you actually use mods then. If it's just visuals then you'd always take a hit on the Switch anyway. You do get all the DLC in the Switch version so all that content is there.
Personally I haven't played it with mods so I'm not gonna miss those (although I'd like to play with mods of course).

If you haven't played The Witcher, then I'd probably go for that.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Haven't played the other two but Link's Awakening is definitely something you can dip into for 30 minutes, leave for a week and come back and know instantly what you're doing. Great game to boot.
You want Fire Emblem. You can just do one battle or spend one day in school and take it up again later. It's one of the best games available on switch.
Thanks folks. Turns out I had some loyalty points on a gift card from work so I ended up buying all 4 games. Fire Emblem has been excellent so far, Animal Crossing is a good chillout game and I haven't touched Zelda or Astral Chain yet.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I replayed both Galaxy games recently and both held up fantastically imo.
Isn’t Galaxy the one gamer snobs claim is the best Mario ever? I never got around to it.

They are wrong, of course, because Super Mario Bros 3 is the greatest game of all time. But that’s a discussion for another day...

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This easter event in Animal Crossing is getting on my nerves. There's eggs everywhere!

Coxy

The easter sale goes live at 2 - hoping for some bargains but we shall see

Maagge

Mario + Rabbids is 75 % off in the eshop currently. The bundle with DLC and everything is 70 % off, if anyone's interested.

How are people finding Animal Crossing so far?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Are save files for Animal Crossing purely stored on the cartridge (if you have a physical copy) or the machine itself?

OH wants to buy it, but play on my Switch. Initially I was ok with the idea, but if the save file is stored on the machine, not so, which will end in me getting her a Lite, I guess.

b82REZ

Are save files for Animal Crossing purely stored on the cartridge (if you have a physical copy) or the machine itself?

OH wants to buy it, but play on my Switch. Initially I was ok with the idea, but if the save file is stored on the machine, not so, which will end in me getting her a Lite, I guess.
One file save per system.

Castia

Absolutely hooked on Animal Crossing. It’s such an amazing game.

Played mostly solo and haven’t time travelled so just going through it at by day, apart from a quick go on New Leaf this is my first AC game and it’s completely blew me away.

Tomorrow I should unlock my island editor thing and the game will get better yet again.

Rudie

Mentary
I struggled with Animal Crossing with the slow start, lack of resources and real time esque game play. Breath of the wild seems to have more interaction with NPCs which is funny considering Animal Crossing is built for just that.

A few weeks in and things are picking up and then bang, suddenly the Easter Event and I'm overwhelmed, how the hell am I going to create all that furniture??!?

There are also some pretty shady characters in it. At night it's dead though apart from the clearly drugged up musician who invited me back to his island.

Still, I'll delve into it now and again. I've got FF7 turning up soon though so might time will be limited.

Santos J

I struggled with Animal Crossing with the slow start, lack of resources and real time esque game play. Breath of the wild seems to have more interaction with NPCs which is funny considering Animal Crossing is built for just that.

A few weeks in and things are picking up and then bang, suddenly the Easter Event and I'm overwhelmed, how the hell am I going to create all that furniture??!?

There are also some pretty shady characters in it. At night it's dead though apart from the clearly drugged up musician who invited me back to his island.

Still, I'll delve into it now and again. I've got FF7 turning up soon though so might time will be limited.
If you've not played it already then you might like Stardew Valley, it's quite similar to AC in the sense you have your own little island/farm you build on with crops etc and other NPCs but there's a bit more to do regulary than there is in AC I feel.

Maagge

Great, Mario + Rabbids is also rather addictive. But frustratingly my partner only wants to play Mario Kart. Now I like Mario Kart as much as the next person, but there's not that many different maps/tracks to play on.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

Why don't you want the save file stored on yours? Don't want any kind of trace of Animal Crossing association on your Switch or in case you want to play it at some point?

Rudie

Mentary
If you've not played it already then you might like Stardew Valley, it's quite similar to AC in the sense you have your own little island/farm you build on with crops etc and other NPCs but there's a bit more to do regulary than there is in AC I feel.
I keep getting recommended Stardew so I might give it a go, thanks!

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

Stored on the Switch, like all other Switch games
Why don't you want the save file stored on yours? Don't want any kind of trace of Animal Crossing association on your Switch or in case you want to play it at some point?
I'm guessing he doesn't want to share an island by playing on the same Switch?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nah, she will hijack my machine, and if the data isn't transferable, I can kiss goodbye to my Switch until they find a vaccine!

I'd like to say I'm joking, but: Animal Crossing; Harvest Moon and the Pokemon's, and it's like being with a hardcore gamer! :lol: