Gaming Nintendo Switch

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
So I bought a Switch a couple of xmasses ago and I'm struggling to find anything to play on it that I enjoy. Played through Mario Odyssey, it was alright. Started Zelda, it just felt hollow. Tried playing Pokémon Shield, just feels like a game for OCD.

I've tried some other stuff, quite liked Baba is You, most other things I'm just not feeling.
What games do you usually like?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So I bought a Switch a couple of xmasses ago and I'm struggling to find anything to play on it that I enjoy. Played through Mario Odyssey, it was alright. Started Zelda, it just felt hollow. Tried playing Pokémon Shield, just feels like a game for OCD.

I've tried some other stuff, quite liked Baba is You, most other things I'm just not feeling.
Mario Maker 2 is my favourite game. Especially if you have friends that also have it.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Hades is good and cheap game. Luigi's mansion 3 I also feel is worth it. If you never played Mario Galaxy I feel that's another worth picking up.

T_Model101

I would suggest going back to the classics
Get an online subscription and play through SNES Mario, Zelda and Metroid. I mean, these are literally some of the greatest games ever made
Outside of that
Obra Dinn

DavelinaJolie

I would suggest going back to the classics
Get an online subscription and play through SNES Mario, Zelda and Metroid. I mean, these are literally some of the greatest games ever made
Outside of that
Obra Dinn
I played them when I was a kid. Going back to them, not so much.

Thanks for the recs all, my mate has recommended Hades a lot, but he also thinks that it'll be announced for Xbox and PS at the Game Awards, and if so Xbox would be my preferred platform. I've got Obra Dinn on my Xbox already and looking forward to starting it once I've finished Greedfall.

As for games I like my favourites are stuff like Daggerfall, The Witness, Link to the Past, Sea of Thieves, Celeste, Illusion of Time, Quake 3, PGR2/Forza Horizon 4... I like most things really, aside from the Ubisoft Ur-game stuff. I don't know what it is about the Nintendo games I've played on Switch but I really struggled to get into them and either gave up or chunks of it felt like a chore. Baba is You was good up to the point I hit a brick wall! Merchants of Kaidan was a decent sale title, but kind of shallow in the long run and that UI bug was a real PITA.

Thanks to sales I've got Skyrim and Ni No Kuni on the Switch. The former I know I'll play because I only played through it once in original release and wanted to return to it, the latter was an £8.00 shot in the dark. Oh and also got Transistor cheap, speaking of Hades and all.

Adamsk7

I found that in my partner's case the issue is that she can't really control a character and a camera at the same time in a 3D world, so the fact that's not an issue in the mentioned games helped a lot. I'm hoping she'll one day feel comfortable playing e.g. Breath of the Wild.
Haha my partner was exactly the same! Could only play 2D games. She loved BOTW though even though it took hours and hours for it to finally click in her brain - to say watching her run around Hyrule and fight using just one analogue stick was frustrating is an understatement!

she’s now got the hang of it though and it’s a bit like riding a bike - once it clicks, that’s it.

Maagge

Haha my partner was exactly the same! Could only play 2D games. She loved BOTW though even though it took hours and hours for it to finally click in her brain - to say watching her run around Hyrule and fight using just one analogue stick was frustrating is an understatement!

she’s now got the hang of it though and it’s a bit like riding a bike - once it clicks, that’s it.
It's incredibly frustrating to watch. "Yeah, you're getting pummeled but can't see the enemy, TURN THE CAMERA FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!". Awful.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It's incredibly frustrating to watch. "Yeah, you're getting pummeled but can't see the enemy, TURN THE CAMERA FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!". Awful.
I tried to get my gf to play cod and I started her off against the bots, it was genuinely hilarious to watch. She couldn’t hit a barn door and kept passing the controller back to me. I gave it her back and somehow she managed to headshot the last guy and win the round which was equally funny.

Maagge

I tried to get my gf to play cod and I started her off against the bots, it was genuinely hilarious to watch. She couldn’t hit a barn door and kept passing the controller back to me. I gave it her back and somehow she managed to headshot the last guy and win the round which was equally funny.
There's a bit of progress here. She's been playing a lot of Mario 35 and completed Paper Mario so I was trying to think of what would be good for her to play next. She likes Mario in general so thought maybe Odyssey was her gateway to being able to control a camera as well as a character, plus the main story isn't really challenging. She's doing quite well. I hope this means she'll be able to enjoy Breath of the Wild. One of her pet peeves so far has been that in a lot of games you need to do something specific for something to unlock in order to progress, and often she's already figured out what to do she just hasn't spoken to the right character yet. BotW doesn't have that issue.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I told my missus I'll do the dishes for a week if she can beat 1 level of Super Meat Boy.

It's hilarious to watch.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Anyone played the Cindered Shadow DLC for Fire Emblem 3 houses? It's brutally hard on hard mode. I like it, but losing after a 2 hour skirmish resulting in a hard game over is, well, frustrating.

Maagge

I've started playing Mario 64 and feck me is the camera frustrating.

b82REZ

Anyone played the Cindered Shadow DLC for Fire Emblem 3 houses? It's brutally hard on hard mode. I like it, but losing after a 2 hour skirmish resulting in a hard game over is, well, frustrating.
Three houses is a game I desperately want to get back into.

I reached the start of act 2 and just stopped playing. I don't want to restart but I hate going back to games months after I put them down.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ooh didn't know there was a dlc. One of my favourite games of last year.

celia

Ooh didn't know there was a dlc. One of my favourite games of last year.
But the DLC was announced from the start. We got the first wave as soon as the game was released. It was only an alternative costume for Byleth but it was great for the haters of the original female costume.

I played Cindered Shadows on easy mode but it was a nice change. Though I think I would be infuriated if I was playing on a hard mode when enemies suddenly appear when the end seems close and I lose two characters this way.

The only thing I didn't like was that I disliked a character, so I wasn't surprised by a plot twist. And I feel the story of the DLC seems to contradict some parts of the main game.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Are there any good racing games besides Mario Kart that I can play local multiplayer on? I have 4 nephews who come over often and only play racing games so preferably something they can all play together at the same time.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Are there any good racing games besides Mario Kart that I can play local multiplayer on? I have 4 nephews who come over often and only play racing games so preferably something they can all play together at the same time.
I enjoyed sonic racing

Maagge

I know it's not a racing game but the Overcooked games are a riot as local multiplayer. How old are your nephews?

b82REZ

Agree with Overcooked suggestions. Cracking multiplayer game.

Crash Team Racing is good, but has a steeper learning curve than Mario Kart.

Games like Smash Bros are incredibly fun in multiplayer.

If you're only looking for racing games you'll be limited to kart racers almost exclusively, and while some are good in their own right, they're all generally inferior to Mario Kart.

Maagge

Maybe you can find something here as well:

b82REZ

Just remembered another amazing multiplayer game, Good Job. It's published by Nintendo and is incredibly fun. I believe you can have up to 4 players.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
I cannot recommend Rayman Legends enough for such occasions.

decorativeed

Just noticed Donkey Kong Country 3 has been added to the SNES games. Looking forward to playing that one again.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

Gehrman

So I've been playing Ori and the will of the wisps and found it mostly to be an amazing game so far although, I found some of the platforming sequences hard to figure out. For people who completed the game or almost completed, did you find
escaping the sandworm
insanely hard? For me it more or less gamebreaking. I'm considering giving up completing this game but I usually do it out of principle but it's sucking the joy out of playing it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So I've been playing Ori and the will of the wisps and found it mostly to be an amazing game so far although, I found some of the platforming sequences hard to figure out. For people who completed the game or almost completed, did you find
escaping the sandworm
insanely hard? For me it more or less gamebreaking. I'm considering giving up completing this game but I usually do it out of principle but it's sucking the joy out of playing it.
Just an opinion: If you played Ori & the Blind Forest before, you won't have to play Will of the Wisps.

Blind Forest was also challenging, but only in few moments and difficulty was rising more adequately to game progress... I'll risk and say it had even more balance than Celeste.

Gehrman

Just an opinion: If you played Ori & the Blind Forest before, you won't have to play Will of the Wisps.

Blind Forest was also challenging, but only in few moments and difficulty was rising more adequately to game progress... I'll risk and say it had even more balance than Celeste.
I beat Will of the wisps earlier today. I thought it was a very good game. Not quite as good as Hollow Knight(I preferred the atmosphere and art), but it was definitely worth it. Im trying to see if I can sell my used copy though. Switch games rarely seem to drop in price so once I'm done with a game, I just try to sell it immediately.

Maagge

I beat Will of the wisps earlier today. I thought it was a very good game. Not quite as good as Hollow Knight(I preferred the atmosphere and art), but it was definitely worth it. Im trying to see if I can sell my used copy though. Switch games rarely seem to drop in price so once I'm done with a game, I just try to sell it immediately.
Most third party games are regularly on sale. At least the ones I'm keeping track of. First party games are another story, but you'll still get the occasional sale.

shabz

What are the best games to play with the family of all ages? I just bought a Switch and will be taking it around to the in laws for Christmas. Any suggestions are welcome, I will go out tomorrow and purchase them.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
What are the best games to play with the family of all ages? I just bought a Switch and will be taking it around to the in laws for Christmas. Any suggestions are welcome, I will go out tomorrow and purchase them.
Mario Kart would be best choice in my opinion

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Mario Kart
Mario Party might be fun but I don't have it so can't say for sure.